closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bargain basement paddling pool.

Bargain basement paddling pool.

Thinking of getting a cheapo paddling pool for the hot summer days that we will almost certainly get once or twice this year.

Almost bought a Lay-Z-Spa but was put off by the need for chemicals and constant water treatment etc, and the fact you have to leave the pump and heater constantly running even if you go away for two weeks etc....

Anyone had any fun with one like this?

I guess a small pool heater at about the same price will do virtually nothing to heat it up??

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5173293

Bargain basement paddling pool.

We have had a couple of these - which is the first negative. Think semi-disposable! They take ages to fill and are impossible to move once you have - so your lawn is going to suffer if you leave it for more than a few days.

But that's just me being a grouch... The kids love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesianbriggs View Post
    We have had a couple of these - which is the first negative. Think semi-disposable! They take ages to fill and are impossible to move once you have - so your lawn is going to suffer if you leave it for more than a few days.

But that's just me being a grouch... The kids love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think that's the problem, we have a cheap £12 asda one about 2/3 the length and width of that one and i think that takes ages to fill and gets mucky after a couple of days, much bigger and think it's better to consider semi permanent and go down the 10 or 12ft bestway/intex job and chemical/pump/heater route.

Hmmmm, maybe feet in a bucket of water is the best bet then!

Would be going on the rear driveway so no worries about killing the lawn.

I did see one in QD stores for £13 yesterday so might give that a go. Should be a larf sat in it with a cold beer on the day the UK hits 31 degrees.

Master
    Yeah they last about a summer and are a bugger to do anything with once up so either expect increased water bills for constant refills or get placement right first time.

We have one of these
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3653382

Has lasted 2 summers so far (so immediately cheaper than others) the filter works ok but we are also looking at chlorine granules to enable us to keep it up while the good weather lasts (we set it up yesterday for the little one). Luckily we aren't on a water meter so bills are reasonable still, but want to keep it up as long as possible.

With these sort of things I've found that either get something just big enough so you don;t waste water too much constantly putting it up / down or get something big with the infrastructure to allow you to keep it up all summer. The middle ground has little upside.

Bought a new paddling pool when the kids were little.
    First time we used it, hot day, and I was just filling it with water when a friend turned up with her labrador. Over excited labrador jumps into pool ripping it to shreds. Don't think the kids even had a chance to get into it. I think that was the last paddling pool we ever bought.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Had a few over the years, semi disposable is right, this years one had a weekend use a few weeks ago and the kids loved it, dumped the water out when it gets mucky after a few days and so I'll be probably be filling it again this evening ready for the weekend, never really gets warm though, mine is circular but deep so it doesn't warm up like the one you linked to might. Go for it, cheap fun.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Had a few over the years, semi disposable is right, this years one had a weekend use a few weeks ago and the kids loved it, dumped the water out when it gets mucky after a few days and so I'll be probably be filling it again this evening ready for the weekend, never really gets warm though, mine is circular but deep so it doesn't warm up like the one you linked to might. Go for it, cheap fun.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-quick-u...65419006910200

Yep pretty much identical to that, mine was Argos though, same price.
    Cheers..
    Jase

^^^

With respect, maybe English isn't your first language but 'bargain basement' in English just means inexpensive - not what you're after!

Or maybe you're not serious?