closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hublot Bright Red Ceramic

Hublot Bright Red Ceramic

Whilst it does of course look like a G-Shock it is an interesting development by Hublot and pushes ceramic further even if in a direction we might not want or need - although gloss black could be interetsing.

https://www.watchprosite.com/hublot/...251.9819326/0/

No one of us 'needs' a luxury watch. Comedy 45mm size aside, I quite like it.

Master
    I'd not realised the bloke who sells cleaning products, lighters and cheap watches at our local market was a Hublot AD.

No doubt very well made, but breaks rule #1 of watch buying in a big way, ie a watch has to look nice.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Absolutely awful.

Certainly not my cup of tea

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    They do make some seriously ugly watches. This is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Whilst it does of course look like a G-Shock...
    Yes but Casio do it better. I assume they're at least going to try to price match the G-Shock?
    "A man of little significance"

Wow, that is very red!
    Not my cup of tea, not a big fan of Hublot.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    No doubt very well made, but breaks rule #1 of watch buying in a big way, ie a watch has to look nice.

Craftsman
    Trouble is you can't unsee it.

Blog Entries
    Made for these guys ?

z

Master
    The article is about their technical expertise in materials development not the watch itself. Of course it looks sh*te, it's a Hublot, but I am impressed with their commitment to new materials.

At least Hublot have got a coherent vision of what they want their watches to look like. Many watches companies at the moment are just faffing about trying to squeeze as much life as possible out of their historical designs - often making a horrible mess in the process - or are just heading for the bland middle ground.

For what it's worth, I would much rather a watch in that shade of red than in the green of much-beloved Hulk.

Blog Entries
    OMG, that's hideous
    Looks like something someone pulled out of a gum machine...

Craftsman
    I don't particularly like the watch , but I enjoyed reading the article about the technology behind the watch .I like the way that Hublot are pushing the boundaries and trying new things rather than always looking backward and wallowing in nostalgia like too many other brands.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Michael Jackson would have worn it (whilst filming the Thriller video anyway)...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm not a massive Hublot fan in general, but blimey - that is really garish. Each to their own, but I really don't like that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Intersting.......but apart from a child who would want to wear a bright red watch?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    I don't particularly like the watch , but I enjoyed reading the article about the technology behind the watch .I like the way that Hublot are pushing the boundaries and trying new things rather than always looking backward and wallowing in nostalgia like too many other brands.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hublot have nothing and no heritage to look back on, though...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Intersting.......but apart from a child who would want to wear a bright red watch?
    Same people who drive a bright red car with a prancing horse on it?

I wish Hublot would pay some attention to quality, case construction and buy in better movements. The Classic Fusion is a great looking watch but at the price a crappy selitta 2892 clone just wont do.

I've a bright orange swatch - dial case and strap all orange - and when I wear it, it feels like I've got a little bit of sunshine with me. I guess the answer to who wants a red watch would not include people who prefer to wander around under their own drizzly little cloud.

I have handled the watch when I shot it for a magazine cover, while the ceramic technology is interesting I thought it looked a bit plasticky, might be ok for a league 1 newly signed footballer or burgeoning drill artist from Peckham but let’s be honest here it’s no looker is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Same people who drive a bright red car with a prancing horse on it?

I wish Hublot would pay some attention to quality, case construction and buy in better movements. The Classic Fusion is a great looking watch but at the price a crappy selitta 2892 clone just wont do.
    I would say the quality & finish by Hublot is really good - but I agree with the movement comment. The Big Bang became such a "fakers paradise" as they changed so many things between batches and used a 7750. The Unico however is all in house and was designed to be a new movement without the failings of older movts eg you can adjust the date at any time without risk of damage to the mechanism and can drop in additional modules such as perpetual calendar.

Thank you for the comments from those who enjoyed the article and yes it is all about the materials and a watch maker pushing what can be done, something the ceramics industry had been attempting for 20 years, and perfectly matching Ferrari red due to their partnership, not the aesthetics or perceived target market of an actual bright red watch itself.
    Last edited by MB2; 29th November 2018 at 13:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I would say the quality & finish by Hublot is really good - but I agree with the movement comment. The Big Bang became such a "fakers paradise" as they changed so many things between batches and used a 7750. The Unico however is all in house and was designed to be a new movement without the failings of older movts eg you can adjust the date at any time without risk of damage to the mechanism and can drop in additional modules such as perpetual calendar.

Thank you for the comments from those who enjoyed the article and yes it is all about the materials and a watch maker pushing what can be done, something the ceramics industry had been attempting for 20 years, and perfectly matching Ferrari red due to their partnership, not the aesthetics or perceived target market of an actual bright red watch itself.
    Im repairing a Hublot today, and as usual the screws and bridles used externally to secure inner case with outer ceramic case, have rusted. How stupid does one have to be to use carbon steel external parts on a waterproof wristwatch....?

Theyve a long way to go but they're gaining in popularity, im sure the future is bright.

Yeuch!!

Just wait 'til they drop it!

It'd be more that a big bang then....

Master
    It's a garish, attention-seeking monstrosity, no doubt but I respect the design. It strikes me as one that's fully consistent with the Hublot 'design grammar' and is even quite a strong, clean example of it.

Master
    This guy at the gym wears a white one (one of those guys that only works on his chest/biceps/triceps) on the gym floor. Haven’t managed to get close enough to see if it’s a real one or a replica or just a fake one....

Needless to say it’s hideous

The expression "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" springs to mind.

Still, they won't care as I'd never be able to afford one!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

If they can produce ceramic in that hue, why can't Rolex get a decent red/blue for the gmt?

Master
    I don’t mind that it’s not that hideous, it certainly ain’t on a level with J&Co’s garbage

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    If they can produce ceramic in that hue, why can't Rolex get a decent red/blue for the gmt?
    It is answered in the article.

Just read it. Ceramics are "baked" on higher temperatures than pigments that are responsible for bright red colour.

I would wear it without problem. All my watches have atleast some colour on it. World is a murky place, why not use some colour.

Please tell me it was commissioned by London Fire Brigade. Seriously though it would make a nice holiday watch.
    Last edited by VDG; 30th November 2018 at 08:30.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I've a bright orange swatch - dial case and strap all orange - and when I wear it, it feels like I've got a little bit of sunshine with me. I guess the answer to who wants a red watch would not include people who prefer to wander around under their own drizzly little cloud.
    Read this back to yourself.....does it actually make sense?...if it does it’s way over my head.

Bright red watches are OK for bellends......at least they match!

Maybe being a hard-nosed realist has its drawbacks.....but I’ll settle for the drizzly cloud and continue enjoying class over fashion.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 30th November 2018 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Read ths back to yourself.....does it actually make sense?...if it does it’s may over my head.
    Would this make sense, shorn of its boozy typos?

Grand Master

est teply

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Would this make sense, shorn of its boozy typos?
    Best reply you can muster?........you don’t change, saddo!

Take it outside, guys...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Nothing new, Waltham and Technos late 60s early 70s made from sapphire.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk