closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will the PRS-3 return?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    No.

Eddie
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

Journeyman
    Any news now?

Still no.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    A bit of a tweak.

The other thread alerted me to the fact I haven't been keeping up with this at all. If these come out well, I will definitely be in line for one. I'm "that guy" who bought a CWC quartz reissue in spite of the price. Largely because the aged lume on the bezel matching the dial and hands makes it look rather nice indeed. I didn't care about whether it looks "vintage" or not, I just prefer the softer amber colour to the standard, slightly angry-looking green. Since I bought that one to mark a special date I have to be a bit careful with it, so I'm on the lookout for something similar to wear more frequently as I am a big fan of this design. But not too similar, as I don't want two nearly-identical watches.

For that reason I really like the idea of the blue version. I wonder what other people think about the green lume on the blue dial though? Doesn't look great to me. What's the state-of-the-art these days when it comes to pure white superluminova? The stuff on my Kemmner Octopus seems pretty good. I think that would look perfect with the blue. It would also stop the white date wheel looking so out of place. The hands and bezel lume would need to match of course.

Also wondering, given the plans to expand the Smiths brand, what this would look like with the plain SMITHS text on the dial? Hmm...

Master
    Seem to have missed this one! Like the designs, would probably prefer date only or plain dial. Like the DLC with blue dial/bezel option best at the moment.

Missed getting one of the original PRS3 - not really sure why - and this would be a good addition.

Journeyman
    Perhaps the blue & yellow versions should have C1 or better yet, BGW-9 lume?

And I'd keep the Precista brand & logo. I like it. And it has legitimate history. That, and boobies would look silly on an MoD dialed mil-diver.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    Perhaps the blue & yellow versions should have C1 or better yet, BGW-9 lume?

And I'd keep the Precista brand & logo. I like it. And it has legitimate history. That, and boobies would look silly on an MoD dialed mil-diver.
    They didnít look silly on a RAF-issued 6B.

Agreed though that the PRS-3 is a great watch. I like Monin cased divers.

Craftsman
    What updates are there on the PRS-3.

Grand Master
    I still think Version A (black dial and bezel) is the ultimate, perfect dive watch and I will definitely be in line to buy one even it it means selling sperm, a kidney or a child.

Journeyman
    I can't decide between version a or b. I think with the dial configuration I'd go b but if it was no date a

Journeyman
    Is there any news on this one? Or perhaps is there an estimates schedule or release order list for anything upcoming?

1st. Expedition
    2nd. Speedbird
    3rd. Caribbean
    4th. PRS-3

Many Thanks