closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the PRS-3 return?

Master
    I have one of the recent Zenoís but I would definitely be intefetsest in the PVD one especially with the day/date

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    Don't skimp on the lume. Lay it on nice and thick. Hoping for a 2254 like glow.
    Good point - the lume was the weakest area of the PRS-3. The colours on the LE were fine as is and agree on the comments on ceramic bezel. I don't like them.

Craftsman
    Don't like the skinny minute hand. Otherwise it looks great.

If its to have a ceramic bezel, please make it matte.

Drilled lugs are always best I would say. Don't understand how fixed lugs is so important for some people. Wouldn't limit the watch to natos only?

Will the PRS-3 return?

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Don't understand how fixed lugs is so important for some people. Wouldn't limit the watch to natos only?
    NATOís, single pass straps, clip-on straps and anything that can be made to loop around them... e.g. Erikaís Originals does a variation that works.

Regardless very limiting as you say

Great looking thing, it has day & date so this is one I'd actually buy.

I would prefer having the arrow rather than the L on the dial. The L reminds me too much of what they do on the CWC's whereas that arrow links it to the original Broadarrow PRS 3's that I rather liked. The heavily shrouded crown works well for me too.

Normal alloy bezel insert is best IMO as it's tough & more "tool watch".

Quote Originally Posted by Narc'd View Post
    The current CWC Mk.2 has a nice insert. I can't tell if it's aluminium or PVD coated steel or similar but it has a nice crackle finish with the numerals and marks recessed and infilled with white paint. It's a hell of a lot better than say an SKX anodised finish. Being mounted slightly below the top of the steel rim that frames the insert protects it slightly.

How about using an acrylic bezel insert with lume filling a la the PRS-50? Could really show up the ridiculously overpriced CWC early 1980s reissues for what they are.

The bevel on the bezel of that CWC is a nice touch, although as the insert is the same width it presumably makes the bezel and therefore the whole case bigger.
    The CWC Mk.2 and Broadarrow PRS-3 are more or less the same in dimensions. (CWC modified with Zeno PRS-3 minute hand as mentioned previously)

The Broadarrow is 11.5mm thick versus the CWC's 11.8mm
    Last edited by Narc'd; 30th November 2018 at 21:00.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the tweaked renders.

I like the new bezel. But also liked the first one. So, either is fine with me.
    I like the black edged hands on the yellow and orange dials. Definite improvement.
    The crown & guards still seem a bit large. But, maybe I'll find them charming after awhile. There was a time when I wasn't sure about PRS-18's asymmetrical case, but I came to really like it.
    I prefer the Broad Arrow over the Circle L logo, but either is fine.
    If you are going to have a date, you might as well have a day window too. I've gotten so used to it on my SKX divers that it looks normal to me, now.

Looking forward to this one in blue. Though now that orange is looking appealing, as well.

Craftsman
    I would be very interested in Version A with either a ceramic or aluminium insert.

Master
    Id rather just the date, or no date. Not a lover of day/dates (unless its the rolex model)

Just a straight re-issue of the originall would be fav for me (and a lot of others methinks!!!) inc the 10 year rhonda

^^^ I'm no lover of date windows, but I get the feeling that the whole idea of this watch for Eddie is to have the day date. I have had homages to this style of watch and having the 6 / 9 really makes the dial seem fully unbalanced to me. I think it would work much better simplified and allows the windows to sit on the dial with a feeling of symmetry...

Thanks for the rendering, Oliver. Execellent work! I agree, this layout looks so much cleaner with the day/date than the 6/9.

Here's my personal wishlist for improvements over the old PRS-3Q:

- anti-reflective coating for the crystal
    - brushed rehaut
    - strong even lume for dial and hands (preferably more white than green in daylight, ideally with raised plots as per CWC)
    - better crown assembly that engages more securely
    Last edited by dschaen81; 4th December 2018 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    ^^^ I'm no lover of date windows, but I get the feeling that the whole idea of this watch for Eddie is to have the day date. I have had homages to this style of watch and having the 6 / 9 really makes the dial seem fully unbalanced to me. I think it would work much better simplified and allows the windows to sit on the dial with a feeling of symmetry...

That looks great.

Craftsman
    Would like to see a render with a bigger minute hand.

Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Just playing with a few ideas. This time with the ETA955.122 (same as in the CWC SBS) and initially only in steel and DLC. Any interest?

Eddie
    Liking this a lot, prefer without the L on the dial thou.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Would like to see a render with a bigger minute hand.
    A little crude, but I have beefed the hand up...

Journeyman
    I haven't commented in a while, but I really like all of the new designs coming to production!

Master
    Anyone else fancy a yellow dial / blue bezel combo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Anyone else fancy a yellow dial / blue bezel combo.
    No! Sometimes less is more

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    No! Sometimes less is more
    Yes, lets all dress like Steve Jobs.

Apprentice

I think he's right. The '3-6-9' doesn't look so good without the '3'.

Craftsman
    A little crude, but I have beefed the hand up...

Thanks. Looks better.

Will the PRS-3 return?

Just remove that day-date ... and tweak those hands... and then it will almost be the COSC that Iím wearing.

(Ok I forgot about the small 3-6-9 on that one but you get what Iím saying maybe? This should be a unique design?)
    Last edited by redhed18; 7th December 2018 at 14:43.

I imagine this would be one of your best sellers. I'm in for one, DLC please.

Did you ever consider the ISA9500-1010 for this one Eddie? I remember the philosophy behind the original PRS3 was essentially to upgrade the CWC and sell it for less. With them expanding their range the only significant gap is a sweep second quartz and for me "no date" has to be the way to go on a military tool watch.

Would it be possible to make extra bezel's available, I fancy both a yellow and maybe blue version of the watch but would like to have the option of fitting a standard black bezel at some point.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."