closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Tyson Fury OR Deontay Wilder?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyson Fury

41 68.33%
  • Deontay Wilder

19 31.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - SATURDAY/SUNDAY!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I thought Tyson dominated that by a mile. Wilder barely landed a single shot for the first 11 rounds (the first knock down caught him on the top of his head and knocked him over). Tyson was WAY ahead the entire fight and I thought gave Wilder a masterclass in boxing. The final knock down was a bloody good combo to be fair and I thought Tyson was done at that point. Managing to get up from that was a huge effort and very impressive. A draw though........... Not even close. Poxy ‘sport’!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1... Fury boxed Wilders bollocks off and came away with a draw. Good that they both stay "undefeated" I suppose, but that was no draw.

Who else thinks Wilder is going to duck the re-match? Lots of money? Yes. Going to get beaten? Also yes.
    He'll want Joshua next but Fury deserves a second shot at that belt, and that's coming from someone who hated him after the ban.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you go to America to fight an American Champion you have to do more than what Fury did to win on points.

Fury certainly won a lot of close rounds but the only two rounds that weren't up to the judges interpretation was the two 10-8 rounds.

It was similar to Fury Klitchsko. if Klitchsko had of put Fury down on two separate occasions Fury wouldn't of won that either.

Basically smacked of the first Lewis v Holyfield fight early 2000’s, Lewis dominated their man but got a draw...

Money talks I’m afraid in the USA, It’s not like they don’t have history in coming up with disgraceful decisions is it...

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    They couldn’t give it to fury after being banged out twice like that. The ref could have called it at that 12tg round knockout because fury looked unconscious for a second or two.

Fury had done enough to be ahead for most people until that last round, where you have to give Wilder credit for actually trying to finish the fight.
    It wasn’t a 12th round knockout, as you put it, it was a knock down, and he got up and beat the ten count, hence being allowed to carry on...

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Not sure you understand how boxing is supposed to be scored.
    2 point deduction for a knockdown giving Wilder both those rounds 10-8 would wipe out 4 rounds where fury won 10-9 and wilder winning other rounds gives a draw in the judges eyes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    It wasn’t a 12th round knockout, as you put it, it was a knock down, and he got up and beat the ten count, hence being allowed to carry on...

I follow what you say but it’s me not being clear what I meant, when I said “knockout” I meant fury actually being unconscious rather than a ten second count

The ref COULD have called it because Fury May have been unconscious when he hit the canvas (if you watch the replay he lifts his head up as if he was coming around) at which point the referee, if he thought fury was unconscious, even for a second COULD call a halt to the fight.

He didn’t, obviously!!!
    Last edited by RJM25R; 2nd December 2018 at 13:34.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    If you go to America to fight an American Champion you have to do more than what Fury did to win on points.

Fury certainly won a lot of close rounds but the only two rounds that weren't up to the judges interpretation was the two 10-8 rounds.

It was similar to Fury Klitchsko. if Klitchsko had of put Fury down on two separate occasions Fury wouldn't of won that either.
    ☝️ this

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - SATURDAY/SUNDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    2 point deduction for a knockdown giving Wilder both those rounds 10-8 would wipe out 4 rounds where fury won 10-9 and wilder winning other rounds gives a draw in the judges eyes.
    Having listened to the fight, and not being an expert, that makes sense to me.

Only thing I can’t figure out is how one judge gave to Wilder by four rounds. Is that plausible? It would mean that Fury only won 5 rounds.

Overall it feels about right even if the boxing purists make a good case for Fury winning.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Having listened to the fight, and not being an expert, that makes sense to me.

Only thing I can’t figure out is how one judge gave to Wilder by four rounds. Is that plausible? .
    Points, not rounds. Either way, that judge got it very wrong, imho.

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post

If??? But he didn't, hence he won against Klitchsko...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Points, not rounds. Either way, that judge got it very wrong, imho.

Foggy
    Sorry, typo, 4 points. Wilder won 2 rounds 10-8, which means they split the rest of the rounds. Yes, I think he must have got it wrong. It certainly didn’t seem like Fury only won 5 rounds 10-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Not sure you understand how boxing is supposed to be scored.
    Exactly. The judges ("they") don't confer as a group and decide how to 'arrange' the three scorecards to give "their" desired result. In the universe of pro boxing decisions, even heavyweight boxing decisions, this one is not that out of step with many others I've seen over the years (decades). Controversial decisions are almost the rule rather than the exception.

Given the extremely odd and improbable result of a draw, calls for a rematch are only natural. To suggest that there is some skullduggery by the promoters is just crackpot and totally unrealistic.

These things happen.

Grand Master
    Hopefully Fury can keep up the good work and get in better shape for any rematch, this one was rushed a little, but now he has time to prepare for his next bout, Wilder can't be leaving this fight looking forward to a rematch, especially if it's in the UK.

I do wish Fury had held out in the last for a win, but he did get sloppy later on, always felt he would get better the longer the fight went, but he was a bit rusty, especially doing later rounds, so probably was expected.

A couple things...

In watching close-up replays of the 12th round knockdown, it looks very much like Fury was knocked unconscious for a moment or two on the canvas, then suddenly woke up and jumped back to his feet.

In Sunday's San Diego Union-Tribune, the story of the fight was a smallish article on page 9 of the sports section!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Exactly. The judges ("they") don't confer as a group and decide how to 'arrange' the three scorecards to give "their" desired result. In the universe of pro boxing decisions, even heavyweight boxing decisions, this one is not that out of step with many others I've seen over the years (decades). Controversial decisions are almost the rule rather than the exception.

Given the extremely odd and improbable result of a draw, calls for a rematch are only natural. To suggest that there is some skullduggery by the promoters is just crackpot and totally unrealistic.

These things happen.
    It's naive to think judges decisions are not arranged by some method, especially in such a historically corrupt sport and given the technology to hand nowadays. It would be interesting to hear the judges reasoning for marking the fight so differently from his peers.

In saying that. The old saying of "don't leave it in the judges hands" rings true. A fighter like Fury is a promoters dream, it's much more difficult to "fix" a knock out that goes the wrong way.

Craftsman
    There is a 0.00001% chance of a draw IMO.
    It was 33-1 and I backed it.... Also had Fury as split decision. Great fight and think the big man was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    It was 33-1 and I backed it.... Also had Fury as split decision. Great fight and think the big man was robbed.
    nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    It's naive to think judges decisions are not arranged by some method, especially in such a historically corrupt sport and given the technology to hand nowadays. It would be interesting to hear the judges reasoning for marking the fight so differently from his peers.

In saying that. The old saying of "don't leave it in the judges hands" rings true. A fighter like Fury is a promoters dream, it's much more difficult to "fix" a knock out that goes the wrong way.
    If by "arranged" you mean conspired, I think you are way off the mark. The judges don't confer with each other...they are generally from different countries and are scoring the rounds in real time on their own. Nobody has any way of knowing how each judge's card will develop over the 12 rounds, given the fighters' performances in each round. The judges don't score the fight at the end, only round by round.

Manipulating the scoring of a heavyweight championship fight of this magnitude in Los Angeles is ridiculous, and much riskier than any rewards to be gained. I would certainly entertain any evidence to the contrary.

It's a strange result. The only thing less likely than a draw, is 3 professional judges, watching the same fight, at the same time, coming to 3 wildly different results.

Can say definitively that wilder took 2 rounds beyond doubt. That only leaves 10 rounds, how can there be so much disparity in the scorecards? Had it been a point either way, I think most would accept it.

I'd say collusion is unlikely, because quite simply, they'd surely do it better!

One bribed judge is more probable, and easier. And I imagine the money at stake is huge for the promoter and networks, fury Vs AJ probably isn't a big attraction for american audiences.

Or.......... they just got it inexplicably wrong.

Listening to Steve Bunce, he was quite clear that Fury won it.

And if Steve says that, then I for one belief him.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Yeah, two judges you can understand, kind of....One being that far away stinks.

This is interesting:

ROUND 7 - The Mexican judge who scored the fight 115-111 for Wilder gave Round 7 to Fury, but the other two judges gave it to Wilder!

This is interesting:

ROUND 7 - The Mexican judge who scored the fight 115-111 for Wilder gave Round 7 to Fury, but the other two judges gave it to Wilder!

Looks like one of my golf cards!

Do you think it possible that he's got the two sides mixed up and then daren't say anything after the result was announced? The above would fit that explanation.

This is interesting:

Interesting especially as the other judges had Fury the winner in rounds 1-5, 8.

I quite like the view that the Mexican Judge got the names mixed up but then sorted his mistake in round 8.

But if you discount his score then Fury won 8 rounds to Wilders 4.

But at the end end of the day no one really cares as i imagine a rematch (payday) is being planned.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Draw. Then a rematch.
    Oh, what a surprise. Not!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46489617

25/1 the draw. I should’ve listened to myself.
    Last edited by Motman; 8th December 2018 at 08:42.

Master
    Does anybody know what the implications are of the WBC 'ordering' a rematch?
    I believe that still means they don't HAVE to fight and if Wilder wants AJ he can still do that!? Sure this has happened before but cannot recall when.

Perhaps it just means, if Wilder does not take the rematch he will have to give up the belt, unless he gets permission from them to fight AJ first?

I think there was another mandatory challenger and they’ve now given their blessing for a rematch to jump the queue

Didn’t really see the need for a trilogy imo, Fury clearly won both previous fights and was disappointed but not unexpectedly given a draw in the first.

Come Saturday I hope Fury absolutely smashes Wilder to bits and makes him quit for good.

Bloody hate rematch clauses, it’s ruined boxing over the last 5 years.

I just hope it's not a first round knock out, that £25 PPV will look pretty poor value if it is!

I'm not a boxing fan of any sort, but the prices people have to pay to watch these fights looks a bit mental to me.

Imagine paying £25 to watch JUST a Grand Prix or the Wimbledon final?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I certainly won’t be laying for PPV, I’ll watch it on YouTube at a later date tbh.

Master
    So what’s the consensus, has Fury prepared for this?

I just think it’ll be a carbon copy of the second fight, Tyson walks forward and Wilder is unable to fight off the back foot.

Craftsman
    I’m looking forward to watching this fight and am contemplating waking early to watch first hand.

I think Fury will win in a more convincing fashion than he did in fights 1 & 2.

Master
    There's no certainty in the heavyweight decision where one good punch can finish the bout. But Fury should have too much for Wilder, he is the real deal

I couldn't stand Fury at one point but his Last 2 fights with Wilder proved to me at least he is the best heavyweight out there at the moment.

Hopefully if he doesn't get caught with a big punch he'll win again.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I couldn't stand Fury at one point but his Last 2 fights with Wilder proved to me at least he is the best heavyweight out there at the moment.

Hopefully if he doesn't get caught with a big punch he'll win again.

I never liked Fury until his infamous Batman press conference, after that and his mental issues he’s gone from strength to strength and I’m a massive fan now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to buy it as I want to see Fury take Wilder apart again. Wilder's the worst heavyweight champion in a generation and ultimately I'd love to see Fury become the undisputed champion of the world.

I too have become a big fan of Fury. As said earlier, he is the real deal!

Notwithstanding the above, I am certain he was knocked out stone cold in fight #1, only to wake up and recover in time to beat the count. An unpopular opinion here, I know!

Notwithstanding the above, I am certain he was knocked out stone cold in fight #1, only to wake up and recover in time to beat the count. An unpopular opinion here, I know!
    And arguably won the round after it.

Have a feeling Wilder will try to KO Fury early on as he has no hopes of boxing him for 12 rounds. Fury should be smart enough to know this and see him off once he’s punched himself out.

Having watched some of the press conference last night I feel Fury has already won, Wilder again got schooled in the verbals and can’t even look Fury in the eye, he’s a beaten man already.

Best thing about that was the ref giving him the full count, most ref’s would of halted it but the ref knowing it was a championship fight gave him the chance to get up. Saw an interview with the ref later saying he asked him if he was ok and wanted to continue knowing Wilder would jump all over him and wanted to make sure Fury k ew what he was doing basically.

Fury then went on and imo won the round.

Best thing about that was the ref giving him the full count, most ref’s would of halted it but the ref knowing it was a championship fight gave him the chance to get up. Saw an interview with the ref later saying he asked him if he was ok and wanted to continue knowing Wilder would jump all over him and wanted to make sure Fury k ew what he was doing basically.

Fury then went on and imo won the round.

Some talk that he counted too slowly and that Fury should have been counted out

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Some talk that he counted too slowly and that Fury should have been counted out
    A slow count?
    People should watch the real time action, the ref counted perfectly and he got up at 9.

I just think it’ll be a carbon copy of the second fight, Tyson walks forward and Wilder is unable to fight off the back foot.

and I think that's why Wilder has been working on the body shots. Being on the back foot, he's going to try and rip hooks to the midriff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    and I think that's why Wilder has been working on the body shots. Being on the back foot, he's going to try and rip hooks to the midriff.
    I just don’t see Wilder being able to do that, he’s never been able to change his style from day one, swinging right hands and average heavy weights who can’t dodge a swinging right hand are the only reason he kept winning.

Any other era and he would of been found out so much quicker.

But like others have said, it’s the heavyweights, anything can happen.

Both coming in at their career heaviest, I really did think Wilder was going to slim down and weigh less so he had a bit more speed and maybe not be fatigued as much, what do I know?

Both coming in at their career heaviest, I really did think Wilder was going to slim down and weigh less so he had a bit more speed and maybe not be fatigued as much, what do I know?

I thought the same. Really hope he hasn't just took this for granted.

I thought Wilder looked too skinny in the last fight, but at this weigh-in he looked to have a belly I've never seen before. Doesn't bode well for him IMO.