closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Tyson Fury OR Deontay Wilder?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyson Fury

41 68.33%
  • Deontay Wilder

19 31.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - SATURDAY/SUNDAY!

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - SATURDAY/SUNDAY!

Okay, gents, these two are 67-0 between them. Only one will remain undefeated on Sunday.

Which one?

Tricky one. If his head is in the game, I’d say Tyson should have it.
    It's just a matter of time...

I’d like to think Fury ...they assume he’s just a big fat English bloke to step over on the way to Joshua I think they have underestimated him and the fact he’s made of 94.2% bone.

If Fury can drag it out who knows fingers crossed it will be worth it just to see him stood next to Lewis Hamilton on Sports Personality.

Craftsman
    I think Wilder hits too hard. Fury will frustrate him early on but he has stopped throwing punches himself, as Freddy Roach pointed out. I cannot see how Fury will not tire past 5 rounds at which point Wilder will start to catch him. The mistake WE make in the UK is thinking Wilder is some inferior American scared of Joshua. IMO either of them would beat AJ.

On paper, at their best, both would beat Joshua - but Joshua has the potential to get even better, and I feel they are both towards the end of their abilities - but we will see.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Wilder is 8/13 on and Fury is 13/8 against, yet 60% of the bets have gone on Fury. That tells us the people think/want Fury will win (sentiment and hope maybe) yet the bookies think Wilder will win.

I haven’t a clue but for entertainment value I think we want to see Fury win.

Master
    Does anyone know how good Fury is, honestly? I don't.

He had three years off, "fought" Seferi, who was pulled from the fight the minute Fury started to land proper punches, then boxed Pianeta a couple of months ago which went ten rounds for points.

Fury claims he could have KO'd either opponent in double-quick time if he needed to, but wanted to show his technical abilities to prove that he hadn't gotten rusty in his absence from the professional sport. Personally I'm inclined to believe him, I watched the Pianeta match and the poor lad never got a look-in, I think the judges scored it 10-0 on points.
    Still, the fact remains that he's only had TWO pro fights in the last year following a very long sabbatical and neither of them looked like the old Fury.

Was he building up to a big fight to let loose and take back his belt, or has he lost some of his killer instinct? I honestly can't decide - this is going to be a total coin flip as far as I'm concerned. I wish they had made Fury take a couple more fights before giving him a shot at the big one.

I will be cheering for Fury but certainly wouldn't want to bet on the fight. I hope it doesn't go the distance, it has the potential for fireworks.

Craftsman
    Tyson Fury stirkes me as someone who only gets motivated by the big fights therefore you can't look too much into histwo previous 'tune up' fights. It should be an easy points win for Fury but avoiding one of Wilder's big shots for 12 rounds will be a tough task.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Does anyone know how good Fury is, honestly? I don't.

He had three years off, "fought" Seferi, who was pulled from the fight the minute Fury started to land proper punches, then boxed Pianeta a couple of months ago which went ten rounds for points.

Fury claims he could have KO'd either opponent in double-quick time if he needed to, but wanted to show his technical abilities to prove that he hadn't gotten rusty in his absence from the professional sport. Personally I'm inclined to believe him, I watched the Pianeta match and the poor lad never got a look-in, I think the judges scored it 10-0 on points.
    Still, the fact remains that he's only had TWO pro fights in the last year following a very long sabbatical and neither of them looked like the old Fury.

Was he building up to a big fight to let loose and take back his belt, or has he lost some of his killer instinct? I honestly can't decide - this is going to be a total coin flip as far as I'm concerned. I wish they had made Fury take a couple more fights before giving him a shot at the big one.

I will be cheering for Fury but certainly wouldn't want to bet on the fight. I hope it doesn't go the distance, it has the potential for fireworks.

Agree about his lack of sharpness physically, but I can see a psychological problem. He’s clearly barmy, and 3 years off with some family issues and some well documented recreational pharmaceutical abuse plus reported depression and alleged threats of suicide aren’t likely to settle him down plus he’s never been hit as hard as Wilder can hit (in fact the hardest punch Fury has ever taken was when he punched himself!)

In my opinion, if the Fury who beat Klitscko turns up he’s clear favorite but I think that Tyson Fury is long gone.

I think Wilder is gonna hurt him and it’ll depend on how he reacts to that.

As mentioned above it’s a real flip of the coin, 50/50 and I wouldn’t be putting any of my money on a fight like that!

Journeyman
    I can't see Fury winning this in all honesty - IMO he beat an overly cautious Klitschko, and there's no way you could accuse Wilder of being that....

I think it's going to end very badly for Fury, but hey... I've been wrong before!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fury will runaway for as long as possible same as he did with Klitschko try to sneak a points win, but Wilder will catch up with him in second half of fight imo, so stoppage win to Wilder, Fury in it for a big payday, he cannot put his body thro what he has and not suffer repercussions, i dont believe Fury thinks he can win if he is completely honest with himself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dek10000 View Post
    Fury will runaway for as long as possible same as he did with Klitschko try to sneak a points win, but Wilder will catch up with him in second half of fight imo, so stoppage win to Wilder, Fury in it for a big payday, he cannot put his body thro what he has and not suffer repercussions, i dont believe Fury thinks he can win if he is completely honest with himself
    Fury is completely hatstand. He believes he can win, claim back his belts and retire undefeated.

Remember this is a guy who believes he’s better than Muhammad Ali and would have beaten mike Tyson in his prime.

He also believes in sky fairies, the Illuminati and Satan needing 3 things to happen to come back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WimQOI...ature=youtu.be

Master
    Only Fury knows whether he's back to his best- If he avoids Wilders Bombs then I think he'll out box and frustrate Wilder. Fury for all his faults is a clever boxer, he knows how to win fights has a decent chin, yes a cruiser weight dropped him and he nearly knocked himself out with an upper cut( google it if you haven't seen it, hilarious!)

I think Wilder is in for a tough and frustrating night, if Furys stamina holds up he winds on points for me.

hmmm just to add Fury is quite ring skilled and has a good defence

Wilder is well wild when punching with little regard for the possibility of a counter attack, he swings huge haymakers at a decent pace and force and seems to be pretty good at making it work for him at least against those he's been in the ring with so far many of which were shorter with shorter reach.

https://youtu.be/j5Nx8RUut1M

Fury's size and reach will level up the odds but a huge punch from either could finish it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Wilder is well wild when punching with little regard for the possibility of a counter attack

https://youtu.be/j5Nx8RUut1M
    Would love to have seen Lennox Lewis dealing with that

Says the San Diego Kid: "Wilder will crush Fury within three rounds!"

we have a sporting bet Pacific !

My heart says Fury, but my brain says Wilder.

That combination has let me down so so many times in the past. I'd be happy with a great fight.

I don't know. If it goes the distance it'll be Fury, if there's a knockout then Fury will be on the wrong end of it.

I can't call anything different to that, no idea which of those will happen.

Craftsman
    Draw. Then a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Draw. Then a rematch.
    There is a 0.00001% chance of a draw IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    There is a 0.00001% chance of a draw IMO.
    Quite. That mad Septic will be taken to school.

With all that weight loss over a short period of time, lack of fights I just don't see Fury having the stamina to go over 6/7 rounds.

Grand Master
    Fury all day long for me, he is a boxer, Wilder is just a hitter, he's never faced anyone with the skill and height/reach advantage as Fury, remember Fury can switch to southpaw from orthodox with ease and defend against that right, and i've never seen a heavyweight so motivated for a fight in ages, yes he's not going to power hit way to victory, but he will frustrate and box Wilder.

Of course Wilder could land one of his big rights, but i just see Fury being one of the best at frustrating, people forget this, he always has an advantage due to his size and his ability to change, Wilder for me hits hard, but has no back up plan, the longer the fight goes, the more Fury will control, so for Wilder, it's either an early KO or he's not going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Fury all day long for me, he is a boxer, Wilder is just a hitter, he's never faced anyone with the skill and height/reach advantage as Fury, remember Fury can switch to southpaw from orthodox with ease and defend against that right, and i've never seen a heavyweight so motivated for a fight in ages, yes he's not going to power hit way to victory, but he will frustrate and box Wilder.

Of course Wilder could land one of his big rights, but i just see Fury being one of the best at frustrating, people forget this, he always has an advantage due to his size and his ability to change, Wilder for me hits hard, but has no back up plan, the longer the fight goes, the more Fury will control, so for Wilder, it's either an early KO or he's not going to be happy.
    Agreed. Fury's speed of foot, speed of hand and volume of punches is (was) extraordinary. If, and it's a huge if, he's anywhere near his best then he'll win. Wilder has never faced anyone that will make him feel like he's constantly walking into a world of punches from every angle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agreed. (The old) Fury's speed of foot, speed of hand and volume of punches is (was) extraordinary. If, and it's a huge if, he's anywhere near his best then he'll win. Wilder has never faced anyone that will make him feel like he's constantly walking into a world of punches from every angle.
    HUGE if!

Fury has NEVER been hit properly (except when he hit himself.....)

Wilder will hit him and hurt him...... regardless of Fury’s own offense...

It could still go anywhere though.....

Master
    I watched a documentary on the fight last night and still can't decide. I don't see a stoppage in the first three rounds as whilst Wilder is a slugger, he will struggle to get close to Fury in the early rounds and must surely feel his way into the fight.

It's one of the few fights I'd be willing to pay for, but a start anywhere between 4.30 and 5.30 AM on a Sunday is probably a deal breaker for me.

Craftsman
    Just bought it..damn!

Saw this today...

Wilder's "impressive record"...
    1st Ethan Cox, wasn't ranked
    2nd Shannon Gray, wasn't ranked
    3rd Richard Greene Jr, wasn't ranked
    4th Joseph Rabotte, ranked 393rd in the World
    5th Charles Brown, wasn't ranked
    6th Kelsey Arnold, wasn't ranked
    7th Travis Allen, wasn't ranked
    8th Jerry Vaughn, wasn't ranked
    9th Ty Cobb, ranked 399th in the Heavyweight World
    10th Alvaro Morales, wasn't ranked
    11th Dustin Nichols, wasn't ranked
    12th Shannon Caudle, wasn't ranked
    13th Harold Sconiers, wasn't ranked
    14th Dan Sheehan, wasn't ranked
    15th DeAndrey Abron, wasn't ranked
    16th Reggie Pena, wasn't ranked
    17th Damon Reed, ranked 304th in the World
    18th Dominique Alexander, wasn't ranked
    19th Daniel Cota, ranked 489th in the World
    20th David Long, wasn't ranked
    21st Marlon Hayes, ranked 368th in the World
    22nd Jesse Oltmanns, ranked 492th in the World
    23rd Owen Beck, wasn't ranked
    24th Kertson Manswell, ranked 310th in the World
    25th Damon McCreary, ranked 357th in the World
    26th Kelvin Price, wasn't ranked
    27th Matthew Greer, ranked 325th in the World
    28th Audley Harrison, ranked 136th in the World ???
    29th Siarhei Liakhovich, ranked 43rd in the World, Siarhei Liakhovich was a blown up, washed up way past his Prime Cruiserweight.???
    30th Nicolai Firtha, ranked 121nd in the World
    31st Malik Scott, ranked 86th in the World
    32nd Jason Gavern, ranked 194th in the World
    33rd Bermane Stiverne, ranked 4th in the World (And he only beat a washed up Arreola, got given a free belt and hadn't beaten anyone top 30 to have had that false ranking)
    34th Eric Molina, ranked 37th in the World
    35th Johann Duhaupas, ranked 34th in the World
    36th Artur Szpilka, ranked 24th in the World
    37th Chris Arreola, ranked 43rd in the World
    38th Gerald Washington ranked 41st in the World
    39th Bermane Stiverne "UNRANKED"
    40th Luis Ortiz ranked 4th in the World and 48 years old Doesn't seem quite so good now, does it??!!

My prediction Tyson just leans on him and ties him up then frustrates him with his jab and stops Wilder on cuts or TKO....

Grand Master
    As above, Wilder has never had to fight someone this clever, young and big, Ortiz hurt him in the last fight, but the lack of size, speed or ability meant Ortiz just didn't capitalize, but as always, we also need to see what Tyson Fury turns up.

The reason i'm 100% sure Fury will win is that he just seems to more free this time, everybody has known he's had mental issues in the past, but just laughed at his antics, now he's come clean and opened up about it, he just seems so much more relaxed, he's also in his best shape, he actually seems to be loving boxing again.

Blog Entries
    Not if you paid me i do not like boxing and certainly not in the middle of the night but to you who have or will lay out £20..00 enjoy for what is is worth Wilder in the sixth

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Not if you paid me i do not like boxing and certainly not in the middle of the night but to you who have or will lay out £20..00 enjoy for what is is worth Wilder in the sixth
    I'm genuinely puzzled. If you don't like boxing then why open this thread?
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I'm genuinely puzzled. If you don't like boxing then why open this thread?
    I did not open the thread i replied to it and as a sports fan one cannot help knowing about this fight the same with booring F1,T10 ,T20, darts ,golf and on and on.

Fury to win convincingly on points. He will make Wilder look very ordinary.

It'll be a much tougher fight against AJ though

Bit disappointed that Tyson came in at that weight, expected him around 240 tbh. Just hope he doesn’t run out of steam now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, I'm disappointed Wilder came in at only 212, when his recent weights were 15 pounds heavier, and he's fighting a VERY big guy!

Master
    Anyone know the actual start time of the fight itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Anyone know the actual start time of the fight itself?
    Think I saw 5am GMT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Think I saw 5am GMT
    I saw 4.30, the reality is it's going to be somewhere in that region depending on what happens on the undercard

After watching the weigh-in I had a sneaky bet on Fury. I think Fury has got to Wilder psychologically and the weight differential is huge. Wilder has never fought anyone as big or experienced. Routine points win for Fury.

Well I've backed Fury to win by split decision...
    Fingers crossed...

I'm torn, fury has to avoid the power, but can he avoid it, and score enough to win, in America where judges always seem to favour the aggressive fighter above all else!?

He seems to have gone for "punchers" gloves too. I am not convinced that fury is bothered whether he wins or not??

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    I'm torn, fury has to avoid the power, but can he avoid it, and score enough to win, in America where judges always seem to favour the aggressive fighter above all else!?

He seems to have gone for "punchers" gloves too. I am not convinced that fury is bothered whether he wins or not??

Wilder will struggle to outpoint, he's just not that clever, Fury knows how to score points with his jab and speed.

I'm just struggling to understand how Wilder is such a favourite, he's not fought anyone of real note, hasn't appeared to fight anyone clever and his entire gameplan is keep trying to land the haymaker right, it's weird that he's talked about by folk as the most dangerous, the only negative for me with Fury is it is quite early in his comeback, so as always, he could be caught out early, but he does seem so focused and unafraid with this one.

Master
    I’m just gutted it’s on at stupid O clock, would have liked to watch it live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilder will struggle to outpoint, he's just not that clever, Fury knows how to score points with his jab and speed.

I'm just struggling to understand how Wilder is such a favourite, he's not fought anyone of real note, hasn't appeared to fight anyone clever and his entire gameplan is keep trying to land the haymaker right, it's weird that he's talked about by folk as the most dangerous, the only negative for me with Fury is it is quite early in his comeback, so as always, he could be caught out early, but he does seem so focused and unafraid with this one.
    Granted wilder doesn't have many "names" on his record, what he does do is knockout 250 pound plus guys, meaning he has the power to stop anyone. He's athletic and light for a heavyweight so quite quick and fit. No doubt fury is the better boxer, just hope he can score enough, in American judges eyes to win and avoid getting tagged.

I expected Ortiz to beat wilder, that didn't work out.

Master
    I’ve no idea who’ll win which is why it will be good to watch the fight.

Buzzing. C'mon, get the programme started!

Fury for me.

He's got under Wilder's skin and he'll frustrate him. Wilder has never fought anyone like Fury.

Roll on April 13th at Wembley

Malc

Blog Entries

I'm just struggling to understand how Wilder is such a favourite (other stuff....)

(The issue) with Fury is it is quite early in his comeback

You made the point yourself.

It’s 3 years since Fury fought anyone who wasn’t like a big birds blouse.

He’s his own worst enemy. His weight loss, lack of practice and time off will affect his stamina, and maybe will have affected his skills, maybe his jaw and possibly his heart.

He’s not in great shape (still saggy around the middle) and having watched Hatton escapades eventually catch up with him, I don’t see Tyson any different.

It’s still 50/50 though....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Fury for me.

He's got under Wilder's skin and he'll frustrate him. Wilder has never fought anyone like Fury.

Roll on April 13th at Wembley

Malc
    Fury has never been smashed to **** either. wilder is a BIG hitter.

Last time Fury got hurt was when he punched himself....