closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A major change has occured

Master
    Blog Entries

A major change has occured

I've not been here for some time being rather busy with life, home relocations and projects, but I'm now back to some 'me time'

I sold off my Panerai collection, i got bored with watches generally and happily wore my Suunto without a care or thought for posh mechanical stuff. However, i did succumb yesterday. I now live, when in the UK, very close to Watchfinder HQ and wandered in for a looksee. After a lot of humming and haa-ing i left wearing a Panerai of course but one I'd never really considered seriously before. A Mare Nostrum 716 SE. Its smaller that your average Panerai at 42mm but after so long without a 47mm it doesnt look small at all. Its quite chunky still and has features i don't need but as a watch i obviously like it. Will this restart the endless search for the latest 'must have' ? That would be a no! Been there as the saying goes.

Loading images here has become something of a challenge for me so until i get that sorted heres a link to some images and info.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/wa...me-sea-change/

Welcome back and good to see an old fellow Panerai nut still having the bug if diminished somewhat! Being at peace and just enjoying watches is a great place to be at.

Also I find Panerai a bit boring now, so you're not missing out on so much ;)

I guess we just grow wiser and react less to the hype. Good to see you back. Remember that 243 purchase fondly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    I guess we just grow wiser and react less to the hype. Good to see you back. Remember that 243 purchase fondly.

I recall our meeting very well ☺

Blog Entries
    Funny coincidence that I also decided to take a look at the forum today.... after quite some abstinence ;-)

And after "scanning" the Sales Corner, I actually think if it might be an idea to spend some thought on trading (or selling) my 14060 and get myself something different - after all I own it for almost 7 years now.

Like the PAM, btw!

Master
    A shameless plug, but you can see lots of pictures of my Mare Nostrum 716 in my sales post: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...6-Mare-Nostrum

simon

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    Funny coincidence that I also decided to take a look at the forum today.... after quite some abstinence ;-)

And after "scanning" the Sales Corner, I actually think if it might be an idea to spend some thought on trading (or selling) my 14060 and get myself something different - after all I own it for almost 7 years now.

Like the PAM, btw!
    Welcome back!
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Like the PAM, btw!
    Welcome back! I tend to be interested in watches way beyond my means lately.....however I do like to stay active ish on the forum - so one doesn't have to abstain in participation ;)

Welcome back, and congrats on your acquisition, would be lovely to see some snaps :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Like the PAM, btw!
    Nice to see you back pal!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Loading images here has become something of a challenge for me so until i get that sorted heres a link to some images and info.

www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/watches/panerais-mare-nostrum-welcome-sea-change/
    Very nice and a welcome return!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Hope I‘ll manage to be more active again, reading through some of the boards/posts made me realize why this was and is my favorite forums.

Hope I‘ll manage to be more active again, reading through some of the boards/posts made me realize why this was and is my favorite forums.
    Wow blast from the past. When I joined in 2007 you were a regular poster with Crusader Griff et al!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Wow blast from the past. When I joined in 2007 you were a regular poster with Crusader Griff et al!
    Oh yeah I was... good old times ;)

Welcome back Baz, always a friendly and helpful member, and resourceful knowledge of Panerai. Hope all is well.

Master
    Your break was about as long as mine. I stopped posting in 2012 and restarted at the start of this year

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    I'd forgotten about citizen Griff from the peoples Republic of Manchester. What happened to him?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Your break was about as long as mine. I stopped posting in 2012 and restarted at the start of this year

Yeah, somehow got bored back then and also had the feeling that the 14060 I acquired at that time was THE watch for me... still am very happy with it, but thought I'd check in again and see what has been happening over time. After browsing the SC a bit, a little bit of that certain itch has returned and now I'm not sure how long I'll be able resist ;-)

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread Baz!

Master
    Yeah, somehow got bored back then and also had the feeling that the 14060 I acquired at that time was THE watch for me... still am very happy with it, but thought I'd check in again and see what has been happening over time. After browsing the SC a bit, a little bit of that certain itch has returned and now I'm not sure how long I'll be able resist ;-)

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread Baz!
    With me it was, ironically enough, buying a Panerai. I was so disappointed with it having sold a Seiko Marinemaster to fund it. Probably didn't help that is was a Base PAM but it was still twice the price of my much loved SBDX001