closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot Seastar Seven

Craftsman

Tissot Seastar Seven

The Mrs has just inherited this watch from her dad.

It needs a bit of a spruce up / clean, but the main issue is the bracelet is too big.

Is there a simple way of resizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A smaller similar style Milanese mesh can be had for c. £10-15. Look on the bay. :-)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I`m assuming this is gold, with the bracelet soldered to the watch head. This was a common style in the 60s/early 70s, which hasn`t aged well in my opinion. I don`t know how these watches were originally adjusted, I`m interested to learn, I`m assuming cutting and soldering is involved?

These bracelets don't suit a small wrist, the bracelet ends up getting sprained adjacent to the lugs as it curves through too tight an angle, they're far better on a larger wrist for this reason. I`ve seen lots for sale with this problem.

Can the bracelet be unsoldered from the case and the watch fitted with a strap? That's a question for someone else to answer, I`ve wondered about this in the past when similar watches have caught my eye.

Some watches in this style had removable bracelets that fitted up to the case, if its one of these it's easy to discard and swap.

I guess these watches made more sense in the past when working jewellers/goldsmiths were easier to find.