closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a SS Sports Rolex at the moment

Master
    Also, thanks for the congrats. The watch really topped off a great weekend!

Thought not doing waiting lists as probably a good idea, to give everyone a fair crack.

In that current delivery (which hadn’t yet gone on display when I went in). They had a Hulk, Sub (mine), explorer 1 and an explorer 2 I think, so maybe ADs are starting to get a bit more of a generous supply.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    That escalated quickly...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    You did well there, currently visiting my parents and the local high street jeweller has got an unworn 114060 in the window for £7,250.

Congratulations!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    That escalated quickly...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    Nice one mate..looks lovely..

Ernie in Plymouth

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    Nice one mate..looks lovely..

Ernie in Plymouth
    agreed. simple and beautiful!

Craftsman
    Congratulation, looks great.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmason View Post
    If it’s the watch you want give it a go. I decided too earlier this year and my experience was
    1-Visit AD and be told not accepting names on waiting list
    2-Visit AD next day and talk to a different person saying visited yesterday and have decided which watch I’d like so I’ll go on the appropriate list- said I knew it would be 2 years
    3-Got phone call 8 days later saying watch was available as other people on list had dropped off

Bingo

Got myself a ss sub in 8 days from an AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From which ad?

I oersonally wouldnt accept this holding back the warranty card nonsense, many people will find they forget or the ad doesnt end up giving it them

Journeyman
    when I bought my Sub at the beginning of the year I was under the impression that, at least in London, it was impossible to get from any AD. Hence the 10% markup on rrp.
    Is it different now? What do you guys think?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch10 View Post
    when I bought my Sub at the beginning of the year I was under the impression that, at least in London, it was impossible to get from any AD. Hence the 10% markup on rrp.
    Is it different now? What do you guys think?
    The market for sports Rolex is still difficult.. unless you have a good relationship with an AD, or a bit of luck.

AD’s are in a position where they can pick and choose their customers for these watches, and they pretty much know whom to call to get an immediate sale. If that customer declines, they’ll just move onto the next.

Walking in unknown and asking to buy a Sub, won’t usually result in walking out with one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Other thing to add is, ADs get deliveries once a month and it can move by a few days. In that delivery they may only get 1 or 2 of a particular SS Professional model, maybe even 0.

So they have 1-2 to sell for the month. This means it will sell quick either on delivery day or right after, then they have 29 days of no stock and telling people the usual story. Therefore a lot of the stories of getting lucky are timing or being on the list and known to them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    The market for sports Rolex is still difficult.. unless you have a good relationship with an AD, or a bit of luck.

AD’s are in a position where they can pick and choose their customers for these watches, and they pretty much know whom to call to get an immediate sale. If that customer declines, they’ll just move onto the next.

Walking in unknown and asking to buy a Sub, won’t usually result in walking out with one.
    As I mentioned above, I walked in and asked about a no date sub and got one a few days later (this was in summer) and the ad called recently to see if I wanted a date sub (I didn’t - I thought rather than buy it and stiff another watch enthusiast with an undeserved tax I’d let the next person buy it at list)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Congrats - looks great... nice choice

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    As I mentioned above, I walked in and asked about a no date sub and got one a few days later (this was in summer) and the ad called recently to see if I wanted a date sub (I didn’t - I thought rather than buy it and stiff another watch enthusiast with an undeserved tax I’d let the next person buy it at list)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I just walked in an AD asking the same thing....and they laughed at me before I finished the question.

I recently got two Submariner dates for myself and my father in law (Nov & Dec) and for the first I had already bought a BLNR 3 years prior from that AD and went on a list which took one year exactly.

For the second I had no spend history but have been on a waitlist for an Aquanaut for 18 months with them and went on the list for the Sub 6 months ago. Maybe they recognised my name?

In both cases the warranty card was withheld for 6 and 12 months. One came stickered in the coffin, the other had all stickers removed and no coffin. My name and address was put on both warranty cards. Not sure why my address was needed but that was the policy both times.

Just like most things. Half of everything is luck. Glad to see you got your watch.