closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches with easily adjustable bracelets

Master

Watches with easily adjustable bracelets

Hi,
    My wrists and hands change size throughout the day, probably due to heat / cold, so much so that when very cold I am in danger of losing my wedding ring if i'm not vigilant and when warm it can get annoyingly tight. This is true for watch bracelets too, and I like a nice heavy bracelet on a watch, lets me know i'm wearing it if you know what I mean. I've tried rubber / silicone and while they alleviate the size issue to some degree I'm not 100% sold on the feel and aesthetic.

Obviously there is the Rolex glidelock clasp that would be perfect but any watch that sports this feature seems to require the purchase of a platinum Patek, your first born's soul and a 2 year wait in order secure at any reasonable sort of price. Also the only current Rolex I'd actually be interested in the the Explorer 2 which I believe does not come with this functionality.

Are there any other brands / watches that have a similar feature, preferably with a GMT model available. Google does not seem to be able to help with this particular search (or my google fu is weak) so maybe the collected wisdom here could...

Thanks in advance

I found the Seiko MM300s clasp to provide a good level of adjustment and I think can be fitted to a range of seiko’s - but they can be hit and miss in terms of comfort, it worked for me but not others.

I have also heard that the Tudor Pelagos has a very comfortable bracket and the new Omega seamaster has micro adjust if I recall correctly so maybe worth a look.

Master
    What about a pin buckle and waterproof leather strap?

Look much better than rubber IMO, or a bracelet with an easy link like a Rolex. There must be manufacturers that copy the design and sell them unbranded

Glashutte Original - their bracelets have a fantastic integrated micro adjustment in the buckle; the Sport Evo has a GMT model.

I think some IWCs may fit the bill regards micro-adjustment (not sure though!).
    ______

​Jim.

Journeyman
    The Explorer 2 has the Easy Link adjustment system, much neater than the larger Glide lock. I have to say VC’s new Overseas bracelets extension system is one of the more elegant solutions I’ve seen; expensive of course.

Loads of manufacturers are cottoning-on to the attraction of a ‘no tools’ micro-adjustable clasp.

The Rolex Glidelock is terrific, but bettered by the DSSD version, which can be adjusted without even removing the watch from wrist.

Tudor’s Pelagos has a sprung version which flexes with the wrist.

Christopher Ward have for many years had a similar ratcheting feature which you can extend in small increments at the push of a button, as do Monta, Unimatic etc.

The likes of Strapcode also sell bracelets with the functionality, and which can fitted as an aftermarket option to an existing watch.

On my ‘to-do’ list is separately purchasing the Omega adjustable clasp & links to provide my Speedmaster with greater flexibility.

Eddie's new PRS-25, the clasp for which works well for that.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Several omega have micro adjustable bracelets. The best I had from omega was the Ploprof.

Brietling also have some micro adjustable clasps and on heavy bracelets may fit the bill

The Omega PO adjustable clasp is excellent. I fitted one to my SMPc and I believe it can also be fitted to the Speedmaster.

Some Citizens have a sliding clasp but they are a bit cheap and cheerful.

I looked at the Strapcode ratcheting clasps but they were pretty huge.

Master
    IWC offered 3 metal bracelets with fine adjustment in 2016 so suspect they do similar now. Details then were as below:
    IWE05694 and IWE05693 for chronograph pilot watches IWE05691 for the non chrono pilots.

I know you want a GMT but Grand Seiko's 200m divers have a micro adjust that can be adjusted while wearing the watch. It is an excellent and secure system. I don't believe this clasp is used on anything other than their divers though.

Journeyman
    You should check out Tudor pelagos which has a spring-loaded clasp that doesn't require manual adjustment

Master
    wow, so many options, thank you. will be googling lots later on.

WRT the GS diver, the SBGE201 is a bit of a grail of mine the lack of toolless micro adjust ability is about the only thing that puts me off it will have to have a look at the diver thanks.

Master
    My Pelagos has been my 'go to' watch for ages, perfect for every occasion- Clasp was brilliant throughout the summer months, never had to adjust it once. Really hit home wearing my Planet Ocean, just could never get a comfortable fit especially so in the hot months, where as the Pelagos is so comfy with the spring adjusting clasp.

I have this modded Seiko

With this Strapcode bracelet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S5PLY8Y/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

It's excellent - in fact it's so much of a keeper that it has just gone off to a nice man in Norway to have something engraved on it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    If you're feeling like treating yourself, the new models of the Vacheron Constantin Overseas have an amazing trick where you can pull the bracelet links out about 1/3 link from the clasp, it's very clever. This feature doesn't get mentioned much but it really attracts me to the watch, as a smooth double butterfly type bracelet that somehow has micro-adjustment (not to mention quick changes to leather and rubber) is getting close to the holy grail of bracelets for me. Pity there's nothing in between the dainty unisex small model and the oversized mens' model. And then there's the price...

Image borrowed from here.

Blog Entries
    Check out the new Omega Seamaster. Tried one on the other day and it has an adjustable clasp on the bracelet. And at £3600 list it's not overpriced.

This Citizen Attesa has a 'trick' bracelet that can be altered to three positions on the wrist with a push of a button.

I wore it in Florida this month, with its huge temperatures and humidity, the ability to size the bracelet in an instant was a real boon.

Mitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Check out the new Omega Seamaster. Tried one on the other day and it has an adjustable clasp on the bracelet. And at £3600 list it's not overpriced.
    It is if you haven’t got £3,600 to spend on a watch.

You could pay £43 for the adjustable clasp from Omega and fit it to your existing SMPc.

Last edited by Motman; 20th November 2018 at 20:40.

Master
    Vacheron is a smidge over my budget unless I can get a superb deal on a house... and I can sneak it by the accounts department lol. Would love one though.

Zodiac seawolf has a spring loaded clasp that expands as needed.

Journeyman
    submariner with oysterclasp!

Craftsman
    https://youtu.be/-kYSIi3jGYc

Pelagos would be the perfect solution except for the GMT

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    It is if you haven’t got £3,600 to spend on a watch.

You could pay £43 for the adjustable clasp from Omega and fit it to your existing SMPc.

Sorry for semi-thread hijack but do Omega do an adjustable clasp for the older generation of SMPs? I have a 2535.80 which I scarcely wear, as I have the same issues as the OP, and it's only good for about 30% of the time.

Craftsman
    You use the same clasp but you have to buy a conversion link for either side to change the push fit links into screw fit ones. I don’t know the part numbers but it has been done - you can get the links from Omega. Adds about another £60 ish to the price though.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I have this modded Seiko

With this Strapcode bracelet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S5PLY8Y/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

It's excellent - in fact it's so much of a keeper that it has just gone off to a nice man in Norway to have something engraved on it.
    I know these Strapcodes have micro adjustment on the clasp but surely you still need a tool to perform the adjustments, which doesn’t make them that simple surely?