closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Great service at Goldsmiths

Owl1

Great service at Goldsmiths

Ordered a ss Rolex sub date 2 weeks ago at Goldsmiths ... they called me at 4:30 yesterday to inform me it was ready for collection , i'm picking up today.Unbelievably good service .

Craftsman
    Kinda just sounds like normal service in a sane world to me.

Banned
    Congratulations, had a similar experience this month, ask for a Sub on the Sunday, got phone call on the Tuesday to say watch would be here to collect on Friday.
    Perhaps holding back the warranty cards is working.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you can give Goldsmiths a good review on Trustpilot. It might improve their one star rating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Ordered a ss Rolex sub date 2 weeks ago at Goldsmiths ... they called me at 4:30 yesterday to inform me it was ready for collection , i'm picking up today.Unbelievably good service .
    When you ordered did they say it would be a two week lead time or the standard reply of within 12 months.

Master
    Goldsmiths, like any other Rolex shop, has no way of knowing what they will get in their deliveries. Rolex decides that, the stores just get on with selling it.

Master
    Ordered a ss Rolex sub date 2 weeks ago at Goldsmiths ... they called me at 4:30 yesterday to inform me it was ready for collection
    Good news!

I think it points to a disconnect between fact and fantasy re availability, as far as many models are concerned.

Some clown has a new Sub Date on e&ay for £8,950!

Congrats, what area of the country do you live in?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    LOL - me too (although I can't recall the last time I had to wait a whole 2 weeks for anything?!)

I guess the OPs expectations were low; and so easily surpassed!

Congrats!

Craftsman
    Very nice, seems like a very short wait, have you purchased from them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    What a topsy turvy world we now live it. When normal service is praised and unbelievably good.

Happy you bought a watch you wanted without too much waiting, but this really should be standard.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Very nice, seems like a very short wait, have you purchased from them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes i have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Congrats, what area of the country do you live in?
    Sheffield.

Journeyman
    I know that Goldsmiths are supposed to be infamous for being crap,
    BUT I have had two watches of them, a Speedmaster with £500 off!!! (didnt think they agreed to discounts) and a Blackbay GMT, on both occasions I was very happy with the service I received, I wonder if I have been lucky, so I must be one of the few that have no problems with them.
    I know of one other member here who had his Blackbay from the same shop as me (Nottingham) and I believe he was happy as well.

Scottie

Nice one Craig, hope you enjoy !

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Nice one Craig, hope you enjoy !

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I'm sure i will Wes.

Good on you Craig, I hope you enjoy your watch for many years to come.

This year I’ve had a SD43, a SS white Daytona, a SS Pepsi and a SS blue SkyDweller all from the same branch of Goldsmiths.

Obviously I have no complaints at all and firmly believe that they simply look after their loyal and local customers.

Other branches evidently differ but mine has been exemplary.
    Last edited by spuds; 21st November 2018 at 15:38. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    Good stuff - enjoy the watch!!!

Master
    Rolex must have shipped in hundreds as I put my name down on 13th October and told it would be at least 9 months but got call today saying one has arrived with my name on it.
    I will collect on Saturday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post

This year I’ve had a SD43, a SS white Daytona, a SS Pepsi and a SS blue SkyDweller all from the same branch of Goldsmiths.

Obviously I have no complaints at all and firmly believe that they simply look after their loyal and local customers.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post

Couldn’t agree more...

This year I’ve had 2 x batman, 1 x white dial skydweller and a rootbeer chnr.

Goldsmiths Canterbury have been good with me on the couple of times I have purchased from them. They're certainly not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    Goldsmiths Canterbury have been good with me on the couple of times I have purchased from them. They're certainly not all bad.
    I’ll second this. I‘ve purchased from Goldsmiths in Canterbury on several occasions and always been pleased with the service. I pop in now and again just to browse and they’ve always been friendly and happy just to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Congratulations, had a similar experience this month, ask for a Sub on the Sunday, got phone call on the Tuesday to say watch would be here to collect on Friday.
    I don't think holding back the warranty card helps much, profiteers gonna profit.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Make sure if they resize the bracelet for you they remember to put the extra links in the box. When I bought a GMT2C from them they 'forgot'.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Just bought a pre owned GMT Master II from Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre.

It was a pleasant transaction and the watch looked in great condition to my eyes.

I think they are a decent address to buy pre owned Rolex as they give a 2 year warranty. Price was firm at RRP which seems an okay-ish deal.

Based on my experience I would buy pre owned from them again in 20 years time when I have recovered from this purchase financially

You are to be congratulated! Not least of all, for avoiding the phrase: “got the call”.

Master
    That GMT is a beauty, enjoy!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    You are to be congratulated! Not least of all, for avoiding the phrase: “got the call”.
    Amused... i think i'm seeing some UKGser sarcasm

Craftsman
    A Goldsmiths close to me can’t see to get me out the door quick enough, even after I brought a BLNR from them 3 years ago!

- - - Updated - - -

A Goldsmiths close to me can’t see to get me out the door quick enough, even after I brought a BLNR from them 3 years ago!

Interesting to see one/two Goldsmiths work so well. Fair play to them!

Journeyman
    Congratulations on your new watch. It would be nice to think that the long waiting lists for some sports watches might be a thing of the past and maybe (just maybe) cool off the secondhand market.
    The only experience I have had of Goldsmiths was in Oxford last summer. I popped in there with my wife to have a browse and my wife tried on a couple of OPs and a DJ. The experience was very good. I am hoping to be in the market for a Moonwatch in the new year, and based on my experience, I'd be happy to give them my custom. Knowing that there's a chance of a decent discount helps :-)

Cheers

Mark

Craftsman
    I have purchased two watches from Goldsmiths. Got great service I thought and very polite.
    Been in quite a few times trying on a few Rolex (just not the models i would like!) and same again great service.
    But like a few say this should be the norm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
    I’ll second this. I‘ve purchased from Goldsmiths in Canterbury on several occasions and always been pleased with the service. I pop in now and again just to browse and they’ve always been friendly and happy just to chat.
    I went in there looking for a watch for my wife & they gave me a beer at 1030 in the morning - great place.

Master
    Voucher Codes is offering 15% off full price items in-store at Goldsmiths with this code, valid to 20th Jan: https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/golds....uk?oi=5647131

(Note that Rolex Watches, IWC Watches, Cartier Watches, Tudor Watches, Bremont Watches, Hublot Watches, Breitling watches, Omega Watches, TAG Heuer Watches, Gucci Watches and Jewellery, Zenith Watches and pre-owned watches are excluded)

and 15% off full price online purchases (a more select product range): https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/golds....uk?oi=5647101

Ant

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    Just bought a pre owned GMT Master II from Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre.

It was a pleasant transaction and the watch looked in great condition to my eyes.

I think they are a decent address to buy pre owned Rolex as they give a 2 year warranty. Price was firm at RRP which seems an okay-ish deal.

Based on my experience I would buy pre owned from them again in 20 years time when I have recovered from this purchase financially

You could have got a brand new one within a couple of weeks wait from there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Whole waiting list is a con. I put my name down for a GMT 2 and was told 6-12 months. Then got a call withing 48 hours and been called 4 times in 6 months.

Unless it's a real sought after model it's a month wait up north.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    You could have got a brand new one within a couple of weeks wait from there.
    Maybe things have changed. When I enquired about this model in the same branch a few months ago they didn’t even have a waiting list.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    Maybe things have changed. When I enquired about this model in the same branch a few months ago they didn’t even have a waiting list.
    They wouldn’t even add me on the list in that store for a BLNR in mid 2017 before the SS craze.

Master
    There isn't a list, they just write your name down on a card and say they will ring you when one comes available.

Your waiting literally a week for anything below a sub.