closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: International Men's Day

International Men's Day

For your information:

And about time, too.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    And funnily enough, I think we are the only gender that can still be discriminated against because of our "male privilege"!

I've noticed the one about sentences for men when men and women are convicted of the same crime.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    And funnily enough, I think we are the only gender that can still be discriminated against because of our "male privilege"!
    That is called´positive discrimination´. Female logic ofcourse.

Without wanting to piss on anyone's fireworks, are there any figures to support these %ages?

I see it's INTERNATIONAL Men's Day, so are these figures worldwide or just from somewhere (UK? USA?) and extrapolated internationally?

A bit selective too... 78% of violent crime is committed by men (Office Of National Statistics)

I don't think anyone needs a 'day' - I think they're all just a fad - Everyone can forget it tomorrow...

Injustice is injustice and needs calling out wherever and whenever it happens.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 19th November 2018 at 17:30.

I know they are evil times we live in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Without wanting to piss on anyone's fireworks, are there any figures to support these %ages?

I see it's INTERNATIONAL Men's Day, so are these figures worldwide or just from somewhere (UK? USA?) and extrapolated internationally?

A bit selective too... 78% of violent crime is committed by men (Office Of National Statistics)

I don't think anyone needs a 'day' - I think they're all just a fad - Everyone can forget it tomorrow...

M

These are some UK statistics:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...ics-need-know/

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M

I agree it was the fact that the women were harping on about women's day earlier this year and some of the mum's were getting into it, but men's day is overlooked with no hoo ha. Also there seems to be a serious humour failure when joking around on women's day, but when men's day is mentioned all sorts of "humorous" comments etc come about. I even said that there shouldn't be days celebrating specific genders, but of course fell on deaf ears.

Suicide, mental illness and inequality in sentencing are all matters that need addressing, but these 'days' are so common and trivalised by social media frames, wristbands and hashtags, that they are a waste of time.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Is there a transgender and gender fluid day? Asking for a friend.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

That is rather short notice, sadly. We really do need a bit more time to prepare for all the tee shirts, marches, balloon clouds, mass supergluing of ourselves to railings and the like. Perhaps put it in the diary for next year ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Is there a transgender and gender fluid day? Asking for a friend.
    Take your pick, or rather your firend can choose which one they most identify with, or do a mash up and celebrate a different one each year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...awareness_days

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    That is rather short notice, sadly. We really do need a bit more time to prepare for all the tee shirts, marches, balloon clouds, mass supergluing of ourselves to railings and the like. Perhaps put it in the diary for next year ??
    Damn - missed it.

I could done with a "Me" day as well.......!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Man who always asks ‘What about International Men’s Day?’ somehow forgets it’s today

A man has completely forgotten that today is International Men’s Day, despite being absolutely desperate to celebrate it on International Women’s Day.
    Simon Williams, a 38-year-old man with a masculinity so fragile that he keeps it in a biscuit tin, appeared desperate for men to have their own day when he learned that women have their own day every March.
    “Women get everything. That’s a fact. When is International Men’s Day?” bleated Williams.
    “What? … Oh… really? Today?… Are you sure that’s the case? ….Right…well…
    “I mean someone could have told me so that I could make preparations for the big day. You can’t expect me to just know that. You know damn well I only care about men’s rights as an opportunity to shut down conversations about women’s rights. Stop spoiling the thing I enjoy! That’s misandry, right there! On International MEN’S Day, of all days!”
    Simon’s wife said, “Yes, I actually exist. It’s a surprise to me, too.
    “I had got Simon some beer and a card that says ‘Congratulations on still being ahead in terms of almost absolutely everything’, but he’s spent all day on Facebook telling women that their stories of sexual harassment are ‘probably just cries for attention’, so I’ve not had a chance to give them to him.
    “…can you help me get out of here? If you distract him with a photo of Germaine Greer, that should make him angry enough that he won’t notice me sprinting out the door and jumping in the first cab I see.”

And there was me thinking we had 364 international men's days.

However if this draws attention to the justices brought about as a result of divorces/separation and child custody then it will have purpose.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    For your information:

Toxic masculinity hurts everyone. Feminism is for everyone. Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Man who always asks ‘What about International Men’s Day?’ somehow forgets it’s today

A man has completely forgotten that today is International Men’s Day, despite being absolutely desperate to celebrate it on International Women’s Day.
    Simon Williams, a 38-year-old man with a masculinity so fragile that he keeps it in a biscuit tin, appeared desperate for men to have their own day when he learned that women have their own day every March.
    “Women get everything. That’s a fact. When is International Men’s Day?” bleated Williams.
    “What? … Oh… really? Today?… Are you sure that’s the case? ….Right…well…
    “I mean someone could have told me so that I could make preparations for the big day. You can’t expect me to just know that. You know damn well I only care about men’s rights as an opportunity to shut down conversations about women’s rights. Stop spoiling the thing I enjoy! That’s misandry, right there! On International MEN’S Day, of all days!”
    Simon’s wife said, “Yes, I actually exist. It’s a surprise to me, too.
    “I had got Simon some beer and a card that says ‘Congratulations on still being ahead in terms of almost absolutely everything’, but he’s spent all day on Facebook telling women that their stories of sexual harassment are ‘probably just cries for attention’, so I’ve not had a chance to give them to him.
    “…can you help me get out of here? If you distract him with a photo of Germaine Greer, that should make him angry enough that he won’t notice me sprinting out the door and jumping in the first cab I see.”
    https://youtu.be/XEtNEUnJm7Q

Craftsman
    A remarkable thread for all the wrong reasons,

It’s international Men’s day every day.

Really? I thought that was feminist clap trap?