closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photographic Equipment Insurance

Photographic Equipment Insurance

Anyone have their camera etc on separate insurance policy.
    Who are cheapest insurers? Amateur only use.

I have theft and accidental damage on my house insurance

FWIW I use PhotoGuard.

No idea if they're the cheapest (probably not) but they have provided a comprehensive service to me and other photographers I know and I've been impressed with how they dealt with claims from several colleagues.

WRT home policy cover, I'd recommend checking the T&C's to see if the cover provided is what you want/expect.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Insure it like a pro bro.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    FWIW I use PhotoGuard.

No idea if they're the cheapest (probably not) but they have provided a comprehensive service to me and other photographers I know and I've been impressed with how they dealt with claims from several colleagues.

WRT home policy cover, I'd recommend checking the T&C's to see if the cover provided is what you want/expect.

R
    Thanks, I'll have a look at them though I don't need a lot of benefits that are often included that a professional might find essential (hire of equipment, public liability etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I have theft and accidental damage on my house insurance
    I do seem to have amassed quite a lot of gear and cover on house insurance is nowhere near enough unfortunately (esp. away from home).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thanks, I'll have a look at them though I don't need a lot of benefits that are often included that a professional might find essential (hire of equipment, public liability etc.).

I do seem to have amassed quite a lot of gear and cover on house insurance is nowhere near enough unfortunately (esp. away from home).
    Check out Hiscox and NFU all risks, my EOS 1D and L series lenses don’t even need to be specified, applies to most watches as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

If you are an amateur usually the cheapest option is to add the gear to your home policy. Can I suggest you call your insurer and ask for a quote on the value of your gear you want to cover, including away from the home on an all risks basis

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

it costs me £650 to insure my gear plus E&PL/legal/Data recovery etc which is cheap considering the value of the equipment but for an amateur your household insurance should cover you well enough apart from theft from a vehicle.
    even paying for a comprehensive policy i have restrictions with no gear left overnight and higher excess during daytime working hours if left in a vehicle.
    you have to be an idiot to leave cameras unattended though.