closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Boutique Knightsbridge

Seiko Boutique Knightsbridge

I knew I was going to be in the area, so I popped in here on Saturday to get them to put an extra link in the bracelet for my SBGM001 (I couldn't get one of the screws out). Very nice shop, lots of Grand Seikos to look at, including a crazy £45k 8 day manual-wind thing in platinum. The guys in the shop couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant, and refused any money for the work, even though my watch didn't come from them.

I've only worn it on a calf strap up til now, and it looks a million dollars on the bracelet.

Then I went to Chopard off New Bond Street on my way back home to see about a new strap for my Chrono One and they were no help at all. Said I had to bring the watch in to even see what they might be able to order for me. Couldn't even give me a suggestion of what they had that might fit.

I'll guess just order something bespoke from Camille Fournet or ABP.

Journeyman
    I too popped in on Saturday and have to agree that the service was first class.

I was able to try on the SBGN001 and whilst I made it clear that I wanted to wait for the blue face to be released in Feb 2019, the staff were still happy to chat and let me try on a few pieces.

Surely this is how it should always be!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz33 View Post
    I too popped in on Saturday and have to agree that the service was first class.

I was able to try on the SBGN001 and whilst I made it clear that I wanted to wait for the blue face to be released in Feb 2019, the staff were still happy to chat and let me try on a few pieces.

Surely this is how it should always be!
    Yeah. Its called being nice. Probably the best thing to do to win new customers. Seems to be dying out these days.

I visited because I wanted to see a Snowflake. They were out of stock but had the JDM Snowflake with the gold hands. Were quite happy to let me try that and others on. Very helpful.

Craftsman

Seiko Boutique Knightsbridge

I was in there on Monday and was very impressed. Spent about half an hour chatting about all sorts is things.

They were probably the friendliest and most knowledgeable people that I talked to all day. It wasn’t just their own watches, but knew about other brands and how they compared. Most of the places that I went in on Monday couldn’t even tell me basic information about the watches that were in front of them.

I also tried to snowflake on and fell for it instantly. It’s just a shame that I couldn’t persuade the wife to accompany me back to the shop later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve been in there several times this year and have found them absolutely excellent.
    I had in mind what I thought I wanted (Snowflake - it’s too big for me), but allowing me time to discuss things and try on all sorts I have ended up buying three watches there this year. I have found it an excellent experience there and vastly better than most other places.
    It was my first experience of Grand Seiko and it will not be my last.

Been meaning to visit this place, just not been over to that side of town for a while.

Need to have my Arnie serviced, so an excuse near Christmas to pay a visit. Have heard very good things mind you.

I have been in several times and the staff are very nice, enthusiastic about the watches and have always been willing to spend quite a lot of time adjusting bracelets to my satisfaction as well as let me try as many watches on as I like. I don't really have experience of other brand boutiques to compare to, but certainly they are better than ADs I have been in.

Another excellent experience, this afternoon in fact.

I went in to see the two LE GMTs, which I expected to like, greatly, and walk out with one. I didn't.

I spent a good and very amiable half hour talking about GS and Seiko, and other brands, and I too was impressed by the knowledge and genuine enthusiasm. So very different from my general experience of other shops and ADs. It felt like a conversation with a WIS rather than a sales assistant.

Cost me though! :)

Master
    Had a nice experience in there too, lady even asked for my 1967 62MAS off my wrist for a closer look!

Bit different than the Rolex AD experience where you can expect to be laughed at and patronised.

Totally agree. Cracking place to survey the Seiko range. They made my purchase of my grey LE Turtle an extremely enjoyable one.

Nothing but a terrible experience in my book, firstly they lost the watch I purchased while in transit. Then proceeded to ignore all my follow up emails and calls. Finally got the watch no box, now I’ve the box and watch, no warranty card - still no reply from anyone at the store

It’s put me off the whole brand to be honest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Nothing but a terrible experience in my book, firstly they lost the watch I purchased while in transit. Then proceeded to ignore all my follow up emails and calls. Finally got the watch no box, now I’ve the box and watch, no warranty card - still no reply from anyone at the store

To be fair, from reading this, the guys in the shop seem to be top notch, however I wouldn't recommended buying on line.. I bought the recent dawn greys on line, but they never arrived.. lost in transit apparently.. after many calls to the head office got a refund.. very disappointing.. still a seiko fan, but wouldn't buy from the boutique again on-line..

Master

How did the boutique lose the Watch in transit, wouldn’t that be the courier company?

Ignoring the calls I can understand being annoyed at but I guess they don’t answer the phone at all, or do they have caller ID to ignore you hehe.

Bit dramatic being put off the brand though!

I don’t think I’ve bought a Seiko from a bricks n mortar store for maybe 12 years and I own loads of them, I can’t imagine being put off Seiko because of a single store f’up.

Craftsman
    I had a similar issue with my Samurai Dawn Grey not arriving. A nice lady phoned me and let me know there had been a delivery mistake affecting a lot of people. She then said they would get a watch out to me and they would send on the box and guarantee. I was fine with that she was was really relieved - she said a lot of customers had been really angry and she had been dealing with it all day. She offered me an extra years warranty too.

I got the watch last week and it is lovely. I got an email today confirming the box has been sent out and to use the email as evidence for my 3 year warranty if I ever need it.

Mistakes happen, but I can only say that Seiko/boutique dealt with it really well. I'm going to pop in there tomorrow to say hello and check out the wares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    To be fair, from reading this, the guys in the shop seem to be top notch, however I wouldn't recommended buying on line.. I bought the recent dawn greys on line, but they never arrived.. lost in transit apparently.. after many calls to the head office got a refund.. very disappointing.. still a seiko fan, but wouldn't buy from the boutique again on-line..

I suspect that was my mistake, seems to be a common trend with online purchases from them, maybe when visiting in person the experience is different.

Master
    I suspect that was my mistake, seems to be a common trend with online purchases from them, maybe when visiting in person the experience is different.
    I’d be looking into their delivery partner if it’s a common issue. Probably a delivery driver with some good eBay listings in that area!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought mine over the phone and collected it just over a week later (Melina did offer to post the watch) Also took the opportunity to browse other watches - Melina is very helpful and customer focused

Hi does anyone have a good contact to email at the London Boutique? I’d like to enquiry about something before I visit. Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Incoming by PM