closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Box is now full

Journeyman

Box is now full

My 1996 SMP has been in my wife’s jewellery box for a year or so now......I hadn’t been wearing it much, preferring the Sub and others over it.
    I purchased a decent (almost indestructible) Tsunami case and made 10 slots, thinking I’d fill the last one with a blue dial Chrono ( JLC Polaris, GP Laureato or Speedy 57 were options). I saw the SMP on the dresser where my wife had left it, with some garish flowery NATO strap. It suddenly dawned on me that it is MY watch and I can’t actually leave it out of the box.....interestingly, I do not have a blue dial Watch in there (Z Blue is partly there in colour) so have just ordered a navy leather strap and Omega style deployant from WatchObsession and a rubber BCint strap from WatchGecko.
    These straps are way better value than a new Chrono, a complication I would never really use....and will reaffirm my love for this piece of Bond history that I bought back in July 1996, the day after I got my finals results at University. Something the kids may want to keep once I meet my maker.
    My buying days are now OVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DrDunc; 18th November 2018 at 07:55.

Craftsman
    What happened to the pic of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I'm rather technophobic and appear to have removed one photo when I was adding a pic of the SMP........
    Tapatalk is a pain...just like Facebook!!!!
    Was not obviously deleted on my phone TZUK App hence I hadn't noticed.
    Back on now.

Craftsman
    Great, it’s back again. Though you can’t stop now, you’ve only half the Rolex family!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    A great mix of rolexes.

You just need a bigger box! :-)

Journeyman
    I could quite easily have squeezed another 5 slots in as it’s simple plucking foam....but, in all honesty, there is nothing I really want....yes, the crown features heavily, but the Daytona and Pepsi GMT (and BLNR) are not to my liking. One has to exercise restraint in this game....some of us are magpies and just love shiny new things. I have tried to obtain what I truly like and I wear all of them in a random rotation.
    Anyway, a bigger box will not fit in the safe and I have no intention of buying a bigger safe .

Master
    Dr Dunc

I have 5 Rolex plus 3 others and to be honest that it is more than enough for most people, myself included.

Sometimes you just got to sit back, relax and enjoy what you got.

Journeyman

Box is now full

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Dr Dunc

I have 5 Rolex plus 3 others and to be honest that it is more than enough for most people, myself included.

Sometimes you just got to sit back, relax and enjoy what you got.
    Agree totally.
    For the vast majority of people, 1 watch is enough.
    I happily sit and enjoy them. The hardest decision is which one to wear on any given day.

Master
    Start the process of slowly reducing the numbers; two or three good watches is a better number. They get properly worn and you are forced to decide what you really want.
    Less is more......

Journeyman
    Contemplated reduction to three or four pieces earlier this year....but a cull would be difficult.
    Sub would need to stay as bought new in 2004 when my daughter born.....and SMP for reasons above.
    The others hold no sentimental value.
    Wondered re selling rest Rolex and getting PM version (Skydweller or WG Pepsi) and thus living with those three only. Everything is possible. I'm not a dress watch fan and the Steinhart, biggish as it is, can easily fit into that bracket (just). BUT, I love them all and will wear them all. I tend to change watches every day so each will be worn at least weekly.....some people lock them in a safe for months on end which is a waste quite frankly.

Craftsman
    tough decisions to make !!!
    I would keep them all too !

It's time to buy a new box then :)

Craftsman
    The plan was only to have one watch but this hobby gets out of control!

Master
    That is a great watch box! Nice to see the Milgauss in there, underrated in my opinion.