closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Purchase history with the branch or chain?

Purchase history with the branch or chain?

Hi,

Would like to know generally, how the "customer purchase history" works with jewellers in the UK. Say I bought a Tudor from Goldsmiths from my home town - I get that I would be on their database as a previous customer, but does that mean that this counts in all their other stores as well? Goldsmith's Milton Keynes don't do Rolex but do sell Tudor, but Watford branch are the opposite. I'm on the list to buy a Tudor GMT from Milton Keynes - would Watford recognise my business with them as a company or are they completely separate? If they do recognise it, does buying a non-Rolex count towards a "purchase history" for a Rolex?

Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not again.

Can't you find another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by kuchars22 View Post
    ... does buying a non-Rolex count towards a "purchase history" for a Rolex?
    A) yes, in a parallel galaxy
    B) no, not in this one
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Not again.

Can't you find another hobby.
    Clip-clop! Clip-clop! Clip-clop! N-n-n-eigh!

Craftsman
    Hi,

Would like to know generally, how the "customer purchase history" works with jewellers in the UK. Say I bought a Tudor from Goldsmiths from my home town - I get that I would be on their database as a previous customer, but does that mean that this counts in all their other stores as well? Goldsmith's Milton Keynes don't do Rolex but do sell Tudor, but Watford branch are the opposite. I'm on the list to buy a Tudor GMT from Milton Keynes - would Watford recognise my business with them as a company or are they completely separate? If they do recognise it, does buying a non-Rolex count towards a "purchase history" for a Rolex?

Thanks
    I doubt they'll give a crap either way mate, especially not for a Roley as a Tudor customer (regardless of them being under the same corporate umbrella, may as well be in different universes). They may even charge you more if they think they can drag more money out of you, especially somewhere like Goldsmiths.

My advice would be to wait for the Tudor GMT hype to cool next year (which it will) and buy one pre-owned or from a re-seller when he's trying to dump his stock.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 17th November 2018 at 18:16.

Goldsmiths are just a horrible retail chain, you think they care about building relationships?

Hi,

Thanks
    Don't listen to these people.

The trick is about building a relationship with the manager. Find out where he lives, what pub he goes to and then buy a house near him. Over time build that relationship - when his house mysteriously catches fire - give him a sofa to sleep on.

When he needs to get it off his chest about how he's struggling to hit his target for selling Michael Kors watches, nod and give him a shoulder rub.

Before you know it, you will be on 'Ze List' (this is what Goldsmiths call their secret list of important customers).

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Goldsmiths are just a horrible retail chain, you think they care about building relationships?
    In my experience, I’ve found the complete opposite. I have an excellent relationship with goldsmiths which equates to many desirable Rolex models.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Don't listen to these people.

The trick is about building a relationship with the manager. Find out where he lives, what pub he goes to and then buy a house near him. Over time build that relationship - when his house mysteriously catches fire - give him a sofa to sleep on.

When he needs to get it off his chest about how he's struggling to hit his target for selling Michael Kors watches, nod and give him a shoulder rub.

Before you know it, you will be on 'Ze List' (this is what Goldsmiths call their secret list of important customers).
    Hah! Great, love the response

Hi,

Thanks
    01923 227299

Give them a ring tomorrow and find out. How the feck are we supposed to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    01923 227299

Give them a ring tomorrow and find out. How the feck are we supposed to know?
    I gave Goldsmiths as an example. But I asked "generally". If you don't know, don't answer.

I've been licking windows and sniffing door knobs in a couple of local ADs, do you think it counts towards special relationship?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I've been licking windows and sniffing door knobs in a couple of local ADs, do you think it counts towards special relationship?
    Hah! You are very funny! Just shared this with someone that reminds me of what you said.

No, but then again I don't understand how said activities relate directly to buying watches. You seem to be confused with "retail fittings" and "retail stock". Pretty poor analogy you have there.

You're a young lad, why are you trolling watch nerds on a Friday night instead of trying to get your hole?

I'm thinking about buying a Timefactors watch, should I go for the soon to be released Daytona homage or the Smiths Black Shadow?

Rolex threads tend to get a bit 'shot at' in this neck of the woods.

Hope you find the answer you are looking for...

Love to lick those door knobs, but most Goldsmiths have metal shutters these days.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    In my experience, I’ve found the complete opposite. I have an excellent relationship with goldsmiths which equates to many desirable Rolex models.
    +1

I gave Goldsmiths as an example. But I asked "generally". If you don't know, don't answer.

Is there a particular model you’re after?
    That’ll determine how strong the relationship needs to be.

Take in 2 boxes of Crispy Creme doughnuts for the manager and staff every day for 5 years. That should do it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    So much hate ...

Maybe good practice for when you first walk out of Goldsmiths with that Rolex on your wrist...

I’m sure that being recognised as a “high value” customer would require several large purchases over a short period of time. Being on a waiting list in another town won’t cut it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Genius :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Is there a particular model you’re after?
    That’ll determine how strong the relationship needs to be.
    Hulk or Batman, or CHNR. I actually have a 2014 Batman bought preowned over MSRP, so if on the rare chance that I was offered one new then I'll take that no sweat and sell the 2014.

I am aware of the challenges in getting these pieces, I am just curious how the different branches of the same chain work together when compiling customer purchase history list prior to getting onto a waiting list; either independently or as a company, and if wanting a Rolex, is the purchase list strictly for historical purchases of Rolex, or does it count for Tudor as a sister company, or doesn't matter what brand? Is it different to what you guys have experienced?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    You're a young lad, why are you trolling watch nerds on a Friday night instead of trying to get your hole?
    Bang on!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Bang on!
    Second that!