closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Advice on rolex gmt master 11 116710LN 2011 please

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138

    Advice on rolex gmt master 11 116710LN 2011 please

    Hi I hAve seen this watch on chrono 24. Asking price £5550.00. It has box and papers and is described as little to no signs of wear.
    It is from a shop called finding time. Is there anything else I need to be asking before pressing the buy it now button. I have no real
    Knowledge of Rolex watches and have never owned one. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Paul Staines.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Durham, tyne and wear
    Posts
    1,380
    Blog Entries
    7
    Has it got a full bracelet? Any service history?

    Owned 2-3 116710's and they've always been my favourite Rolex.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,536
    I don't believe that style box was supplied in 2011, in fact not until a few years later.

    It takes only a chipped / scratched glass, marked bezel triangle or other similarly expensive-to-fix element to make one of these worth significantly less than what we might consider a normal price. It is difficult to say more from the photos.

    If it is Finding Time Ltd, company number 11223268, then that was incorporated only in February of this year. Is there a physical shop, or is it only an online business? There is a single director, an Oliver Richardson.

    H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 16th November 2018 at 13:04.

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I don't believe that style box was supplied in 2011, in fact not until a few years later.

    It takes only a chipped / scratched glass, marked bezel triangle or other similarly expensive-to-fix element to make one of these worth significantly less than what we might consider a normal price. It is difficult to say more from the photos.

    If it is Finding Time Ltd, company number 11223268, then that was incorporated only in February of this year. Is there a physical shop, or is it only an online business? There is a single director, an Oliver Richardson.

    H
    Many thanks. The box detail I would never have known. I have seen boxes on ebay if I can identify the correct box. The price does seem very fair.
    From enlarging the pictures it does seem to be in very good order. Think I may investigate further
    Cheers Paul Staines

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Durham, tyne and wear
    Posts
    1,380
    Blog Entries
    7
    Looks like the pcl's have had a polish as they are an absolute scratch magnet.

    Looks like the watch is now reserved.

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Looks like one of these watches sold on here recently for exactly the same price !. Full set box and papers one owner.
    Missed out this time. Will keep my eyes peeled.
    Regards Paul

  7. #7
    Craftsman WhopperSenior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    356
    Thatís the one I bought. Lovely watch and hasnít left my wrist since.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    Thatís the one I bought. Lovely watch and hasnít left my wrist since.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. That's the one I want .

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Durham, tyne and wear
    Posts
    1,380
    Blog Entries
    7
    I was told by my local AD that the wait isn't very long for that model when I picked up my Ultraman.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    Thatís the one I bought. Lovely watch and hasnít left my wrist since.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No idea why these weren't as popular as the BLNR-look great and a gettable alternative to a Sub too.
    Obviously PCLs are off-putting for some.
    Enjoy the watch

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,167
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    No idea why these weren't as popular as the BLNR-look great and a gettable alternative to a Sub too.
    Obviously PCLs are off-putting for some.
    Enjoy the watch
    At that money I would be on the hunt for new one, they are not that hard to get hold of as pro models go.

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    437

    Advice on rolex gmt master 11 116710LN 2011 please

    They sell for 6.6k new. They are not hard to find new nowadays but if they are priced reasonably (like the one I sold to WhopperSenior) and in top condition, then get it pre-owned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fishman; 17th November 2018 at 12:38.

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    They sell for 6.6k new. They are not hard to find new nowadays but if they are priced reasonably (like the one I sold to WhopperSenior) and in top condition, then get it pre-owned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would certainly bought yours at that price if I had seen it. I have noticed that for £7150. 00 there is a new model available with jubilee bracelet and a new movement
    No 3285 with a 70 hour power reserve. I am thinking seriously about purchasing new. Never bought a new watch before !
    Regards Paul

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    At that money I would be on the hunt for new one, they are not that hard to get hold of as pro models go.
    Think you may be right. New model also available Pepsi with 70 hour power reserve from new 3285 movement and jubilee bracelet.
    Regards Paul

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    677
    Where are you seeing with the new movement and jubilee??

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
    Think you may be right. New model also available Pepsi with 70 hour power reserve from new 3285 movement and jubilee bracelet.
    Regards Paul
    The pepsi with jubilee bracelet however is not easy to get from an AD. Many AD's have closed their waiting lists. Youre looking at £15k+ on the grey market for one.

  17. #17
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    The pepsi with jubilee bracelet however is not easy to get from an AD. Many AD's have closed their waiting lists. Youre looking at £15k+ on the grey market for one.
    So I have just found out. Stupidly thought I would ring the local dealer, transfer the money an collect. I was even prepared for a long waiting list.
    They advised me that they had an allocation of 10 a year and the list was closed at 200. I will probably be dead by then.
    This really is a learning experience.
    Regards Paul

  18. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bradford england
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Where are you seeing with the new movement and jubilee??

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Googled gmt master 11 2018 with 3285 movement

  19. #19
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
    So I have just found out. Stupidly thought I would ring the local dealer, transfer the money an collect. I was even prepared for a long waiting list.
    They advised me that they had an allocation of 10 a year and the list was closed at 200. I will probably be dead by then.
    This really is a learning experience.
    Regards Paul
    What about a 16710? They are not vintage nor are they comparable to the BLRO but so wearable. I canít stop thinking about it. I might get one soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    What about a 16710? They are not vintage nor are they comparable to the BLRO but so wearable. I canít stop thinking about it. I might get one
    I absolutely love my 16710 - have stopped posting in the Friday thread as itís all I ever seem to wear now!

    That said, prices are a bit silly. Watchfinder even have one at nearly £14k?!

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    I absolutely love my 16710 - have stopped posting in the Friday thread as itís all I ever seem to wear now!

    That said, prices are a bit silly. Watchfinder even have one at nearly £14k?!
    I know! Have to sell a kidney to get one these days


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information