closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Prince Date+Day Day Wheel

Craftsman

Tudor Prince Date+Day Day Wheel

Hi all! This is my first new thread, had a look and couldn't find anything specific.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how many different languages the Prince Date+Day Day wheel was produced in?

Off the back of that, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a PDD and a couple of the options have foreign day wheels. I have Greek Cypriot heritage so would love a Greek day wheel although I've never seen one and assume these weren't produced? Failing that, I can pick one up in Spanish or Italian easily enough but can't find anywhere online that will tell me how easy/costly it would be to swap out the Day wheel for an English one. Anyone with any experience of this who can advise, I'd be very grateful!

Here's an example:

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psadu3fifp.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

I have some experience of this, as I bought a D+D with a German date wheel online, as I liked the rare-ish colour dial. The day wheel is a generic enough ETA part, but you have to be careful what diameter it is, so that the text is centred in the day cut-out. I think the measurement was 28.4mm.

In the end I asked Brendan (webwatchmaker) to source one as part of a service. The part itself is cheap, the cost to fit depends on your watchmaker.

I have not seen a Greek day disc before, but I am sure there are custom items out there. I think the Arabic ones are aftermarket.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    I'm pretty sure that my dial restorer could print a Greek disc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks a lot carryondentist! That is really very helpful. I think on reflection I'd rather get a genuine English Day wheel.

Webwatchmaker - I will get in touch once I've picked up the watch, I have a shortlist just now so need to pull the trigger on one! Thanks for replying.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Thanks a lot carryondentist! That is really very helpful. I think on reflection I'd rather get a genuine English Day wheel.

Webwatchmaker - I will get in touch once I've picked up the watch, I have a shortlist just now so need to pull the trigger on one! Thanks for replying.
    Always glad to help.

Banned
    I'm looking for a broken Reverso if anyone has one.