closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese Rolex better than Swiss Rolex

Yes, please! A brand new, factory-fresh Rolex that’s been opened-up again to potential dust, dirt ingress etc. & poked about with by a Third Party (almost certainly invalidating the 5-year Rolex Warranty, if provable), in order to fix the frankly rubbish 99.9977% accuracy already guaranteed by Rolex, and with the extra fuzziness of paying 10% extra over new RRP. Sign me up.

Did you friend tell you anything about Japanese soiled knickers vending machines apparently coming soon to Switzerland as a part of the deal?
    Last edited by VDG; 16th November 2018 at 13:15.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Did you friend tell you anything about Japanese soiled knickers wending machines apparently coming soon to Switzerland as a part of the deal?
    Wending their way to Switzerland no doubt

I've no idea if this does happen, or if it would be of any benefit if it did, but the response of some here to vague suggestions that a Rolex could be improved on is quite illuminating..

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 16th November 2018 at 10:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Do they put in Spring drive module?

THAT would be a 10% premium I am willing to pay.

Master
    Humorous and even more so if true. Given the Rolex +2 -2 commitment I don't think accuracy could be the motivation for any alteration. I do like the concept of over-engineering something for the sake of it. I want this to be true.

Loada borrocks

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh lolz.

wow, what a big heap of BS

Why would anyone do that? Rolex is the single biggest luxury watch seller in the world with more than 1m watches sold per year. You can argue as much as you want about their model, but I do not doubt that their manufacturing standards and tolerances are very high and similar or equal to surgery standards. You cannot compare anything built in the 60's/70's even 80's to something manufactured today. We are talking 1000 times better tolerances and micro/nano technology at the highest level. The Swiss are excellent at what they do; Chocolate, Public Transport and you guessed it ....watches!
    My only comment: Silicon Balance wheels. Maybe not Rolex yet but in the same ballpark
    Have a read: https://monochrome-watches.com/techn...-developments/

Don’t see why this couldn’t be done in principle.

Nothing wrong with Rolex but could always be improved in the same way people buy very expensive cars and tune or perhaps detail them.

What does seem unlikely that this could be done for +10%.

Just checked my calendar, it's 4 months and 15 days until...................
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    If only my DJ had been that accurate !!
    My GMT Master was +8 from new and then +5 after Rolex regulated it. When the triangular pointer on the end of the 24hr hand fell off & the bracelet undid itself if I clenched my fist, I got rid of the poxy thing.

We could do with our resident Japanese expert TT in lending his opinion. Thinking of him led me to dig up this following post about the 'AD concept' which some people have ridiculed me about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    In general it is cheaper to buy Swiss watches in Japan already, other things (FX rates...) being equal/steady. If I remember correctly, the Japanese threw out a Swiss attempt to control distribution (ie, "authorised" dealers as is so willingly accepted/applauded elsewhere) about 20 years ago. You can buy a Rolex, IWC, AP or whatever at your local shop as easily as a toaster. In some cases (e.g., Bic Camera, Yodobashi) in the same shop as the toaster.

I'm not sure what effect this agreement will have. Things like imported shoes and cars have high tariffs. Imported watches, wines and spirits (for examples) seem not to. I'm sure it is all in the details, which is why these things take years to agree and implement.

^ this whole thread is a yodobashi 🤯

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    We could do with our resident Japanese expert TT in lending his opinion. Thinking of him led me to dig up this following post about the 'AD concept' which some people have ridiculed me about.....
    No one ridiculed you on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    ^ this whole thread is a yo****shi 勞
    Please keep it clean in WT.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    In not quite sure what TT is saying here. You can also buy Rolex AP or whatever in the U.K. from non-authorised dealers everywhere too. I don’t see where the difference is between the U.K. and Japan...Yodobashi Bic Camera basically operate like a watch finder or local pawn shop where they will sell u a daytona sure. but it will most likely be a daytona from HK or Singapore and ofcourse sold at the market rate. There are ADs here and even Rolex boutiques but ofcourse they are “managed” by a chain just like a boutique may be managed by the Aurum group in the U.K. I fail to see any difference....but i am open to be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Calling kuchars22 to Watch Talk. A Rolex thread needs your valuable input.
    What makes you think that...(please add as much sarcasm and intimidation as you see fit)?

I am still trying to get my head around how anyone could re-engineer a watch without replacing parts. I suppose they could change the oil or refinish some of the parts (polish them), but if a component was undersized then polishing it would make it even smaller unless material was added. i suppose additional jewels could be added, but it' that's a bit meh.

Personally I cannot see it unless these folks were adding something like Tourbilion. Or like Franc Muller did to a Date Just by converting it in to an Perpetual Calendar. Something that Rolex has never managed yet.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It's just Seiko QC folks need to check the chapter ring/rehaut/bezel alignment. The rest of the story is overblown.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m reminded of the Walt Odets stripdown of the Exlorer. Given his conclusions at the time, this doesn’t seem as strange as one might think...

http://www.timezone.com/2002/09/16/t...-14270-part-1/

www.timezone.com/2002/09/16/the-rolex-explorer-ref-14270-part-2/