closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex or Goldsmiths email contact?

Master

Rolex or Goldsmiths email contact?

Hi,

Has anyone got a relevant contact email address for Rolex or Goldsmiths?

When the new 'Pepsi' GMT came out at the beginning of the year I called into my local Goldsmiths (having bought a few watches from them in the past), knowing full well that there was a waiting list but happy to wait. The manager (different guy to the one I used to deal with) explained about the list, fine, and I asked him to put me on it. Offered a deposit, no, wouldn't take one.

Five or six months went by, no contact, fair enough, but thought I'd call in as I was passing. Rolex agency had been lost, different manager, didn't seem able to even check whether I was on the list, made some vague comment about it being at least five years before I could get one (a figure he seemed to pull out of the air).

Wondering whether I was actually even on the list, I decided to contact Goldsmiths head office. Only way I could find was via a contact form on their web site. That was a month or more ago and seems to have been lost, ignored, whatever.

So it's all a little vague to say the least! Still happy to wait, it's just a watch and I have others, but I would like to confirm with someone that I am actually on this magical mythical list (I'm sure it didn't used to be this hard to buy an expensive wrist watch - last time I called in, tried on the one I wanted and bought it. Crazy huh?).

So if someone has a contact email for either Goldsmiths customer service or Rolex (for whom there seems to be no contact even via the web site) I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Craftsman
    I strongly suspect Rolex never see site of any list compiled by an AD. If goldsmiths are no longer AD in your town I would go and visit the AD and chat to them but again I suspect the goldsmiths list will not have been passed on as the new AD will have their own way of operating, VIP clients etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I strongly suspect Rolex never see site of any list compiled by an AD. If goldsmiths are no longer AD in your town I would go and visit the AD and chat to them but again I suspect the goldsmiths list will not have been passed on as the new AD will have their own way of operating, VIP clients etc.
    The contact at Rolex is not to ask about the list but to let them know how their potential (and indeed existing) customer is being treated by their representative - badly!

There is no Rolex dealer in my town anymore (which is weird, but hey ho). The chap at Goldsmiths told me that the list from all their branches is centralised so that they don't get the same person on multiple times from different shops, which makes sense if actually true. I'd just quite like to know if this list really exists, and if I am actually on it.

I'd just quite like the opportunity to buy the watch at some point if I like it (I might not when I see it, and there seems no way of seeing one in the meantime. I was dead set on the new Explorer II a couple of years ago but just didn't like it in the flesh, which was a pity).

Why are you so set on Goldsmiths?

Find the nearest independent Rolex AD.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    The contact at Rolex is not to ask about the list but to let them know how their potential (and indeed existing) customer is being treated by their representative - badly!

There is no Rolex dealer in my town anymore (which is weird, but hey ho). The chap at Goldsmiths told me that the list from all their branches is centralised so that they don't get the same person on multiple times from different shops, which makes sense if actually true. I'd just quite like to know if this list really exists, and if I am actually on it.

I'd just quite like the opportunity to buy the watch at some point if I like it (I might not when I see it, and there seems no way of seeing one in the meantime. I was dead set on the new Explorer II a couple of years ago but just didn't like it in the flesh, which was a pity).
    Rolex aren’t going to care about your supposed mistreatment by a high street jeweller that isn’t an AD anymore. Obviously Rolex pulled their supply from that store for a reason.

They, GS and Rolex are not obligated to have an AD in your town, neither are they obligated to sell you a watch, irrelevant that you might already own a couple already, as many of their customers do to.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Ari;4939725]The contact at Rolex is not to ask about the list but to let them know how their potential (and indeed existing) customer is being treated by their representative - badly!

I'd just quite like the opportunity to buy the watch at some point if I like it (I might not when I see it, and there seems no way of seeing one in the meantime. I was dead set on the new Explorer II a couple of years ago but just didn't like it in the flesh, which was a pity).[/QUOTE

Been there seen it done it.

Firstly Rolex will tell you politely that they are sorry however you are not their customer they only supply to their approved network so please speak them.

Secondly Goldsmiths do not know one thing about customer service.you will be in unfortunately he whistling in the wind.

I am afraid at the moment apart from going grey not much chance to get one.

Master
    Goldsmiths is part of Aurum Holdings, their CEO is Brian Duffy: b.duffy@aurumholdings.co.uk

If you're going to get lousy customer service on this then you may as well get it via the CEO's office.

Rolex themselves are not contactable.

As for for goldsmiths, I don’t think you have much chance to be honest. I’d either buy grey or pick another model.

I'm not a big believer in those lists...

Craftsman
    Ari,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

My local Goldsmiths said the same; Goldsmiths (possibly Aurum Group) centralise all notices of interest for the very hot watches to attempt to cut out duplications. Then when a watch is made available to the local store, it's down to that store to pick from one of the pre-approved on the centralised list. He said that only SS Daytona and SS Pepsi GMT were allocated this way. All other Rolex are entirely at the discretion of the local branch. That is what I was told.

Your post to me reads as though you haven't been into the AD since putting your name down 6 months previously - apologies if I've misunderstood. In my experience, I have found that frequency breeds result. I'm lucky in that I live only a mile from Goldsmiths and that it is situated amongst all the other shops that I visit, so I pop in every other week or so, often mid-week when they are not busy. Even if it's only just to say 'hi' or 'nice display' or chat about anything really. The salesman in Goldsmiths might think I'm weird but if he does, he hides it well. Seems to work - I've had 3 Rolex from him since April: one for the wife, SD43 (for me) and SS Pepsi GMT (for me too).

Don't give up on the Pepsi - it's fantastic. Yes it's only a watch but Rolex has done a great job. Mine's been on my wrist 6 days a week since I got it. I've gone through the pain of getting scratches on the clasp so now I'm not so precious with it.

Without wishing to rub salt or gloat, I think now is a good time for a photo. Best of luck in your chase.

Master
    Is this a real post 😂

Craftsman
    Many years ago (15+ ) I had a Daytona on order from an AD for a couple of years with a £500 deposit paid.

The AD changed hands , lost their Rolex dealership and I got a cheque back for my deposit.

I wrote a letter to Rolex head office and I was very surprised not to get a reply, I wrote to their CEO or whatever title he had and sent it by recorded delivery , complaining that I’d lost my place in the queue through no fault of my own and more importantly that my first letter had been ignored by a world class brand.

I eventually got a reply saying my watch was still in the pipeline and it would be delivered in April next year to another dealer, which to be fair was exactly what happened.

I was left with the impression that it meant nothing to them at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Is this a real post 
    Is this just fantasy?

Join in if you know the words!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Is this just fantasy?

Join in if you know the words!
    Did you see the film? Highly recommended

Craftsman
    Is this a real post 
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Is this just fantasy?
    So slick. Magnifico o o o

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Did you see the film? Highly recommended
    Not yet. Definitely on my list!

Boohoo
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Rolex are easily contactable. Just need to put pen to paper and use a stamp. Always replied very promptly. However doubt their reply will be satisfactory.

I put my name down for a Daytona last year with a Mappin and Webb AD near me. They did the whole process, filled everything out on file, told me how long they thought it would be etc. Cut to last month I go to another Mappin and Webb to talk about putting my name down for something else. The original shop never actually put my name down in the system at all. Apparently it's quite a common song and dance to get rid of people. Left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

This thread is worth PDF-ing

(apart from the pyjama photo)

The mythical list!

Without buying history with that AD or if it’s not being tagged onto a big purchase I personally would look elsewhere!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    There is no new AD unfortunately. There's one in a city an hour away, might pop in there when next in but not making a special journey, it's only a watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Why are you so set on Goldsmiths?

Find the nearest independent Rolex AD.
    As above, because I (thought I) had my name on a list with them six months ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Goldsmiths is part of Aurum Holdings, their CEO is Brian Duffy: b.duffy@aurumholdings.co.uk

If you're going to get lousy customer service on this then you may as well get it via the CEO's office.
    Brilliant, thank you!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    Ari,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

My local Goldsmiths said the same; Goldsmiths (possibly Aurum Group) centralise all notices of interest for the very hot watches to attempt to cut out duplications. Then when a watch is made available to the local store, it's down to that store to pick from one of the pre-approved on the centralised list. He said that only SS Daytona and SS Pepsi GMT were allocated this way. All other Rolex are entirely at the discretion of the local branch. That is what I was told.

Your post to me reads as though you haven't been into the AD since putting your name down 6 months previously - apologies if I've misunderstood. In my experience, I have found that frequency breeds result. I'm lucky in that I live only a mile from Goldsmiths and that it is situated amongst all the other shops that I visit, so I pop in every other week or so, often mid-week when they are not busy. Even if it's only just to say 'hi' or 'nice display' or chat about anything really. The salesman in Goldsmiths might think I'm weird but if he does, he hides it well. Seems to work - I've had 3 Rolex from him since April: one for the wife, SD43 (for me) and SS Pepsi GMT (for me too).

Don't give up on the Pepsi - it's fantastic. Yes it's only a watch but Rolex has done a great job. Mine's been on my wrist 6 days a week since I got it. I've gone through the pain of getting scratches on the clasp so now I'm not so precious with it.

Without wishing to rub salt or gloat, I think now is a good time for a photo. Best of luck in your chase.

You're probably right, although since they lost their Rolex franchise, maybe it wouldn't have made much difference in the end.

Nice watch!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a real post 
    Yes. What is it about the post that you're struggling with?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    Rolex are easily contactable. Just need to put pen to paper and use a stamp. Always replied very promptly. However doubt their reply will be satisfactory.
    That's not a bad idea!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    I put my name down for a Daytona last year with a Mappin and Webb AD near me. They did the whole process, filled everything out on file, told me how long they thought it would be etc. Cut to last month I go to another Mappin and Webb to talk about putting my name down for something else. The original shop never actually put my name down in the system at all. Apparently it's quite a common song and dance to get rid of people. Left a very bitter taste in the mouth.
    That's what concerns me. I don't mind waiting, it is just a watch, I have others.

What I don't want is to be waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    The mythical list!

Without buying history with that AD or if it’s not being tagged onto a big purchase I personally would look elsewhere!
    Ironically, I do have a buying history with that AD, but not recently. Staff has changed, Rolex is gone from the shop, so not sure it gets me anywhere.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post

I was left with the impression that it meant nothing to them at all.
    With circa 800,000 units produced a year, you are nothing to them approx. 0.0001%

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Rolex aren’t going to care about your supposed mistreatment by a high street jeweller that isn’t an AD anymore. Obviously Rolex pulled their supply from that store for a reason.

They, GS and Rolex are not obligated to have an AD in your town, neither are they obligated to sell you a watch, irrelevant that you might already own a couple already, as many of their customers do to.
    Goldsmiths are very much still an AD.

No where have I suggested that they are obliged to have an AD in my town, or that anyone is obliged to sell me a watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Boohoo
    Helpful. Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    This thread is worth PDF-ing

(apart from the pyjama photo)
    Nonsense. That shirt is beautiful. You were fortunate to have been shown it.

Master
    "Dear Mr Rolex,

I once told a shop I wanted to buy a GMT - yes that one, the hottest watch in the world at the moment and one that trades at over a 100% mark-up on the secondary market. I was told it would be a five-year wait. It has now been six months and they haven't sold me one yet.

I own at least two of your watches already, so I must be one of your biggest customers and hence am very important.

Please discipline the large national chain and tell them that if they don't sell me a GMT, you will terminate the relationship.

Kind regards,

Ari (no last name because I am such an important customer that you must know me very well)

ps. Please give my regards to Mrs Rolex"

Journeyman
    Hi,

Has anyone got a relevant contact email address for Rolex or Goldsmiths?

When the new 'Pepsi' GMT came out at the beginning of the year I called into my local Goldsmiths (having bought a few watches from them in the past), knowing full well that there was a waiting list but happy to wait. The manager (different guy to the one I used to deal with) explained about the list, fine, and I asked him to put me on it. Offered a deposit, no, wouldn't take one.

Five or six months went by, no contact, fair enough, but thought I'd call in as I was passing. Rolex agency had been lost, different manager, didn't seem able to even check whether I was on the list, made some vague comment about it being at least five years before I could get one (a figure he seemed to pull out of the air).

Wondering whether I was actually even on the list, I decided to contact Goldsmiths head office. Only way I could find was via a contact form on their web site. That was a month or more ago and seems to have been lost, ignored, whatever.

So it's all a little vague to say the least! Still happy to wait, it's just a watch and I have others, but I would like to confirm with someone that I am actually on this magical mythical list (I'm sure it didn't used to be this hard to buy an expensive wrist watch - last time I called in, tried on the one I wanted and bought it. Crazy huh?).

So if someone has a contact email for either Goldsmiths customer service or Rolex (for whom there seems to be no contact even via the web site) I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks!
    K.Adcock@aurumholdings.co.uk

If she is still around Kirsty was helpful when I dealt with her last year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    "Dear Mr Rolex,

I once told a shop I wanted to buy a GMT - yes that one, the hottest watch in the world at the moment and one that trades at over a 100% mark-up on the secondary market. I was told it would be a five-year wait. It has now been six months and they haven't sold me one yet.

I own at least two of your watches already, so I must be one of your biggest customers and hence am very important.

Please discipline the large national chain and tell them that if they don't sell me a GMT, you will terminate the relationship.

Kind regards,

Ari (no last name because I am such an important customer that you must know me very well)

ps. Please give my regards to Mrs Rolex"
    I always feel extremely sorry for people who write posts like this. How desperately miserable must their life be if the only outlet available to them to vent their frustration at their situation is to try and tell off anonymous people on the Internet (and even fail hopelessly at that)?

Very sad.

Master
    When the new 'Pepsi' GMT came out at the beginning of the year I called into my local Goldsmiths
    How soon after the launch did you visit your AD?

I think I said previously that I happened to be in town (before lunchtime) on the day of the Basel launches. I popped into my AD and the young sales assistant was on the phone with a desk top full of bits of paper with names and telephone numbers of people after the lastest SS Rolex. I assume that pile of names grew later that day and in the days and weeks that followed. When I went in a few months later, they had one (which I had a look at) but weren't expecting more than a couple a year.

As has been said on other threads, I think the scarcity of SS models - especially new ones - is such that lists are meaningless. If the AD gets a 126710BLRO, he's not going to look at his list; he'll have some customer in mind who's bought a shed load of jewellery from him and "deserves" it. Irritating for the Rolex lover but just the way it is now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    With circa 800,000 units produced a year, you are nothing to them approx. 0.0001%
    Clearly, but if I write a letter ( a proper hand written one )to the top person in a worldwide recognised brand such as Rolex , I would at least expect the decency of a reply.

Pitiful customer service, which eventually they did make good .

I think the current short supply , waiting list malarkey, call it what you want , is damaging the brand , increase both supply and the rrp , give the customers what they want and increase the profit made by official dealers instead of the grey dealers.

But my opinion counts for nothing as I only represent.00001 % of the market apparently.

Craftsman
    You’re having a bad time getting a Pepsi, I couldn’t even get on a list at any Aurum group store for a Batman before the market went crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    Nonsense. That shirt is beautiful. You were fortunate to have been shown it.
    "Book 'em Danno"!