closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "Interest list" vs "Waiting list"

"Interest list" vs "Waiting list"

I went into my local AD a few weeks ago enquiring about getting onto ANY "waiting list". The general response I got was that I would be waiting a long time, and wasn't going to add me to the list despite me hinting that I wanted to be added no matter the wait timw (for any sport model). However, I enquired about a CHNR and he said that is a realistic possibility and would put me on an "interest list", not a "waiting list".

I didn't hang around to ask what that was, but now it's bugging me - has anyone heard of this list, perhaps a pre-waiting list of some kind before running criminal, social and employment checks (just kidding)?

One of my local ADs operates a pre waiting list list. Bloomin' ridiculous state of affairs.

Journeyman
    Just walk away... go buy something else that has not attracted the masses and wait for the herd to graze elsewhere to buy this watch.

Just my opinion!

I’m sure all the lists are pure bull*hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    WOS operate an expression of interest list for sought after models. This enables them to vet customers to see if they are either existing customers are on multiple list with the company or have know to have sold items to grey dealers. The idea is to get watches to genuine customers who are like to keep the watch rather than sell it for a quick buck.

I was in Goldsmiths in Meadowhall and they were taking names for Subs on an expressions list, as the waiting list was closed as it extended to 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Ask to be on one and then do a subject access request for the information and ask who they gave passed it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsella1 View Post
    I’m sure all the lists are pure bull*hit

Blog Entries
    I am surprised the bloody AD’s are not asking for the full retail price in advance to gain a place on a waiting list to get on the main waiting list! If after 5 years they cannot provide the watch then you get your money back.
    Yea,right!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I am surprised the bloody AD’s are not asking for the full retail price in advance to gain a place on a waiting list to get on the main waiting list! If after 5 years they cannot provide the watch then you get your money back.
    Would be a half decent deal that, with interest rates where they are at the minute. Certainly better than grey market prices. And, of course, it would discourage people from "putting their names down" everywhere!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Would be a half decent deal that, with interest rates where they are at the minute. Certainly better than grey market prices. And, of course, it would discourage people from "putting their names down" everywhere!
    Someone on another thread suggested the idea of “taking a ticket” and waiting your turn for a watch to be produced to order.

I’d potentially be quite happy to pay up in advance on this basis, as long as I was given a realistic estimated waiting time, even if it was a few years.

Can’t see it happening though...

Craftsman
    Asking to get onto any waiting list no matter what the model was probably the issue. Had you shown an interest / desire for a particular model i would have thought you had a higher chance of success. Asking t go on any waiting list could come across as having a lack of interest in the watch and just wanting to get a desirable model to immediately flip.

Blog Entries
    After the notional 5 years(in the fairly unlikely event that it would take that long) be prepared to be stiffed for a further bill from the AD to cover price increases in the intervening period!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Asking to get onto any waiting list no matter what the model was probably the issue. Had you shown an interest / desire for a particular model i would have thought you had a higher chance of success. Asking t go on any waiting list could come across as having a lack of interest in the watch and just wanting to get a desirable model to immediately flip.
    Yes, what I was thinking too.

Craftsman
    When all said and done, an “expression of interest list” is another way of ADs just saying they are not going to adhere to any strict order of supplying watches to people on the list.

If someone comes along that is more important or valued to them, they will get bumped up to the top, to the detriment of those less important.

Whilst there may be some degree of truth in them trying to ensure watches are going to genuine buyers (people that will actually keep and wear the watches), it’s mainly about keeping their best customers happy by prioritising them.

There are some nice stories on here from a few people with apparent very long standing ad relationships and/ or drop lucky timing wise that get treated well by ad’s and manage to pick up their desired high demand watch.

This all seems fair enough and a decent way of doing business from an ad perspective. I’ve certainly not felt badly treated by any ad that I’ve dealt with, but it’s frustrating to get placed on an apparent never ending list, with no real expectation of how long it may take. It is what it is though and when demand far outstrips supply for certain watches, there are always going to be more frustrated lists of people than happy customers with new watches.

Master
    After the notional 5 years(in the fairly unlikely event that it would take that long) be prepared to be stiffed for a further bill from the AD to cover price increases in the intervening period!
    True - but that’s the case now. If you ‘get the call’ you pay the current list.

I’ve no doubt lists and waits would be much shorter with a full price deposit. But, as said, can’t see it happening.

Master
    Chinese ADs will no doubt be allocating based on the social credit system.

Do you deserve a new SS Submariner??

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8297486.html

Craftsman
    Wow! I like the sound of this.
    Maybe a bit creepy in places but all for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Yes, I expressed interest in the Pepsi initially as it was advertised on their TV screen, before moving onto the Hulk as an alternative.

You've omitted the ''don't give a monkeys'' list for those of us that don't feel the need to follow the herd.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Yea,right!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Someone on another thread suggested the idea of “taking a ticket” and waiting your turn for a watch to be produced to order.

I’d potentially be quite happy to pay up in advance on this basis, as long as I was given a realistic estimated waiting time, even if it was a few years.

Can’t see it happening though...
    Ha, ha, ha. Never going to happen, why would an AD take full price now, when in 5 years or so they can sell you a watch at retail? They would be taking a hit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You've omitted the ''don't give a monkeys'' list for those of us that don't feel the need to follow the herd.
    OR:

I must have this watch, my life will end if i have to wait a while, but not paying over RRP, help, help, help.

FFS get over yourselves, it's a fecking watch, not a kidney

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    OR:

FFS get over yourselves, it's a fecking watch, not a kidney
    But but but some other metrosexual in the office has got one, why can't I have one
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I think this is a more accurate name for these lists. For a long time I thought that you joined the waiting list and they went down it one by one. At least with this you KNOW you aren't being treated the same as every other buyer, especially those who dump tens of thousands at the same shop.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kuchars22 View Post
    Yes, I expressed interest in the Pepsi initially as it was advertised on their TV screen, before moving onto the Hulk as an alternative.
    Have you bought anything from them before?

Hulks are probably harder to get than Pepsi’s at the moment!

Master
    I was allegedly on a "waiting list" for an Explorer about 3 years ago. Having walked past a few Rolex window displays over the following months and seen Explorers "FOR SALE" I realised the whole thing with these lists is a stupid pantomime. I never heard from the AD after the first 12 months when I pestered a little and if they phoned me now I would tell them where to stick it.

I did read in a watch Trade journal that the hunger for steel Rolex watches was almost entirely fuelled by watch forums like this - seems like we have created our own monster.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Have you bought anything from them before?

Hulks are probably harder to get than Pepsi’s at the moment!

No - I was just curious to see what they would say.