closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got The Call GMT Pepsi

Got The Call GMT Pepsi

Having been on zee list since the day it was announced the weeks and summer / autumn months passed by slowly and 2019 seems just around the corner I was beginning to think it might be a really really long wait for a 126710 BLRO so had accepted it was going to be a case of 'it will happen when it happens'.

I had arranged to drop into my AD of 20+ years last week to look at a Christmas Present for Mrs TKH and have a coffee, after talking watches Vintage and Modern a familiar box was placed in front of me

'open it'....I did and inside a 'Pepsi GMT' and what a lovely thing....'who's is it'? ...I asked thinking I was just getting a chance to look at one in the flesh....'yours'....wow what a surprise and a great way to make a special moment.

The watch is I have to say stunning a fabulous execution and the bezel colours are to me a perfect rendition and I forgot just how comfortable a jubilee bracelet is.

its not been off my wrist for last 5 days and I think is my new 'favourite'

Master
    Fantastic!

Well done Tim, delighted to hear a good news story for you and I hope this balances some of your vintage frustrations in recent years.

It looks superb; enjoy!

You can explain in person why you don't buy Mrs. TKH's Christmas presents from me, but don't let that spoil the moment.

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Fantastic!

Well done Tim, delighted to hear a good news story for you and I hope this balances some of your vintage frustrations in recent years.

It looks superb; enjoy!

You can explain in person why you don't buy Mrs. TKH's Christmas presents from me, but don't let that spoil the moment.

H
    Hi H

Thanks for kind words

Still have massive Vintage frustrations 😉 need a DRSD but you have them all😎

I shall bring in Mrs TKH ...oops

T

Nice catch. Is the clasp any more adjustable than the 116710? I'm struggling to get a perfect fit on my blnr so curious if the pepsi is more adjustable?

Congratulations good catch.
    As you say the AD really made it special.
    Chuffed for you.
    EnJoY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Nice catch. Is the clasp any more adjustable than the 116710? I'm struggling to get a perfect fit on my blnr so curious if the pepsi is more adjustable?
    Hmmm has 3 pin positions inside clasp and comfort link so much the same

However I think the jubilee is more forgiving than oyster as it moulds to wrist

Not sure if that makes any sense ? I see a jubilee has just gone up on SC

Master
    Congratulations it’s a stunning watch. Since I’ve got mine nothing else has had much of a look in. For me the jubilee just works perfectly with this watch.

Cheers. Sounds like adjustability is same as mine. Think the one on SC is the hidden clasp type you get on djs so not as new as yours.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Congratulations it’s a stunning watch. Since I’ve got mine nothing else has had much of a look in. For me the jubilee just works perfectly with this watch.
    Yes I agree. I am currently wearing a 16710 GMT with a Jubilee Bracelet and it has the wife's whole hearted approval. A match truly made in Heaven.

Craftsman
    Congrats on getting it in time for the holiday season.

Still waiting for mine but the waiting lists here are so long. I may have to wait a couple more years!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Congrats. I like your AD's way of working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Hi H

Thanks for kind words

Still have massive Vintage frustrations  need a DRSD but you have them all

I shall bring in Mrs TKH ...oops

T
    Not all!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    a familiar box was placed in front of me

'open it'....I did and inside a 'Pepsi GMT' and what a lovely thing....'who's is it'? ...I asked thinking I was just getting a chance to look at one in the flesh....'yours'

I had a similar experience a few months back except when I said "Who's is it?", the AD said "A valued customer's ..." and took it away.

I'm glad to hear you are wearing it!

Owl1
    Great watches , had mine about a month and still not wore it as yet..just keep staring at it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I had a similar experience a few months back except when I said "Who's is it?", the AD said "A valued customer's ..." and took it away.

That’s just cruel in comparison😀

Congrats to the OP. This is the only watch on my “wanted” list at the moment...

One day..............

Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Not all!

Git hahaha

Lovely pumpkin dial and original trit pip

I shall make do with my GW for now 😉

If those were their exact words, that sounds like horrendous service.

That's terrible....you need to name and shame that AD

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely watch, looks great on you. I went into my AD a couple of months ago & I was 13th on ze list. Probably going to be another 18/12 unless some of the 12 in front of me pass.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    That's terrible....you need to name and shame that AD
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    If those were their exact words, that sounds like horrendous service.
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    That’s just cruel in comparison
    Sorry, I was just teasing!

I did get to see one of the first my AD got in the shop but I am no way on his deserving list!

Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Not all!

Absolutely stunning

Congratualtions to the OP on receiving his GMT.

Good on you mate, it doesn’t disappoint and is well worth the wait....

Great catch

Craftsman
    Looks great, can’t wait to get mine whenever that is!

Master
    The watch isn't to my taste but what a lovely surprise. Does the AD have a defibrillator on site just in case? Good that it meets all your expectations - Enjoy your watch

Journeyman
    congrats, lovely

Journeyman
    Well played that AD!

Congrats on the watch, WIGH

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Truly stunning and what a great way find out, wear in good health

Craftsman
    Congrats, OP. Lovely piece. I am still struggling to decide whether to get the BLRO or a nice 16750.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Lovely watch, looks great on you. I went into my AD a couple of months ago & I was 13th on ze list. Probably going to be another 18/12 unless some of the 12 in front of me pass.
    Months or years??

Master

Got The Call GMT Pepsi

It is a beautiful thing - you have my congratulations!!

As the owner of a Pepsi 16710 and a Pepsi 1675 (as well as a couple of other GMTs) I always said I’d buy a Pepsi ceramic if they ever made one in steel - white gold is a little steep for me. I had an inkling that there would be an SS version and so I started saving as soon as the white gold one came out.
    Fast forward a couple of years or so, I’ve saved, saved and saved some more and I now have the cash.......

So far i’ve been to 3 different ADs and it seems as if there is literally no hope what so ever of getting my hands one - certainly not a new one anyway. Only today I paid a visit to an AD in Sussex and was told that they had 30 people on the waiting list and that the only way to get onto the list was to have already been (good) customer in the past!!
    This seems to be a common theme running through the forum with demand high and supply low.

Well, it’s certainly the first time I’ve ever felt like the poor relation walking into a shop with £7K to spend!!!

Wear yours in good health.

Edited - I do or course know that this is a first world problem, but if I can’t rant here, I won’t be able to rant anywhere!!!

Last edited by Piemuncher22; 15th November 2018 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    It is a beautiful thing - you have my congratulations!!

As the owner of a Pepsi 16710 and a Pepsi 1675 (as well as a couple of other GMTs) I always said I’d buy a Pepsi ceramic if they ever made one in steel - white gold is a little steep for me. I had an inkling that there would be an SS version and so I started saving as soon as the white gold one came out.
    Fast forward a couple of years or so, I’ve saved, saved and saved some more and I now have the cash.......

So far i’ve been to 3 different ADs and it seems as if there is literally no hope what so ever of getting my hands one - certainly not a new one anyway. Only today I paid a visit to an AD in Sussex and was told that they had 30 people on the waiting list and that the only way to get onto the list was to have already been (good) customer in the past!!
    This seems to be a common theme running through the forum with demand high and supply low.

Well, it’s certainly the first time I’ve ever felt like the poor relation walking into a shop with £7K to spend!!!

Wear yours in good health.

Edited - I do or course know that this is a first world problem, but if I can’t rant here, I won’t be able to rant anywhere!!!

Sounds like you have some nice GMT’s to enjoy, I was worried as a vintage fan that they might over modernise or lose the Pepsiness fortunately they haven’t and it sits well with its predecessors.

In respect of obtaining completely agree it’s a shame for true Rolex fans and collectors that the current state of play is as it is and sadly I can’t see it changing anytime soon, I do worry it creates ill feeling towards the brand as its a bit of a turn off when told 3+ years for something you set your heart on.

That said it does not seem to deter Pateks 5711 fans too much.

Hope you get some joy in your quest as they are a fab piece.