closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport

How is it for ease of use, is there relatively cheap parking etc?
    Never used it before but it's looking like a possibilty.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I used to fly a Cessna 152 from Lulsgate Airport when I had a PPL, the air traffic controllers were always very pleasant. Hope this helps.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We always use Oakwood parking. Park & mini bus takes you in to airport. Probably half a mile from the airport. Phone them as you're coming through arrivals & munibus picks you up. Never had to wait long

Master
    I usually use the long term parking. It's normally possible to park close enough to the terminal so you can walk, so no need to wait for a shuttle bus.

Nightmare airport to get to unless you're coming from the south west side of Bristol. Transport links haven't kept up with airport expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used the Silver parking the last few times I've flown from there. Regular shuttle buses to and from and not too expensive from memory. It can be a difficult airport to get to depending on time of day and where you're coming from. However, if travelling through Bristol outside of rush hour probably not too bad.

Long stay parking on site is quite easy to walk to
    Nice little airport
    Hotel there (Hilton) very convenient and has deals with parking and ok breakfast buffet

Master
    I use Bristol a lot and always very good. Normally pay for the premium parking and it's a 50 metre walk. My mate uses A4 parking and they take the car and when he lands he calls them and they drop it off. I used that with him recently and they were good.

I'm coming up from the SW so don't know what the airport is like if you're coming down as it's south of Bristol.

Master
    The silver parking is ok, just need to leave sufficient time for the bus journey from the car park to the terminal.

We used the multi storey in Sept, it’s over the road from the terminal and if we hadn’t come back to a nasty dent in the rear door of the car it would have been great.

Like most airports I think the cost of parking here is expensive. Not many other optone- hostage really. The long stay can be busy so leave time to drive round and find a space big enough -they are quite small car spaces.
    Taxi to and from is sometime cheaper than parking -depending on how long you’re away and where you are coming rom

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I used to fly a Cessna 152 from Lulsgate Airport when I had a PPL, the air traffic controllers were always very pleasant. Hope this helps.
    Brilliant

Silver parking for me has always been good.

I flew out from Bristol this year and used a Meet and Greet service. The drop off is about 100 yards from the main entrance. Worked well for us especially as our return flight landed at 01.00.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Used to be awful when we lived in Bristol. Terrible to get to, often fog bound and a short runway (OK for Simon and his Cessna but no good for anything of any size).
    It should have been moved to Filton.
    That was over 15 years ago though so it may have improved.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Used to be awful when we lived in Bristol. Terrible to get to, often fog bound and a short runway (OK for Simon and his Cessna but no good for anything of any size).
    It should have been moved to Filton.
    That was over 15 years ago though so it may have improved.
    Filton is in town and the wrong side of Bristol.
    Bristol airport has changed massively in the last 5 years.

One of the few UK airports where it gets foggy and windy at the same time.

I’m fairly certain that there’s a member on here who’s an air traffic controller at Lulsgate, although I can’t remember who.