closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA 2824/SW200 destro datewheel

Apprentice

ETA 2824/SW200 destro datewheel

Hi
    First post on this forum because I recently came across what will probably become my next wristwatch, the Oris Aquis Date. There were a problem though, the crown was uncomfortably digging in to the back of my hand. After some research it became clear to me that on the SW200 (ETA 2824 clone) movement it is possible to rotate the dial and hands 180 degrees and have the crown on the left side (destro style). This however sadly leaves the date window aligning between two dates so I need to source a new datewheel.
    Now to my question, does anybody where I can find a destro datewheel for ETA 2824/SW200 for window at 6 o clock? I know they are manufactured because there are watches being sold with them, MAT uses them for example and Oris also used them in their Red Edition.

Grand Master
    Have you tried Cousins? They may have a datewheel at 6 listed.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have you tried Cousins? They may have a datewheel at 6 listed.
    Just checked and unfortunately they don't.

It won’t work.

The other watches you mention will have been designed with the movement flip in place so the date window will look exact at 6h so could have had date wheels printed specifically for this, or the date window placed for the flipped movement ( so not the exact same position if crown at 3H ). I’m not aware of ETA selling these types of date discs.

The only option really is to print your own date disc, which outweighs any cost in buying the watch!

Wear it on the right. Sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk