closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitness Tracker Recommendations Please

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

Fitness Tracker Recommendations Please

Hi

I wonder if you could provide your recommendations for a small fitness tracker please.

I have a 9 year old daughter that’s wearing a small FitBit Alta Tracker. It great because as this have given her an incentive to become more mobile as she counts her steps and this has now become a bit of a competition within the family and her school friends.

Unfortunately the tracker has developed a fault and is out of warranty. I don’t really want to pay £80 for another one, and am considering other cheaper makes/brands as advertised on a major internet site that offers a tv, music service as well selling hundreds of thousands of goods with next day delivery if you subscribe to them. (didn’t know if I could name them?).

She has an Apple 5c and the tracker should ideally work with this as she checks what she’s done when home from school.

All she requires is to count her steps, how far she has walked, tell the time.

Thanks in advance.

B

Master
    I had a Withings Go for a while. It’s really simple to use and has an eight month battery life so no messing around with charging every night. Not the most tech looking thing but very comfortable, easy to read and robust.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BP56U...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    I had a Withings Go for a while. It’s really simple to use and has an eight month battery life so no messing around with charging every night. Not the most tech looking thing but very comfortable, easy to read and robust.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BP56U...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Looking at that it will be a tad to big for here tiny wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Same as above the tracker (strap) is a tad to big for her wrist as the small Alta fits her fine.

Thanks anyway both.

B

My daughter also has a Fitbit, and benefits from the same. One problem might be though if you buy a different make, she won't be able to take part in any of the challenges?

Have you considered the Garmin Vivofit Junior? Slightly cheaper than the fitbit (at as low as £50 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-010-...dp/B01LW8SVRB/) and does everything that a "grown up" fitness tracker does.

Cheers,
    MarkC

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    My daughter also has a Fitbit, and benefits from the same. One problem might be though if you buy a different make, she won't be able to take part in any of the challenges?
    Yeah you could be right but when you compare what other FB cost I’m struggling to justify the extra cost.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Have you considered the Garmin Vivofit Junior? Slightly cheaper than the fitbit (at as low as £50 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-010-...dp/B01LW8SVRB/) and does everything that a "grown up" fitness tracker does.

Cheers,
    MarkC
    Thanks for info.

B

Journeyman
    Why not go for a second-hand fitbit on eBay? There's loads of people who get them and then get bored and move on. Another thing to note is that if your daughter thinks it's a cheapo brand, she may not wear it. Kids are always brand conscious!

Master
    Have you contacted Fitbit - you never know they may replace it or offer a discount

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk3y View Post
    Why not go for a second-hand fitbit on eBay? There's loads of people who get them and then get bored and move on. Another thing to note is that if your daughter thinks it's a cheapo brand, she may not wear it. Kids are always brand conscious!
    Will see what I can find

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Have you contacted Fitbit - you never know they may replace it or offer a discount
    They offered 25% off RRP, however it’s still expensive when you compare other cheaper brands.

Thanks both

B

Craftsman
    Got the Mrs a Xiaomi Mi band 3, loves it at at around £30 for nothing. Works great with her iPhone 5 and water proof to boot.
    Cannot go wrong.
    Get them.off eBay or now Xiaomi have started selling direct in UK.

Fitness Tracker Recommendations Please

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Got the Mrs a Xiaomi Mi band 3, loves it at at around £30 for nothing. Works great with her iPhone 5 and water proof to boot.
    Cannot go wrong.
    Get them.off eBay or now Xiaomi have started selling direct in UK.
    That looks great, although the strap is a tad big (13mm), will see if I can find a smaller band.. Thanks
    Last edited by bomberman; 15th November 2018 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Thanks but bought the one above and collected today. Always the way. But thanks anyway.

B