closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 Trusted Checkout Fees

Craftsman

Chrono24 Trusted Checkout Fees

I've found a watch on Chrono24 i'm interested in so i messaged the seller. The price is listed on chrono24 and if i click "buy" it gives me the option of trusted checkout which C24 say is free for buyers to use. However, the seller, which is a bricks and mortar shop in Paris, says they will charge me 4% if i use trusted checkout. As the watch is near 6000€ 4% is quite a chunk.

Anyone used trusted checkout before and is it usual practice for the seller to add 4% ?

Today should TC be included at all professional sellers and already included in the price, so adding 4% is just bs.

Used trusted checkout few times in the last year or so...never paid this 4% or any other fees...

The seller is trying it on and recouping his listing fees.

If you go through the process I'm sure you only pay the advertised price, although there is nothing to stop the seller cancelling the deal. But if they start doing that then their reputation will soon take a battering.

Blog Entries
    As has been said they are trying it on just go through the TC process and if you get a problem deal with Chrono 24 not the seller but as also been said the seller could refuse to sell their loss.
    Of course you could pay them 4%provided they give you a 5% discount

But like extra fees for credit card transactions. Shouldn't exist according to the card companies, but then there is nothing they do about them.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    I clicked buy on the model I want to buy, within 10 minutes the seller cancelled the order saying the watch is no longer available, then listed it again straight away for an extra 200€. Email complaint to C24 I think

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    I clicked buy on the model I want to buy, within 10 minutes the seller cancelled the order saying the watch is no longer available, then listed it again straight away for an extra 200€. Email complaint to C24 I think
    That is very bad form. I would definitely send that email but unfortunately it is unlikely to have any impact.

Craftsman
    They should have factored the 4% into the original price so bad form on the sellers part. Sounds like you should stay clear from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk