closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Itchy feet

Itchy feet

Read a few posts lately about the right number of watches currently running with 4 that I sort of count and use.

AP ROC paul newman dial 39mm
    Rose gold rolex yachtmaster on rubber oysterflex
    Patek 5712
    Rolex Skydweller steel blue dial

Been thinking that 3 is the magic number and although really fond of all of them for different reasons I have been thinking about swapping in 2 for 1. Wife wont let me buy another either at the mo so this could all just be itchy feet syndrome.

Dont think I could part with the AP for sentimental reasons and the Patek was purchased at list and given where waiting lists are ad pricing I couldn't see myself getting another easily so thats probably a keeper.

So theoretically I could probably generate say £25k out of the rolexes to spend on another watch and leave me with 3.

I have quite liked having a rose gold watch but think thats because the yachtmaster is a bit more subtle than most although I have been looking at the new full rose GMT lately alot!!! just not sure I wouldn't look like a tit wearing one.

Anyway suggestions/thoughts on the idea or potential watches welcome in and around the budget (say £30k) if you bored waiting for the Bellew fight to start.

Or Am I just being stupid and should just sit tight for a while ?????

Cheers all.

GMT
    https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-ma...chnr-0001.html

Master
    Depends how much you like the Skydweller but that was what I chose. I got bored of waiting for the steel blue dial and was not prepared to pay the asking price on the grey market given that this was available for not a great deal more.

I think this is sufficiently different from the steel version, but that will be personal preference. I considered the GMT, but thought that it would probably be a short term choice and I wasn’t convinced I wanted a full gold bracelet - same with the day date.

There are also some nice Patek annual calendars and I especially like the 5205R with the black dial

Lovely that and yes totally agree - Have always liked the 5960 r and p

I suspect I am being impulsive as usual and should just wait for a while - who knows

Cheers

Master
    It’s on my hit list

Don’t think I stretch to the black dial

Luckily I prefer this one

@ 40k it’s a bit over budget but hey ho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinea pedis?

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

"AP ROC paul newman dial"

Is there such a thing...? Did Mr Newman ever wear an AP...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post

Is there such a thing...?
    I don't know, but I want one
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

If I were you I’d sell the two Rolex and get a Patek Aquanaut 5167r. That way you still get to have a rose gold watch within your collection. You should be able to get a discount from RRP so that would leave you with change from the £30k to get a Rolex SS Sub ND or something along those lines for occasions where you want to wear something that’s a bit less delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post

Is there such a thing...? Did Mr Newman ever wear an AP...?
    No re him wearing one it’s just what the dial has been labelled un officially of course. Sometimes heard it called panda dial as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    If I were you I’d sell the two Rolex and get a Patek Aquanaut 5167r. That way you still get to have a rose gold watch within your collection. You should be able to get a discount from RRP so that would leave you with change from the £30k to get a Rolex SS Sub ND or something along those lines for occasions where you want to wear something that’s a bit less delicate.
    Possibly a good shout although never tried one on....you’ve got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    It’s on my hit list

Don’t think I stretch to the black dial

Luckily I prefer this one

@ 40k it’s a bit over budget but hey ho.

Was looking at this last night. Sounds stupid but actually think it’s undervalued given where still non complicated sports watches are....

Craftsman
    What about a daytona 116515 LN, rose gold with black leather strap? Personally I'd probably try and get a used rose gold Vacheron Constantin overseas to complete the holy trinity.
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 11th November 2018 at 23:13.

Craftsman
    I would get a full rose day date 40!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    What about a daytona 116515 LN, rose gold with black leather strap? Personally I'd probably try and get a used rose gold Vacheron Constantin overseas to complete the holy trinity.
    Had a VC dual time and loved it but there is some debate over whether VC was Genta....

Thought you had athlete's foot when I saw the title lol

Have sort of ordered PP 5990 and PP5167r

Probs losing PP5712, yachtmaster and Skydweller for those 2

Thoughts ???

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Joe the toe posting about itchy feet, I was about to suggest athletes foot powder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    Have sort of ordered PP 5990 and PP5167r

Probs losing PP5712, yachtmaster and Skydweller for those 2

Thoughts ???
    It all depends on what number of watches you are really comfortable with and you can realistically wear and get the benefits from.

There is no doubt you have ordered two stunning watches, but the ones you are losing are also great watches. I own about 17 watches of which there are in reality 3 that get all the wrist time. So for me though as there is not a lot of money tied up in the other 14 they just stay for now. But should I find a 4th ‘expensive’ watch I’d lose 11 of the cheaper ones in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    It all depends on what number of watches you are really comfortable with and you can realistically wear and get the benefits from.

There is no doubt you have ordered two stunning watches, but the ones you are losing are also great watches. I own about 17 watches of which there are in reality 3 that get all the wrist time. So for me though as there is not a lot of money tied up in the other 14 they just stay for now. But should I find a 4th ‘expensive’ watch I’d lose 11 of the cheaper ones in a heartbeat.

It’s interesting I have 5 at the mo but one doesn’t really get warn as a dress watch and will prob just give to my daughter.

So 4 being rotated at the mo, feel 3 is the right number for me.

The biggest motivator is the fact I can get both at list so feels sensible as the SkyD and 5712 so over list it’s worrying. Would have thought trading out and into the other two a safer place to be. Like the idea of 3 rather than 4.

Aware this is a real first world problem but quite a quandary.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

It’s interesting I have 5 at the mo but one doesn’t really get warn as a dress watch and will prob just give to my daughter.

The biggest motivator is the fact I can get both at list so feels sensible as the SkyD and 5712 so over list it’s worrying. Would have thought trading out and into the other two a safer place to be. Like the idea of 3 rather than 4.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Cheers
    First world problem it may be. But you have worked hard to get the money to have these nice watches and you don’t get to keep that without looking after the money!
    I honestly think you have answered your own questions though you have said a few times now 3 feels right. And values seem to line up for you so go for it!