closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AD etiquette

AD etiquette

I was wondering about this as I heard someone on my commute talking about their gifts and hospitality register. Has anyone ever ‘thanked’ their AD for sorting them out with a piece they have been waiting for? And if so, would anyone be so transparent as to share how? I’ve never done so, but it got me wondering if i’m In the minority or majority. I suspect they have policies around this but are they flexible, taxable BiK’s etc?

Craftsman
    No. Apart from verbally at the time. A shop is a shop, the item is paid for.

I am a litle suprised, you are talking about giving a gift to a shopkeeper that you have just bought some-thing from?

Master
    Blog Entries
    With all the cctv in AD's it might look like I'm giving the saleman a back hander.

I usually just thank them and send an email to their head office.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Has anyone ever ‘thanked’ their AD for sorting them out with a piece they have been waiting for? And if so, would anyone be so transparent as to share how?
    Unless it was something relatively trivial, in which case why bother, it does look a little as though you are trying to ingratiate yourself. It's a bit tough as it might just be a genuine gesture but I'm not sure I'd do it.

As Carl.1 says, I suspect being pleasant and polite is as much as the shop staff want when dealing with customers.

Blog Entries
    I’ve had the reverse - got a nice bottle of Champagne from the dealership when buying my Explorer 1

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’ve had the reverse - got a nice bottle of Champagne from the dealership when buying my Explorer 1
    That is the right way round, a shop keeper looking after their customer.

Master
    I have. Few bottles of red and a box of choccies for the service desk...

They've been great with me. Wife's jewellery professionally cleaned free of charge. Waiver of some standard service charges. Invites to the 'Open' with Rolex, been out drinking with some of them and planning a boat trip for next season. Invite to big Rolex event last night, JLC event last month.
    Not to mention 1st DSSD, 20% off AP Diver, 1st SD4k, 1st SD43 & 1st Pepsi.

I see it as a 2-way relationship with a wonderful family owned & run business.

The wine and chocs aren't a bribe, just a way of giving a little back.

Perfume or even sexy undies for the women.

As i’ve said, I’ve never done it and it hasn’t crossed my mind until today. I think given these dealerships can essentially pick and choose who they give the desirable pieces too, if one is fortunate enough to pick one up, I was curious if giving some kind of ‘thanks’ is considered good etiquette or not.

I guess I don’t see any harm in it, especially at this time of year where perhaps the staff Christmas party could be supplemented. Agree, if good service is given the a letter to the boss or Head office i’m sure would be very much appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I have. Few bottles of red and a box of choccies for the service desk...

They've been great with me. Wife's jewellery professionally cleaned free of charge. Waiver of some standard service charges. Invites to the 'Open' with Rolex, been out drinking with some of them and planning a boat trip for next season. Invite to big Rolex event last night, JLC event last month.
    Not to mention 1st DSSD, 20% off AP Diver, 1st SD4k, 1st SD43 & 1st Pepsi.

I see it as a 2-way relationship with a wonderful family owned & run business.

The wine and chocs aren't a bribe, just a way of giving a little back.
    I agree with this. Relationships work both ways especially with family businesses.

Master
    When I bought my white-gold Daytona the AD sales woman asked if I wanted to put by head between them and go flubble, flubble, flubble. Of course I did!

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    When I bought my white-gold Daytona the AD sales woman asked if I wanted to put by head between them and go flubble, flubble, flubble. Of course I did!
    LOL, It’s good to give something back. She will have appreciated that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Name and shame the AD

Master
    I suppose the most obvious response is to show loyalty to them in future purchases. That's what any business aims for.....

Journeyman
    A small token gesture always goes a long way...

Thomas Reid
    A hand written "thank you" card.

Best wishes,
    Bob