closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead 2

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Yeah, that was particularly hilarious vignette, was about to open a can of whup-ass, and just watched it play out
    I’ve seen two vignettes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’ve seen two vignettes so far.
    Two for me too. I gunned ‘em down!

Master
    I love this game I killed those two incestuous people last night and it was so creepy but there is so much to discover I have so much more to explore, I am wanted dead or alive in Blackwater is there anyway I can lift this as when I went in the outskirts last night I was gunned down immediately :)

Blackwater is only accessible late in the game. I don't know when.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post

Anyone else come across the KKK in their travels?

I've seen them kill themselves putting up a cross haha

Another time there were loads around a fire in the woods at night, so I just threw in a stick of dynamite!

Last night I was massively taken by surprise when I walked into a shack and there was a grizzly bear in there waiting to pounce

I watched a UFO leave Earth and killed the incestuous couple today.

I did the gunslinger quest last night and it really amazed me at the scale and detail of the map! Only played the game a few hours so not that into it as yet. Trying to do some missions and unlock the satchel upgrades as I never have any room to carry anything!

One question, for the satchels you need 2-3 perfect skins - how do you store these? when ever I get a skin I have to hold it. can I just dump it somewhere safe and it will be there when I come back?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I did the gunslinger quest last night and it really amazed me at the scale and detail of the map! Only played the game a few hours so not that into it as yet. Trying to do some missions and unlock the satchel upgrades as I never have any room to carry anything!

One question, for the satchels you need 2-3 perfect skins - how do you store these? when ever I get a skin I have to hold it. can I just dump it somewhere safe and it will be there when I come back?

You stow them on the back of your steed mate then store them at a trapper

If you want to craft satchels you have to take the skins back to camp. My money worries are over now as I found 6 gold bars today, netting $3000 from a friendly fence.

thanks, so to craft I would leave them on the horse like you do when you turn in a carcass? I mean I still need to get a perfect kill first!

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    thanks, so to craft I would leave them on the horse like you do when you turn in a carcass? I mean I still need to get a perfect kill first!
    The trick to a perfect kill is finding a perfect animal. Study it before shooting. It must have 3 stars. For small animals use the bow or varmint rifle. For larger animals use the sniper rifle (if you have it). Once you have a perfect kill, skin the animal and store the pelt on your horse. You can store multiple small pelts (I’ve had 10) and one large pelt on the horse. Take the perfect pelt back to camp and donate it to Pearson. Assuming you have equipped him with leather working tools, you will then be able to get him to craft your upgraded satchels. I’m well into chapter 3 and haven’t bothered getting one yet. I’ve been concentrating on the legendary animals.

I'm currently working through the treasure maps I have. I've completed the High Stakes map and I'm now trying to crack the Sketched map, I know the location and I've found the first landmark but nothing else looks like it does on the map!

I'll get there in the end, hopefully without any help though, so no hints or advice thanks gents (and ladies)!

One piece of advice for new starters though, don't do what I did and wander around the map looting all the buildings you come across before you start the story because you may need to visit that building on a mission later! There's a mission I can't finish because I need to loot a guy's house of a certain value of stuff but because I already looted it previously there's not enough there!

Luckily I didn't need this mission to progress in the story but my early robbing may still come back to haunt me later on, so beware!

Craftsman
    I've spent the last 10 hours of the game just hunting and fishing for legendary animals/fish. I finally went back to camp last night and got some serious grief from Butch about being away and not contributing to the camp anymore:)

Regarding perfect pelts, if you kill the legendary buck and sell its antlers to a fence you can then buy the legendary buck trinket which gives you higher quality pelts (and parts) from animals.

Craftsman
    I found the legendary buck very elusive and when I eventually found it he did a runner and took a lot of tracking to finish off!

I got the white horse last night and the legendary bison on the way back! was a productive hour. Still on chapter 2 hardly done any of the main quest just want to get all the legendary animals and satchels upgrades first. Will do the satcel upgrades first, found a gold bar last night so can buy a springfield to kill the larger animals.

I had a robbery mission today which was profitable. I’m up to $5700 now. I got the legendary coyote and am currently working on getting some perfect pelts for the stachels.

Master
    Im still not up to RDR2 yet but a mate of mine keeps sending me YouTube links for hints! I'll be the last to play it at This rate.
    This is probably teaching grandma how to suck eggs, but if you hijack a train and stop it on a high bridge, law enforcement can't get anywhere near you so you can loot it at your leisure. Easy way to make $$$'s apparently.

After p***ing about for ages trying to find the last clue for the Legendary Elk I found it. I then found the Elk. I lined up my shot, only to get killed in a sneak attack by a cougar. Git!

The Legendary Cougar murdered me three times in a row before I gave up. I need to go back another time with a better plan.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    The Legendary Cougar murdered me three times in a row before I gave up. I need to go back another time with a better plan.
    Apparently when you die you lose 5% of your money. A 60 minute counter then starts. If you die again within 60 minutes you lose 7% then 12% then 15% then 20% for every subsequent death in the hour so it’s best to avoid repeated deaths.

Personally I’d carry the most powerful shotgun and blast the cougar, although I’ve never had much luck with normal cougars.

Craftsman

KKK

Anybody looking for them...they are in the woods near Rhodes at night. Killing the Eugenics guy in Saint D gets you karma.

Spent a few hours killing animals for the satchels, finding a 3 start racoon is proving to be very annoying. About half way done collecting pelts, one question how do you give them to be crafted? can you turn them in whenever and just sell them to the guy?

There is a annoying glitch / bug when I found a legendary animal, it just kept saying the area is to busy. Went around killing stuff and nothing, saved and loaded back same message. Went and did something else for a few hours and same message. Went back a few days later same message!!!

Also got a problem with cougars, I finally managed to kill one but my Springfield cant 1 shot it, so its dropped a crappy pelt.

You need to sell pelts to the trapper for him to use for crafting, either at his shop or one of his travelling locations. You need to donate pelts to Pearson for him to craft satchels. A single legendary pelt counts towards all legendary items it is used for. You need multiple perfect pelts to be able to craft all the items.

I’m really having trouble getting a perfect squirrel. I’ve crafted small animal arrows but they don’t seem to kill in one shot.

thanks so just donate them all to pearson and he wuill keep them for crafting. My horse has about 12 perfect pelts so don't want to lose them.

not tried the squirrel as yet, have you tried a varmint rifle

Only donate pelts to Pearson that are needed for the satchels. The rest go to the trapper. Have you found the trapper yet?

The varmint rifle is too powerful for squirrels. You have to use the bow and a crafted small game arrow to get a perfect kill.

Judging by what I've seen for sale on SC there are some dapper gents and ladies on this forum and also some who are rather challenged in a sartorial sense!

This made me curious about the fashion choices you've all made for your Red Dead alter-ego, so how about a pic of your Arthur Morgan (no, that's not a euphemism!).

Here's mine: (He looks a bit like Oddbod from Carry On Screaming here unfortunately!)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

managed to get all the animals apart from 1 elk and the cougar. Struggle to find the cougar, found it and it killed me then spent an hour running around without it again. Did kill the legendary buck in the area and a few bears etc.

My guy wears a white snow bison coat and another legendary white animals legs, cant remember which

Update 1.03 is out. I had to update the companion app as well to use that with the new version. The patch notes for the PS4 update are:

• Added support for Red Dead Online Beta.
    • Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
    • Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
    • Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.
    • Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
    • Added performance and stability improvements.
    • Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.
    • Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.

I’m off in the wilderness at the moment so can’t check to see if framerate has improved in towns.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 27th November 2018 at 19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Just sent Witcher 3 back to cex.com Wrung that one OUT!

Only 20 hrs into Skyrim so far (next on the slate)

I'll catch RedDead2 on the bounce, in a few hundred hours or so....
    I really enjoyed witcher 3 but... skyrim is a different level - I've played it through at least 3 times over 120 hours each game - just astounding. I've got it on the PSVR but the older graphics let it down a bit in vr. Enjoy.

I didn't enjoy the original game - the world it was in didn't do anything for me. Anyone else have similar issues with the first who have been won over by the scope/detail of the new game? - just wondering if it's worth going for.

I never played the first game but have been enthralled by this one. I am purposefully avoiding the missions so I can go exploring. The game doesn’t penalise you for it. I really like that the people you fight don’t get harder to kill, they just get better armed. That means you can always kill anyone with a good shot.

I never played the first game but have been enthralled by this one. I am purposefully avoiding the missions so I can go exploring. The game doesn’t penalise you for it. I really like that the people you fight don’t get harder to kill, they just get better armed. That means you can always kill anyone with a good shot.
    That's an interesting point - deals with the annoying 'levelling' issue you get with a lot of games. I think I'll give it a go, not least so see the shrinking horse testicles that I keep reading about...

Craftsman
    For legendary animal hunting an explosive arrow is all you need :)

The satchels become very easily available later in the game so imo it’s a waste of time hunting the pelts for pearson to craft them at camp

I’m enjoying hunting and exploring. The satchels are the reward. I like that you aren’t forced through the story and can take your time. Making the satchels isn’t a waste of time to me.

Craftsman
    I’m enjoying hunting and exploring. The satchels are the reward. I like that you aren’t forced through the story and can take your time. Making the satchels isn’t a waste of time to me.
    Who can make satchels, Pearson, a trapper or a fence?

I really wish they blended all of the above into one, rather than have to traipse around the map.

Pearson can make satchels. The trapper can make all other kit. The trapper is in 5 locations around the map. So far I’ve found 4. The fences can makes trinkets. I’ve found 4 fences around the map.

I am enjoying making the satchels, just the cougar to go and they will all be unlocked. I have hardly played the mission but doing these has shown me lots of the map and side quests and little encounters.

The reinforced gear is the hard one to do when you look into how much is needed to do.

There are secret messages scattered around the map. I found one in a mine. They can be entered as cheat codes.

Grand Master
    I am just moving from yellow mission to mission, is that not the best way!/?
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Pearson can make satchels. The trapper can make all other kit. The trapper is in 5 locations around the map. So far I’ve found 4. The fences can makes trinkets. I’ve found 4 fences around the map.
    It actually depends how far you are through the game. I got my satchels from a Fence

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    There is no best way as such. All the side missions are still available when you complete the story. It seems most people like to drag out the story to keep interest in the other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I prefer to take my time. You can go back to a yellow mission at any stage.

Craftsman
    Has anyone tried the online game yet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Has anyone tried the online game yet?
    Absolute chaos,seems to be buggy as hell as well.

Master
    I do love this game but at present I feel a bit lost as in the main story they have just gone off with that Indian tribe for a big battle, I want to discover so many things but I am just riding aimlessly around the map and not finding anything but I know there is loads to find like a little robot but how on earth do you find this stuff without looking it up online!

When I am on the map I check the map to see if there are any buildings nearby but often there aren't and so what do you do just wander?

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I do love this game but at present I feel a bit lost as in the main story they have just gone off with that Indian tribe for a big battle, I want to discover so many things but I am just riding aimlessly around the map and not finding anything but I know there is loads to find like a little robot but how on earth do you find this stuff without looking it up online!

When I am on the map I check the map to see if there are any buildings nearby but often there aren't and so what do you do just wander?
    I just wander about, that's half the fun

I am struggling a bit as I am wanted dead or alive in a huge area so I have to sneak about through trees avoiding towns etc which is a ballache

I’m now onto Chapter 4. I’m working through the first mission then plan to head off exploring again.

If you have a bounty, you can pay it off at any train station. It doesn’t have to be in the area you are wanted.

On the map question, I use the companion app on my iPad. It allows me to have the map open all the time. I can pan around it and zoom in and out whenever I want. It works brilliantly.

Master
    Ooh, didn’t realise there was a companion app!

<runs off to check it out immediately>

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Ooh, didn’t realise there was a companion app!

<runs off to check it out immediately>
    This is a great article about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/30/1...n-app-features

Hello

Sorely tempted, anyone found any offers for the PS4 version yet?