closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Dead 2

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Sorely tempted, anyone found any offers for the PS4 version yet?
    Rock Star games never drop much in price, just buy it! Next to Borderlands, it is the best of the genre I have ever played.

Just sold my Xbox one to fund this, Assassins Creed Odyssey and partially a new wireless headset. The other half's got me a one x bundle with Battlefield V on a Black Friday deal, but not allowed it till Xmas. Can't wait, this thread is killing me!!!!

Master
    Bought a PS4 Pro just to play this. The game is amazing, but if anything, it just reminded me how much console controllers suck for shooter games so I gave up on it.

Hopefully it will make its way onto PC so I can fully enjoy it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Bought a PS4 Pro just to play this. The game is amazing, but if anything, it just reminded me how much console controllers suck for shooter games so I gave up on it.

Hopefully it will make its way onto PC so I can fully enjoy it.
    I played shooters for years on a PC and for me I much prefer the PS4 controller for gaming including shooters :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I played shooters for years on a PC and for me I much prefer the PS4 controller for gaming including shooters :)
    To each his own. I can remember what each button does (although it is annoying having to press multiple button combinations to do basic stuff - I've found the weapons/item selection method especially annoying), but aiming with the joysticks is just awful, so I keep getting shot/robbed/mauled by random animals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    To each his own. I can remember what each button does (although it is annoying having to press multiple button combinations to do basic stuff - I've found the weapons/item selection method especially annoying), but aiming with the joysticks is just awful, so I keep getting shot/robbed/mauled by random animals.
    I know what you mean re pressing random buttons but you do adapt to the controller as like yourself I played shooters for years on the pc and loved the mouse/keyboard combo and I was wary of the controller as I thought it would be awful but I have been pleasantly surprised :)

I'm getting close to tracking down the serial killer, I have all three pieces of the map now I just have to follow it to find him (or her)Ö.

I've got the legendary elk so now have all the legendary animals from the first part of the game. The rest are either in the Blackwater area or not revealed until later.

I have a tip for the hunters out there. You can have up to 2 extra horses following you carrying large pelts. If you tame a horse you can ask it to follow you when you're on your main horse. It can carry a carcass or an elk, bison or bear pelt as well as other smaller pelts.

Iíve occasionally pressed the wrong button in a town and let a random shot off only to be banged up or shot dead for it. Been on it a while now and only 42% progress. Itís a long game or Iím missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

The Mrs bought me this for Xmas and I'm finding the controls annoying. After playing COD and other shooters for years it's difficult to remember the series of presses you needed to obtain certain items.
    Also seems very glitchy- had to restsart the entire train robbing level in the snow yesterday as I failed to step on the train immediately. If you don't someone steps in the doorway and you can't get up afterwards.
    Great game though.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Apologies if I've missed this in the thread,but for all of you Red Dead players,do you think it is suitable for a 14 year old to play?

Craftsman

Red Dead 2

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Apologies if I've missed this in the thread,but for all of you Red Dead players,do you think it is suitable for a 14 year old to play?
    I make video games for a living, so I have a pretty defensive view of this, which is that games are given certificates for a reason.

That said, there are specific categories of classification, and Iíd say the key ones for RDR2 are:

Swearing - thereís the occasional ďfuckĒ or similar. Most 14 year olds wouldnít be offended or impressed.

Violence: the gun battles are pretty tame in terms of detail, and you occasionally get a slo mo shot of someone with some blood coming out of his head or chest. Again, I donít think a 14 year old is going to suffer sleepless nights.

On the whole Iíd say itís fine for a 14 yo, with one notable exception.
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

Thereís a serial killer on the loose, and heís left a few bodies around in a pretty sorry state. The first time I saw one of these I was somewhat taken aback. A 14yo boy *might* not have seen anything like that before.

Oh, and thereís a fair amount of sexual content, but itís mostly insinuated and not particularly graphic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I make video games for a living, so I have a pretty defensive view of this, which is that games are given certificates for a reason.

That said, there are specific categories of classification, and Iíd say the key ones for RDR2 are:

Swearing - thereís the occasional ďfuckĒ or similar. Most 14 year olds wouldnít be offended or impressed.

Violence: the gun battles are pretty tame in terms of detail, and you occasionally get a slo mo shot of someone with some blood coming out of his head or chest. Again, I donít think a 14 year old is going to suffer sleepless nights.

On the whole Iíd say itís fine for a 14 yo, with one notable exception.
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

Thereís a serial killer on the loose, and heís left a few bodies around in a pretty sorry state. The first time I saw one of these I was somewhat taken aback. A 14yo boy *might* not have seen anything like that before.

Oh, and thereís a fair amount of sexual content, but itís mostly insinuated and not particularly graphic.
    I agree with the comments above and I think it would be perfectly fine for a 14 year old

Craftsman
    One thing which I completely forgot about is skinning animals. The process is portrayed pretty graphically and frequently.
    Again though, I suspect the average 14yo sees much worse on YouTube on the bus to school.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    ok..ta for the replies.