closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead 2

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Is that with PS4 or Xbox?
    I’m on a PS4 and don’t need to use PSN to play RDR2.

I’m Just over a week playing this now (approx 1hr play time a day). Enjoying it so far and haven’t been back to battlefield 1 since getting this. About 20% complete. Haven’t managed to catch the white horse yet, have tried twice now! Think this could keep me busy for some time to come...

Not as good as the Last of us though IMO.

Looking forward to getting this eventually. Not a big gamer, but used to love oblivion on the 360. Dusted the console off recently for the kids, got them a few lego games and disney infinity, enjoyed them myself, only for it to get the red ring of death. So looking at getting an xbox one, found a good deal at smyths, one s minecraft pack (for the kids), extra controller and red dead 2 £250. Thought I'd wait for black Friday but same deal has just gone up to over £300, probably to be reduced back to £250 as a black friday bargain, cheeky buggers

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Looking forward to getting this eventually. Not a big gamer, but used to love oblivion on the 360. Dusted the console off recently for the kids, got them a few lego games and disney infinity, enjoyed them myself, only for it to get the red ring of death. So looking at getting an xbox one, found a good deal at smyths, one s minecraft pack (for the kids), extra controller and red dead 2 £250. Thought I'd wait for black Friday but same deal has just gone up to over £300, probably to be reduced back to £250 as a black friday bargain, cheeky buggers
    If you’re buying a console just to play RDR2 you should be looking at the XBox One X (I have a PS4 Pro). It’s the only console with native 4K support. Take a look at this video to see the differences in image quality and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    If you’re buying a console just to play RDR2 you should be looking at the XBox One X (I have a PS4 Pro). It’s the only console with native 4K support. Take a look at this video to see the differences in image quality and performance.

Agree it looks nicer, but can't justify an extra £200 for the console, not when it will be used on a 32in 720 tv

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Cheers I will have a look, the tedious bit I referred to is the riding to and fro the camps and towns to follow the story, I much prefer the exploring
    There's what looks like some kind of sundial at the top of the mountain but there wasn't anything else there, I'm thinking of popping back at sunrise or sunset to see if it's any different then.

If you do get bored on the descent though, there's an O'Driscoll farm nearby, you can see it from the top, so you can head over there and blast a few bad guys to restart the adrenaline!

Ordered a copy yesterday, it does look good. Hopefully some time to play tonight. I only have a xbox 360, really need to get a X at some point.

Journeyman
    I am playing this (and Forza horizon 4) at the moment .. really enjoying it so far, I need to give it more time..

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Ordered a copy yesterday, it does look good. Hopefully some time to play tonight. I only have a xbox 360, really need to get a X at some point.
    Do you mean you have a old xbox one? It won't play on a 360 will it?

RDR2 is only available for XBox One and PS4.

Do you mean you have a old xbox one? It won't play on a 360 will it?

sorry yes I have a xbox one,

Journeyman
    Game of the year, fantastic, so many side missions to distract you.

Master

Red Dead 2

I know nothing of this gaming lark my youngest had just received this yesterday.

£175.00 FFS well it’s his cash I just don’t understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    £175.00 FFS well it’s his cash I just don’t understand it.
    As he looks down and checks the time haha

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    As he looks down and checks the time haha
    I resemble that remark.

Craftsman
    I'm several hours in and loving it. I'm really enjoying the slow pace. I spent the last 5 or 6 hours of the game just fishing and hunting.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    I'm several hours in and loving it. I'm really enjoying the slow pace. I spent the last 5 or 6 hours of the game just fishing and hunting.
    Me too, I'm trying to get a load more crafted items made. I find snakes the hardest to find and then killing them perfectly is difficult - I need 10 to make a new saddle haha

I was wrestling to land a fish yesterday for over 20 solid minutes then the line snapped - I was fumming. Then attempted for the 3rd time to catch the white arabian horse which bucked me off again and scarpered

I’ve been trying to track the legendary buck. The mechanic for legendary animals isn’t the greatest. i kept on getting the message that there was too much activity in the area to track it. There was no indication how to resolve this. I’ve gone away and come back a couple of times and am not getting the trigger message to track it. On the plus side I have got a few perfect hides during the time I’ve been waiting.

Journeyman
    I’ve been trying to track the legendary buck. The mechanic for legendary animals isn’t the greatest. i kept on getting the message that there was too much activity in the area to track it. There was no indication how to resolve this. I’ve gone away and come back a couple of times and am not getting the trigger message to track it. On the plus side I have got a few perfect hides during the time I’ve been waiting.
    Theres a bandit camp nearby, clean that out first, then keep trying, it eventually spawned

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    Me too, I'm trying to get a load more crafted items made. I find snakes the hardest to find and then killing them perfectly is difficult - I need 10 to make a new saddle haha

I was wrestling to land a fish yesterday for over 20 solid minutes then the line snapped - I was fumming. Then attempted for the 3rd time to catch the white arabian horse which bucked me off again and scarpered
    get the legendary buck trinket from the fence after getting the buck, gives better pelts. you can get perfect pelts from some 2 star animals and more leeway on the kill shot

the arabian, if you pull left stick all the way back then the direction the horse turns it is much easier to break.

no help on the fish, i get the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Theres a bandit camp nearby, clean that out first, then keep trying, it eventually spawned
    I’ll give that a go. I did approach the ranch but thought better of engaging them. I want to get the buck so I can craft the trinket from it.

I took down all the O’Driscolls at their ranch today using my sniper rifle. I also found the legendary wolf. Before I could kill it, it attacked a passing horse rider who shot it for me. I was still able to harvest the pelt and delivery it to the trapper along with a selection of other pelts. I also had a gang launch a flaming wagon across the road at me then attack me and I found a crashed train in a ravine which gave me a gold bar. There’s so much depth to this game.

I took down all the O’Driscolls at their ranch today using my sniper rifle. I also found the legendary wolf. Before I could kill it, it attacked a passing horse rider who shot it for me. I was still able to harvest the pelt and delivery it to the trapper along with a selection of other pelts. I also had a gang launch a flaming wagon across the road at me then attack me and I found a crashed train in a ravine which gave me a gold bar. There’s so much depth to this game.
    Erm two gold bars lol

Erm two gold bars lol
    Guess I'll be making the long trek back from St Denis then :)

Guess I'll be making the long trek back from St Denis then :)
    I don't think I could be arsed to climb that ledge again for one gold bar

Master
    Has anyone come across that incestuous couple who live in a remote place and invite you in for drinks and food then it all goes horribly wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Has anyone come across that incestuous couple who live in a remote place and invite you in for drinks and food then it all goes horribly wrong!
    I dunno, but this was the ad next to your post and it did make me chuckle, incest, fun

Master
    I dunno, but this was the ad next to your post and it did make me chuckle, incest, fun

Haha fantastic :)

I don't think I could be arsed to climb that ledge again for one gold bar
    I went back to get it and hunted down the legendary bear. After a quick trip to find some treasure and a visit to the trapper I killed the legendary beaver and visited a fence. The trip back to get the bar was worth $500 which let me buy a lot of gear from the trapper and recipes from a fence.

I went back to get it and hunted down the legendary bear. After a quick trip to find some treasure and a visit to the trapper I killed the legendary beaver and visited a fence. The trip back to get the bar was worth $500 which let me buy a lot of gear from the trapper and recipes from a fence.
    The strange statues is worth a look for 3 gold bars, also in a shack on the trail above Annesburg there is an easy to find treasure map hidden in the fireplace that gets you a bit more gold

I can't believe the scale of this game, I am sure there is stuff to be had in the Annesburg mines but my god are the reluctant to let you in!

I have no idea how anyone can find the dinosaur bones and rock carvings without looking it up. So far the only thing I’ve learned about was catching the white horse and how to rob a train. I’ve been trying to do as much as I can from the maps you find.

Master
    Loving this game so far. Im about 55% through. I’ve got about $7500 dollars in the bank at the moment so pretty easy to buy what I need and pay my bounties.

I have no idea how anyone can find the dinosaur bones and rock carvings without looking it up. So far the only thing I’ve learned about was catching the white horse and how to rob a train. I’ve been trying to do as much as I can from the maps you find.
    I must admit to having some help from a work colleague with the statues bit but pretty much everything else has been through playing/exploring, someone else said the treasure maps can't be read but I am proof they can with enough time spent/wasted

I’ve only been playing it a week and I was a bit apprehensive about buying it what with all the hype, but it’s amazing. Got to be the best game I’ve played this year

I’m about 20% in with countless hours played, the PS4 doesn’t seem to show time played, unless someone can show me otherwise:-) although it is the reason I’m awake this late lol

Craftsman
    I finally broke the white Arabian horse...only for it to get spooked by a wolf 5 seconds later and took us both off a small cliff and killed itself!

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I finally broke the white Arabian horse...only for it to get spooked by a wolf 5 seconds later and took us both off a small cliff and killed itself!
    The horse will regenerate after a couple of days for you to try to catch it again.

Craftsman

Boy; you gots a purty mouth.

Stopped to check out a hanged man...killed by a hillbilly with a frying pan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Yes! Very, very wrong. I slaughtered them both and burned the house/bodies for good measure.

Now playing F76...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    Yes! Very, very wrong. I slaughtered them both and burned the house/bodies for good measure.

Now playing F76...
    I haven't actually found where they live yet but I saw it online but crikey how on earth will I find where they live as the map is huge :)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post

Now playing F76...
    Did you get all the money before you burned the house!?!?!

When exploring a barn I saw a dead guy and sheep together. The chap had his trousers around his ankles. Both him and the sheep were dressed in wedding attire. Managed to loot a gold ring too. Mental game lol!

PSA that incest quest is at a Pig Farm north of Emerald Station

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    When exploring a barn I saw a dead guy and sheep together. The chap had his trousers around his ankles. Both him and the sheep were dressed in wedding attire. Managed to loot a gold ring too. Mental game lol!

PSA that incest quest is at a Pig Farm north of Emerald Station
    Excellent, keep those tips coming guys. I am just a few hours into it and so far I seem to be riding round upsetting people, getting into a gunfight then getting killed by bounty hunters!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I haven't got it, but I feel like I've played it as I've watched TheRadBrad play the story through on YouTube (65 episodes !)

:-|

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Excellent, keep those tips coming guys. I am just a few hours into it and so far I seem to be riding round upsetting people, getting into a gunfight then getting killed by bounty hunters!!
    I don't want to start posting spoilers but just wanted to let you know that there's money to be had from this little vignette at the pig farm but it seems that the amount depends on when you do it, so you might be best to leave this particular one for later in the game, I can't explain why without telling you too much more about what happens.....

I did it early and didn't get much money but I also didn't get to kill the pair, so I'm wondering if I can revisit again later for more cash!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    I’m Just over a week playing this now (approx 1hr play time a day). Enjoying it so far and haven’t been back to battlefield 1 since getting this. About 20% complete. Haven’t managed to catch the white horse yet, have tried twice now! Think this could keep me busy for some time to come...

Not as good as the Last of us though IMO.

Trying to catch that white horse drove me crazy. I gave up in the end, rode to Saint-Denis and just purchased the Black Arabian for $1050 - I'm led to believe it is just as good

I've had a good evening. I finally caught the legendary lake sturgeon and have fully upgraded the camp. I've never seen an expensive horse for sale at Saint Denis. I wonder if that's because I have the white Arabian.

I'm going to continue my spell of hunting for a bit then I may go looking for treasure. I'm leaving the story for a bit so as to not rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGeorge View Post
    Trying to catch that white horse drove me crazy. I gave up in the end, rode to Saint-Denis and just purchased the Black Arabian for $1050 - I'm led to believe it is just as good
    I caught it in the end. Sneaking up on it was useless, I chased it on horseback and lassoed it. Well chuffed!

General question - I cannot see the location, St Denis on the map. Is there something that I need to complete to unlock it?

Anyone else come across the KKK in their travels?

St Denis is in the South East corner of the map. You just need to go there to unlock it.

St Denis is in the South East corner of the map. You just need to go there to unlock it.
    Ok, thanks. Will have another look for it.

Master

Red Dead 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Anyone else come across the KKK in their travels?
    Yeah, that was particularly hilarious vignette, was about to open a can of whup-ass, and just watched it play out