closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor GMT on small wrists (and V Pelagos)

Master

Tudor GMT on small wrists (and V Pelagos)

Having moved my Tudor BB58 on I may have room for another Tudor in the collection and am thinking of having a look at the new GMT. For those who own this and have small wrists can you comment on how it wears? I have a Tudor Pelagos which to me feels and looks great but am interested to know what the GMT is like which is heavier and slightly thicker. If there are people who have experience with both models it would be interesting to hear how differently they wear on the wrist.

Many thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They wear very similarly imho. Sure the gmt is a bit heavier but for me it’s not noticeable. The main difference in terms of wearing them is the bracelet on each, specifically the clasp. If you don’t get the perfect fit on the gmt then the extra weight can mean the head moves around a little. I wear bracelets snug and not loose so it doesn’t affect me but worth noting.

Rusty

I have both and confirm they wear very similarly. The Pelagos is the heaviest Ti watch I own, and the BB GMT is not a monster of weight, so compares well.
    Plus, the only bit that makes the BB taller is the very slight domed edge on the crystal, in terms of height from base to the front of the bezel, the Pelagos is actually thicker.
    Dave

Journeyman
    I have quite small wrists and I feel the GMT wears well. Its a little on the thick side, but I got used to it after a day or two.

I have tried on the pelagos on a few occasions and if you disregard the weight difference the GMT looks and feels like a smaller watch even though it's thicker

Master
    Thanks Rusty, that’s good to know and not something I had considered. When I wear my speedy pro moonwatch on the bracelet I don’t get the best fit and it flops around so the GMT with a bit more heft could be quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Thanks Rusty, that’s good to know and not something I had considered. When I wear my speedy pro moonwatch on the bracelet I don’t get the best fit and it flops around so the GMT with a bit more heft could be quite annoying.
    Easy solution perfect fit guaranteed

i find the bracelet fits fine - the three micro should be enough to secure a good fit. Let us know how you get on

This is a question I've been pondering recently, especially with no GMTs around to try one on.

My gut has hitherto told me that nigh-on 15mm in height is just too much (my usual daily wearers are a 16610 and a 3570.50). But I regularly used to wear an MM300, which I loved, and that's pretty much the same dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    This is a question I've been pondering recently, especially with no GMTs around to try one on.

My gut has hitherto told me that nigh-on 15mm in height is just too much (my usual daily wearers are a 16610 and a 3570.50). But I regularly used to wear an MM300, which I loved, and that's pretty much the same dimensions.
    And double the weight

Master
    Thanks for the comments so far. Seeing as GMT’s aren’t readily available yet I will go and try on BB41 to see how it feels. I was ok with the ETA version so hopefully the few extra mm thickness will be ok.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post

It may not be immediately apparent but the Speedy Pro height is 14mm so sits on the wrist as high as the BB GMT. The case design of the Omega makes it to look thinner.

The bottom side of the BB GMT lugs is chamfered so when looked from the side the case appears thinner than the new BB with in-house movement.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I think you'll be absolutely fine Michael, especially if you were ok with the ETA version in the past. There's no denying the GMT is a chunky watch with a bit of weight to it but on the wrist it somehow manages to hide most of its bulk which is a pretty neat trick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    It may not be immediately apparent but the Speedy Pro height is 14mm so sits on the wrist as high as the BB GMT. The case design of the Omega makes it to look thinner.

The bottom side of the BB GMT lugs is chamfered so when looked from the side the case appears thinner than the new BB with in-house movement.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    I would say it wears noticeably bigger than the speedy pro, it is a large watch, try before purchase would be my recommendation.
    It is a lovely watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I would say it wears noticeably bigger than the speedy pro, it is a large watch, try before purchase would be my recommendation.
    It is a lovely watch.
    I agree with you, just came back from an AD where I tried a Black Bay Red on and it seemed much larger than the speedy pro I had with me. Having said that though the large slab side wasn’t as bad as I remember and was actually ok on the wrist. Now to hunt a GMT down (or even think about a harrods).

I’d like to see what a Tudor GMT the size of a BB58 would be like...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    I agree with you, just came back from an AD where I tried a Black Bay Red on and it seemed much larger than the speedy pro I had with me. Having said that though the large slab side wasn’t as bad as I remember and was actually ok on the wrist. Now to hunt a GMT down (or even think about a harrods).
    I may be able to help, my friend has one on order which has been delayed because of the date issue.
    He have now bought one from another source.
    Watch is to be collected from Oxford street London in October, if you wish you could/ can meet whilst collecting and purchase. Price would be rrp plus £100 (reason being two journeys at 70 miles each to pay for in advance and collection) if you find the watch is not for you for what ever reason no problem.
    If interested let me know.

Master
    I may be able to help, my friend has one on order which has been delayed because of the date issue.
    Watch is to be collected from Oxford street London in October, if you wish you could/ can meet whilst collecting and purchase. Price would be rrp plus £100 (reason being two journeys at 70 miles each to pay for in advance and collection) if you find the watch is not for you for what ever reason no problem.
    Sahara, very kind offer and I’m definitely interested. Can you PM me...You are unable to receive PM’s for some reason.

Thanks
    Mike

Thanks for the comments so far. Seeing as GMT’s aren’t readily available yet I will go and try on BB41 to see how it feels. I was ok with the ETA version so hopefully the few extra mm thickness will be ok.

Just bear in mind the GMT wears a bit slimmer than the 41s

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Did you get sorted, watch is now here.
    Last edited by Sahara; 7th November 2018 at 23:40.

I felt the black bays to be abit on the thick side for what they are.

Blog Entries
    I'll let you know how the GMT fits next week!