closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best Value Dedicated Server?

Journeyman

Best Value Dedicated Server?

What're the current recommended sites to get dedicated server hosting from?

Have used kimisurf for my current and previous. My current package 2TB is now €7.99 a month, with 4TB being €13.99 a month + VAT, which is less than the €15.99 + VAT that I'm currently paying.

I use this for my Plex Media Server, sharing media with my family. Assume that as there are a few techy people on here, that someone can hopefully flag up a bargain that I'm missing.

Journeyman
    Not sure what hardware is included in those prices but is indeed extremely cheap. I've used hetzner for many years until I moved all my stuff on AWS. I think their "server auction" page is especially interesting if you're looking for something on the cheap: https://www.hetzner.com/sb

I understand why kimisufi might be tempting but I'd rather pay a bit more for decent hardware (eg 2xhdd/ssd) and proper support but it depends on what you're doing with the server and what are your requirements. However, for something similar to kimisufi, there's online.net, scaleway.com and aruba.it but I haven't used any of them, just heard about them so YMMV.

Master
    2TB of storage? Or transfer? That does indeed seem very good value.

It's indeed 2TB of storage, for a media center it might me worth it, the bigger cap i see is the 100Mbps transfer rate.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshpress View Post
    Not sure what hardware is included in those prices but is indeed extremely cheap. I've used hetzner for many years until I moved all my stuff on AWS. I think their "server auction" page is especially interesting if you're looking for something on the cheap: https://www.hetzner.com/sb

I understand why kimisufi might be tempting but I'd rather pay a bit more for decent hardware (eg 2xhdd/ssd) and proper support but it depends on what you're doing with the server and what are your requirements. However, for something similar to kimisufi, there's online.net, scaleway.com and aruba.it but I haven't used any of them, just heard about them so YMMV.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I've used kimisufi for a few years, and they're great for my needs. Just wondering whether there is any better value out there, but it looks like I may be with the best value anyway.