closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Man wants to change his age:-

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Man wants to change his age:-

Great story, I wonder if he’s having a laugh at the expense of multiculturalism/political correctness/lbgt etc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hange-age.html

Made me laugh anyway!

Hello

How ridiculous.

Let’s hope the authorities throw this out of court. Entirely up to him if he wants to purport to be 20 years younger on Tinder and for jobs.

Just not for any legal identity documents and travel. Could also invalidate insurance paperwork if he changes his DOB himself.

Still if he wants to waste his money in court costs and lawyers fees.

A Dutch idiot. He'd fit in well here.
    F.T.F.A.

I am encouraged by this growing culture of self identification and classification.

I am seriously considering applying to have my height changed.

Despite my physical height being 5'6" I have long identified as being 6'4" and it looks as though I now stand a good chance of not only having this officially acknowledged but being able to take legal action against anyone who says that it isn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    How ridiculous.

Let’s hope the authorities throw this out of court. Entirely up to him if he wants to purport to be 20 years younger on Tinder and for jobs.

Just not for any legal identity documents and travel. Could also invalidate insurance paperwork if he changes his DOB himself.

Still if he wants to waste his money in court costs and lawyers fees.
    I’m hoping he wins.

I’d like to reduce my bald patch legally, and lose weight by de-poll.

I identify as George Clooney.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    He sure is. Long-time attention seeker/failed clown. I for sure don’t identify with him. I hope you didn’t have me in mind, comparing that former fish-n-chips seller with the Dutch in general

Grand Master
    I can relate to this, I fancy changing my date of birth.

Since I turned 60 last January I’ve become very age- concious, It’s affected my state of mind and I dwell on tha fact that I’m on the brink of being properly old rather than middle- agd. I was very comfortable being a 50-something, psychologically that’s where I belong.........changing my date of birth would solve this for a few years, If I changed it I’d soon frget I’d changed it and would truly believe I was 50-something again.

Best idea I’ve seen for a while! I’ll get wifey’s changed too, she could do with being a bit younger

Blog Entries
    Berlusconi used to do that, every time before an election. His physician (a University of Milan Professor) used to declare at interviews that Mr B’s physical age was 20 yrs less than birth age. He also got his scalp tatooed so not to show skin through thinning hair.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    He sure is. Long-time attention seeker/failed clown. I for sure don’t identify with him. I hope you didn’t have me in mind, comparing that former fish-n-chips seller with the Dutch in general

Most certainly not! It's not the fact he's Dutch, but the fact he's an idiot.
    F.T.F.A.

Fantastic, I hope he sets the legal precedent.

If he does, I'm going to identify myself as a cat so I can walk around naked and sh!t in Kingstepper's garden.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Most certainly not! It's not the fact he's Dutch, but the fact he's an idiot.
    Good to hear/read. We should get a beer together when one of us is in the neighbourhood!

That guy Emile used to have a very successful fish-n-chips franchise in Arnhem (Market Garden town). He always had some sort of 'act' to get people to his shops. He then changed his attention to NLP-ish coaching. He more or less invented the fact that he himself could be 'branded', calling himself 'positivity guru'. Things went south when he beat up/molested his wife. He was accused, trailed and sentenced for that (So much for NLP and positivity...). Since then, he tries to get back into the limelights - and some attempts are surely pathetic.

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post

If he does, I'm going to identify myself as a cat so I can walk around naked and sh!t in Kingstepper's garden.

We'll have to get you neutered.

Blog Entries
    I have an IQ of 44, but identify as a genius.
    (self reported IQ of 156)

I will now petition to have that recognised.

Mr D Trump.
    Last edited by zelig; 7th November 2018 at 20:03.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I can relate to this, I fancy changing my date of birth.
    I hear that user name walkerwek1978 is available? Job done!

Master
    Well, 50 year ago who would have thought that there would be anything as ridiculous as being able to change from a man to a woman on a whim?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    We'll have to get you neutered.
    Ha, didn't think of that. In this case, I'll be animal fluid
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Well, 50 year ago who would have thought that there would be anything as ridiculous as being able to change from a man to a woman on a whim?
    On a whim? Not quite true is it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Drop of a hat?

Quote Originally Posted by billymac View Post
    Drop of a hat?
    More like years of living as the desired sex with dozens of psychiatric evaluations etc?

Rob

Master
    More like years of living as the desired sex with dozens of psychiatric evaluations etc?

Rob
    Really? Where have you been living for the last few years? Or do you have a personal experience to share?

Really? Where have you been living for the last few years? Or do you have a personal experience to share?
    I know someone who did this, it isn’t done on a whim, especially on the NHS!

Rob

Master
    I know someone who did this, it isn’t done on a whim, especially on the NHS!

Rob
    How naive are you? There are cases of genuine gender dysmorphia but they are rare. You cannot change the genetic make-up you were born with, that is an irrefutable fact, regardless of what drugs, hormones, surgery or anything else. If you were born a man you always will be a man whatever you chop off or add on. The majority of so-called transgenderism is a matter of choice (and yes, whim) and in some cases a matter of something very sinister:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8072431.html

Master
    Car insurance for a 24 year old man is way too expensive.

Can I identify as a 50 year old woman with a 30 year clean driving record?

How naive are you? There are cases of genuine gender dysmorphia but they are rare. You cannot change the genetic make-up you were born with, that is an irrefutable fact, regardless of what drugs, hormones, surgery or anything else. If you were born a man you always will be a man whatever you chop off or add on. The majority of so-called transgenderism is a matter of choice (and yes, whim) and in some cases a matter of something very sinister:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8072431.html
    I agree that ‘self-identification’ shouldn’t be allowed, but the process of gender reassignment on the NHS is long and pretty painful. Why are you so determined to shoot someone that points out that you can’t truly change gender ‘at the drop of a hat’?

As above, I agree that you shouldn’t be allowed to roll up at the YWCA dressed in a suit and tie and say”I’m a lady, let me in”, but I will repeat that gender reassignment isn’t something to go mocked or denigrated for a ‘lads giggle’, should it?

Blog Entries
    This man would bask in the attention he's getting here. He would even turn the postings with opinions and philosophical thoughts here on the forum into 'facts' saying to the judge: "See, I'm not the only person!" As a positivity guru he would claim that he's changing the world's thoughts about age, beginning on a UK watch-related forum. Or words like that.

The discussion here is -as always- interesting and it offers lots of views about how to look upon this matter. But please do not give this man credit for it.

M.

Master
    I agree that ‘self-identification’ shouldn’t be allowed, but the process of gender reassignment on the NHS is long and pretty painful. Why are you so determined to shoot someone that points out that you can’t truly change gender ‘at the drop of a hat’?

As above, I agree that you shouldn’t be allowed to roll up at the YWCA dressed in a suit and tie and say”I’m a lady, let me in”, but I will repeat that gender reassignment isn’t something to go mocked or denigrated for a ‘lads giggle’, should it?
    So why should I and other tax-payers have to fork out for some pensioner (possibly a sex-offender/paedophile) who is perhaps fed up with being a man and/or fancies the thrill of hanging around in female changing areas. If you don't think this is a valid argument then you know nothing about sex offenders, I do, read up on it.
    The protection of children has been an important factor in every agency for many years now as it should be. This unquestioning acceptance of self identification has become imo a charter for potential mass abuse of women and children.
    As for giggling, to see some six foot plus creature built like a 'brick sh*thouse', hands like shovels and a huge adams apple mincing around in a frock and heels.................

Being Dutch I can assure you he is a total nutcase

I'd be quite happy to be 60 again!

Blog Entries

Can I identify myself as 5 years older please? I missed out on an over 60s bus pass when the rules changed and have to wait until I'm 66 now. I can affect a stoop and limp if that will help.
    F.T.F.A.

It'd likewise be a boon for all those poor devils, mainly females from what I've read, who've been diddled out of their pensions for an extra year or two.
    Last edited by Passenger; 9th November 2018 at 12:03.

Can I identify myself as 5 years older please? I missed out on an over 60s bus pass when the rules changed and have to wait until I'm 66 now. I can affect a stoop and limp if that will help.

One of the benefits of living in the great metropolis is that at the age of 60 you are eligible for a 'Freedom Pass' which allows free bus, tube, tram, DLR, London overground and TfL rail travel at any time within the Greater London area.

Im due mine next year.

There's a chap in the broadcast media up here who was in the year behind me all through secondary school.

Imagine my surprise when I heard him state his age on air & discovered that he must have been a boy genius as he claimed to be five years younger than me; that's four years younger than his actual age, indicating that he left primary school at seven years old...
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    Being Dutch I can assure you he is a total nutcase
    MarkO20 are you the 20 year younger version of me or the 20 year older version - I get confused with all the time travel we have done.

If you see MarkO's one through ninteen say hi .

Blog Entries
    Did you call me?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Did you see him on Piers Morgan's Good Morning ...'? Foul language et all. As we (Mark020 and myself already wrote - in so many words: a pathetic man)

M

Did you see him on Piers Morgan's Good Morning ...'? Foul language et all. As we (Mark020 and myself already wrote - in so many words: a pathetic man)

M
    We all agree on that. But what do you think of Ratelband?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post

As a psych.... this is already a thing I sh!t you not!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    MarkO20 are you the 20 year younger version of me or the 20 year older version - I get confused with all the time travel we have done.

If you see MarkO's one through ninteen say hi .
    020 is Amsterdam :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Did you call me?
    Nope. Me :-)

Blog Entries
    Ratelband is an absolute F...ing idiot.
    He'd fry his dick on telly if that would bring him in the spotlight again.

I've seen him once live, early nineties, when he earned shedloades of money giving "peptalks" hired by big(gish) companies.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

The dick thing is true

No, he meant to write quim.

A Dutch court didn't agree with that man Ratelband changing his age. Dutch members here already mentioned the man's mental state. Well, he lost the case. Court's decision in English:

https://www.rechtspraak.nl/Organisat...-of-birth.aspx

Ratelband, 69, told he cannot legally change his age

Emile Ratelband, still aged 69, wanted to change his birth date by 20 years to avoid what he called discrimination.

"We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.

But the court disagreed, highlighting that many rights in law are based on a person's age, and changing it at will could cause many problems.

There was no legal basis to make such a change, it said.

"Mr Ratelband is at liberty to feel 20 years younger than his real age and to act accordingly," the judges said, but changing his legal documents would have "undesirable legal and societal implications"...

No surprise really...I wonder if he can / will appeal?

Blog Entries
    He's a fool. Again he has gained free publicity. Just like the time he was sentenced for beating up his wife.