closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cost of Servicing a Tag Heuer Link with Tag Heuer Service Center UK

Journeyman

Question Cost of Servicing a Tag Heuer Link with Tag Heuer Service Center UK

First post here and invertibility it's a question

I'm thinking of picking with up a Tag Heuer Link CJF2114 that while in good condition needs a service and polish for it to be pristine.

Before I purchase the watch I was wondering if anyone has sent a similar watch off to the UK Tag Heuer Service Center for the same work and can give me an estimate of the price?

The watch is a caliber 16 moment (based on Valjoux 7750). So if you have sent a chronograph Carrera to Tag for the same work the price would be similar.

Thanks,

OxO

Master
    expect to pay around £350 and a refurb wont come as standard. Personally I'd go with a well respected independent

Master
    Asked for my carrera last week and it was £400! Also they said the watchmaker is on holiday so would only get it back after Christmas !!

Makes a Rolex service look cheap !

Journeyman
    Thanks, guys. Just checked the Tag service main page and a refurb is not included in a standard service. Must be extra.

I checked with a well regarded Indy in Dublin and was quoted €500 for the same work on my Speedmaster triple date (same movement ~£440). I was quoted €750 for the same work from an Omega AD.

With prices like these, I might just send it to Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I had one and they're pile of crap and TAG service centre are rubbish and they will ripp you off. Lesson learnt! Never again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’ve had five or six including both calibre 36 models (el primero movement) and found them to be excellent watches.

I’ve just sold my last one (black dialled calibre 36) due to my ageing eyesight. I would have definitely kept it otherwise.

I can’t comment about Tag service centre as mine went to Genesis for servicing.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I had one and they're pile of crap and TAG service centre are rubbish and they will ripp you off. Lesson learnt! Never again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    They are not a pile of crap! I’ve worked on several TAG watches over the years and I’ve usually been impressed.

I’ve heard mixed reports about the service centre, but it’s unfair to condemn the watches out of hand.