timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Whitby

Whitby

Had a great day in Whitby yesterday. Stayed in a Lodge at Egton with friends over the weekend and spent the afternoon here.

Photo from my Moto G6 Plus

Nice place. And picture. We spent a week there (with me taking pictures) a few years ago. Very enjoyable. Some fog.

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS One picture. Won't post others. ;)

Last edited by rfrazier; 5th November 2018 at 17:23.

Grand Master
    One of my favourite places in Yorkshire

Fish & Chips at the Magpie are to die for.
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    One of my favourite places in Yorkshire Fish & Chips at the Magpie are to die for.
    Absolutely Peter and you can die in the queue just waiting to get in, LoL

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Absolutely Peter and you can die in the queue just waiting to get in, LoL
    Indeed Rod. A few years back we went to Whitby for the day on Lynn's birthday. Decided to eat at the Magpie and joined the queue. When we, (finally), got in we were seated at a downstairs table in the middle. We ordered Cod, Chips & Mushy Peas, (as you do), and a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio. The waitress returned quite quickly with the Pino, poured Lynn a taster then filled our glasses. As she walked away I toasted Lynn with a 'happy birthday'. A few minutes later the waitress came back and told us she'd found a nice table upstairs by a window if we'd like it, leave you glasses there, we'll bring them up for you - she'd obviously overheard the toast. Great service, and it made Lynn's day

Oh, and here's a shot taken in one of my favourite location in Whitby....

And that was after the Fish & Chips too
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.