closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A step backwards?

Craftsman

A step backwards?

Ok I realise this is down to personal taste at the end of the day but here goes; I have been wearing a BLNR daily for a few months and it’s great, but I have always preferred the red/blue combo and yesterday picked up a Tudor GMT which although a bit top heavy is a much better colour combo in my opinion and it’s really captured the overall look of the original red/blue GMTs of old, with the added bonus of 70hr power reserve and anti-magnatism etc.
    The obvious answer is the BLRO and while im on the list so is every man and his dog, so my question is this; is the 16710 a step backwards from a BLNR? I prefer the look but am I getting less watch for my money? It’s value seems to be climbing at a higher rate lately which I fear may leave me feeling empty should I make the change.

(as a side note a ‘full set’ is always preferred to satisfy my OCD and resale is always a factor as while im financially secure now - should that change luxury items go to the bottom of the list)

I think so.

I hate the 16710 and 16700's - maybe hate is too strong a word - I just much prefer the preceding and superseding models far more.

I wouldn't worry too much about the future.
    It's just a matter of time...

Although I own a 16700 (it was my dad's watch), if given the choice I would prefer a 1675. I would rather spend 10k on a fairly good example of a 1675 than 8-9k on a 16700/16710. Not as many of them about and just think they have more vintage charm with the plexi.

There is no right answer to this. It’s purely subjective. The one you like best is the right one. If it makes you happier how can it be a backwards step?

I alternate between this beauty and the sub, and I wouldn’t call it a downgrade. Just watches from different eras. Each with their own charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    Ok I realise this is down to personal taste at the end of the day but here goes; I have been wearing a BLNR daily for a few months and it’s great, but I have always preferred the red/blue combo and yesterday picked up a Tudor GMT which although a bit top heavy is a much better colour combo in my opinion and it’s really captured the overall look of the original red/blue GMTs of old, with the added bonus of 70hr power reserve and anti-magnatism etc.
    The obvious answer is the BLRO and while im on the list so is every man and his dog, so my question is this; is the 16710 a step backwards from a BLNR? I prefer the look but am I getting less watch for my money? It’s value seems to be climbing at a higher rate lately which I fear may leave me feeling empty should I make the change.

(as a side note a ‘full set’ is always preferred to satisfy my OCD and resale is always a factor as while im financially secure now - should that change luxury items go to the bottom of the list)
    With you all the way on the tudor. Picked mine up last week.