timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A few of my modelling photo's

Craftsman

A few of my modelling photo's

Good evening

Thought I'd post up a few of my modelling photo's taken by me over the last couple of years. Hope you enjoy

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I donít see any watches ?
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Craftsman
    I knew I'd forgotten something

What's a "watch?"

Those tyres look interesting...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    Those tyres look interesting...
    Tyres? There were tyres?
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Tyres? There were tyres?
    Yea, the Pirelli 195 55 15 particularly caught my eye, great pattern, should make a few bob at auction...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can't comment objectively on your photographic skills as I was too distracted by your subjects

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I can't comment objectively on your photographic skills as I was too distracted by your subjects
    I'll add a few more up tomorrow

I am wondering how they compare to all weather ones? He he, JK. Nice one Rixy, what lens/body are you using if you do not mind sharing?
    AVDACES FORTVNA IVVAT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I am wondering how they compare to all weather ones? He he, JK. Nice one Rixy, what lens/body are you using if you do not mind sharing?
    I used a Canon 5d mark 11 and a sigma os 70-200 f2. 8 to shoot these. Just changed over to nikon d800 and nikon 70-200 f2. 8 only because the Canon was getting g a bit old and struggled in lower light conditions ie non studio work when the 70-200 was attached.

Quote Originally Posted by rixy View Post
    I used a Canon 5d mark 11 and a sigma os 70-200 f2. 8 to shoot these. Just changed over to nikon d800 and nikon 70-200 f2. 8 only because the Canon was getting g a bit old and struggled in lower light conditions ie non studio work when the 70-200 was attached.

Cheers, Sigma 70-200mm is very capable lens, naturally, the same brand combo is always desirable for colour rendition (great skin tones ^ btw!) and focusing speed. Looking forward to the next batch
    AVDACES FORTVNA IVVAT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Cheers, Sigma 70-200mm is very capable lens, naturally, the same brand combo is always desirable for colour rendition (great skin tones ^ btw!) and focusing speed. Looking forward to the next batch
    Thankyou very much really appreciate your comments

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by rixy View Post
    That is quite a step! Usually photographers will remain with one make for the sake of convenience because of all the brand specific accessories they invariably accumulate.
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That is quite a step! Usually photographers will remain with one make for the sake of convenience because of all the brand specific accessories they invariably accumulate.
    I totally agree

The Canon dslr line up unfortunately was missing a value for money upgrade. I sold my 5d mark II and only had to put £150 on top for the d800.

The Canon 5d mark II had

22 mp

1 memory card slot

9 focus points(yes model photographers only generally use 1 point)

The d800 few years newer

36 mp

Dual memory card slot

51 focus points

Not properly gelled with the nikon yet but I'll give it a bit more time.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    An interesting viewpoint SJ. Looks like I'm one who has brooked that trend then....

I cut my teeth in photography with a Box Brownie Flash, (Christmas present from parents, and still have it), followed up by an Ilford rangefinder, (another Christmas present from parents).
    My serious photography though started with Asahi Pentax, amassed a goodly amount of gear.
    Sold it all and bought into Mamiya, (SLR & TLR)
    Sold the Mamiya SLR gear but kept the TLR
    Seduced by the introduction of a workable AF I went with Minolta - great glass and produced some of my best images.
    Being a technophobe though I couldn't resist experimenting with digital so added a Nikon Coolpix 990 - great camera, wish I still had it.
    Sold the Minolta stuff and added a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and the two add on lenses.
    Enjoying the rangefinder style of the 5000 and added, (a gift from my Dad), a post war Contax iiiA
    Bought a Nikon D70 and added lots of lenses.
    Had a play with a Fujifilm S5 Pro and fell in love with the colours, the dynamic range and the fact that all my Nikkors worked with it perfectly so traded the two Coolpix cams for a watch, but kept the D70
    Age caught up with me and I got tired of lugging all the heavy Fuji/Nikon gear around so put it in the cupboard and went right back to my early rangefinder days with a Fuji X-10 which was quickly upgraded to an X-20 which I still love.
    So I added an X-Pro 1 and two lenses and started enjoying my photography more; High quality, low weight.
    Added a pre war Contax courtesy of this forum, love rangefinders.
    Sold the D70 and a couple of lenses to help fund more Fuji lenses.
    Traded the Mamiya TLR, Fuji S5 and Nikkors as they were just gathering dust for a Fuji XT-3, so now back to the SLR styled body!

Maybe all this chopping and changing over 59 years is the reason my snaps could be improved?
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Impressive list. I remained old school for a very long time. I carried my fatherís Yashica Mat for years everywhere I travelled.
    Even my first SLR (Canon) didnít completely convince me. Then I put my grubby mitts on a S95.
    It was magic. Photos were spontaneous (difficult to achieve with the YM) and as I always had it with me we never missed a memory.

Somehow having the camera on the phone devalues the photo in my eyes. Probably in the same way that many people will judge my S95.

Despite a much shorter list my photos are really nothing to write home about.
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

Apprentice
    Love that this thread has become a discussion about camera tech...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk