closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rhodesian and/or South African Roamer Anfibios

Rhodesian and/or South African Roamer Anfibios

ZA3566/SFA132 is now with me in the UK, but I’m missing the original minute and seconds hands. Unfortunately, Girard Sensoli hasn’t got any hands left so I’ve been looking for suitable aftermarket hands. Yobokies has some tapering divers hands, but they are silver, not white. Probably going to use Raffles Time White Datejust hands. They don’t taper, but they are about right and I have 2 sets, one with lume and one without. I can play around with ageing them using tea and/or baking in a gas oven.

Does anyone know of a watchmaker or similar in the UK that can transfer the donor movement, crown and stem, then fit the aged hands?

Thanks

Dave

Parts are hard to come by, I have had a major headache getting mine back together, the issued watch I bought from gerrard had a movement that was shot.
    As such I bought a donor watch for parts this means I have a kind of franken version currently (my watch has a date and date dial now)
    I am still looking for parts to get the original back up and running.
    Hand sets from date versions do fit the non date watches though so that might be a option.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    ZA3566/SFA132 is now with me in the UK, but I’m missing the original minute and seconds hands. Unfortunately, Girard Sensoli hasn’t got any hands left so I’ve been looking for suitable aftermarket hands. Yobokies has some tapering divers hands, but they are silver, not white. Probably going to use Raffles Time White Datejust hands. They don’t taper, but they are about right and I have 2 sets, one with lume and one without. I can play around with ageing them using tea and/or baking in a gas oven.

Does anyone know of a watchmaker or similar in the UK that can transfer the donor movement, crown and stem, then fit the aged hands?

Thanks

Dave

Try ALSAL Watches on the Strand in London. Tim has carried out alot of work for me over the years and is VERY good at what he does and fantastic little family run business.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Try ALSAL Watches on the Strand in London. Tim has carried out alot of work for me over the years and is VERY good at what he does and fantastic little family run business.
    Thanks for the recommendation.