closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Legoland Billund Denmark

Craftsman

Legoland Billund Denmark

Looking to book a trip to Legoland Denmark next July/August for about 2 days and then a few days in Copenhagen. Has anybody ever done it and have any recommendations on either a package or booking a family friendly hotel direct in both places.

Will be flying into Copenhagen and then driving across to Billund (approx. 3 hours) so any driving tips would be helpful, seems to be the only route from Dublin other than going to Heathrow and connect.

Thanks

Master
    Been to the Lego land, children enjoyed it a lot, as expected. Denmark the speed limits are lower and there are a lots of tolls. Food is great and everyone is really friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Been to the Lego land, children enjoyed it a lot, as expected. Denmark the speed limits are lower and there are a lots of tolls. Food is great and everyone is really friendly.

I read that as saying in Denmark there are a lot of trolls...

The drive between Copenhagen and Jutland is easy, great bridges between the islands. Copenhagen is a very pleasant city, canals, easy to get around by foot, Tivoli rides for the children.

Hope you like pickled herrings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Me too!

I doubt my experience at Legoland Denmark will help as it was about 30 years ago but I loved it (even if I did get called off the driving school for going too fast and ducking under the level crossing as it was coming down, happy days!).

Compare that with my trip to Legoland Windsor with my son three years ago. Not the best day out I've had. I came away thinking how sad it was that the operator can take the most amazing toy and squeeze the joy out of it for every last penny. But then I am a cynical adult, my boy loved it which was the important part.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    No, that's Norway
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

https://www.hellomagazine.com/travel...agen-legoland/

I recommend checking out the aquapark Lalandia, which is walking distance from Legoland, Billund.
    It has a very cool but slightly scary 4 person flume ride called the Tornado.
    Last edited by swatch; 1st November 2018 at 17:26.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the advice, guys

Craftsman
    Sorry for thread revival, but any more recent experiences in Billund? I'm considering going there with the wife and 2 kids (4 and 7) for our summer holiday.

Is there much to do other than Legoland? We would likely go for a week, so any tips welcome!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

As stated previously, Legoland, lailandia but also check out lego house, home of the brick. Really good.

We split a week by going to the coast for a couple of days at the seaside.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

There isn’t much there apart from Lego and the water park

My guide would be:

Day 1 - Lego House
    Days 2-3 LEGOLAND (can be done in 1 day)
    Day 4 Waterpark
    Day 5 Go to Copenhagen

We never bothered with the water park and just did a long weekend in and out of Billund. Personally, I don’t think there is enough in Billund to justify more than 3 days really but make sure you get the combo house and park tickets

We stayed at the Propellen Hotel (Now called the Lodge!) which is a 5 min walk to LEGOLAND and the water park and about a 15 min walk to Lego House.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    As stated previously, Legoland, lailandia but also check out lego house, home of the brick. Really good.

We split a week by going to the coast for a couple of days at the seaside.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    There isn’t much there apart from Lego and the water park

My guide would be:

Day 1 - Lego House
    Days 2-3 LEGOLAND (can be done in 1 day)
    Day 4 Waterpark
    Day 5 Go to Copenhagen

We never bothered with the water park and just did a long weekend in and out of Billund. Personally, I don’t think there is enough in Billund to justify more than 3 days really but make sure you get the combo house and park tickets

We stayed at the Propellen Hotel (Now called the Lodge!) which is a 5 min walk to LEGOLAND and the water park and about a 15 min walk to Lego House.
    Thank you, that's really helpful - had been dallying slightly on this due to concern we would run out of things to do over course of 7-10 day holiday. Considering other options and maybe save this one for another time when kids are slightly older and we can do some cycling and other outdoor sports together.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    If going to Copenhagen then check out Tivoli Gardens. Don't know if they are still doing fireworks but see their display if they do still do them when you're going.

There’s probably enough to do in Aarhus for a day, and my kids liked the Viking museum at Roskilde which is just west of Copenhagen and could be combined with a day trip. There are nice beaches up in the north east of Zealand which isn’t so far from Copenhagen (Hornbaek for example), and a good Maritime museum in Helsingsor. Maybe split the accommodation evenly between Billund and the Copenhagen area.
    Last edited by HookedSeven; 1st May 2022 at 21:34.