closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Sinn models

New Sinn models

Sinn releases four new models. Quite like the dials on the 104 although after a second look the classical black dial seems a better match with the bezel.

104 blue/ grey dials look inspired by the 556 releases with these colour dials but those models don’t have contrasting bezels.

Price on the Damaszener surprised me...and I don’t get the effect based on a render.

Info
    https://www.sinn.de/mobile/de/Neuheiten.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like the blue U1 but I would not get rid of my standard version for it. The rest leave me cold. I have to be honest Sinn have not released a watch that has gotten my interest for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I quite like the blue U1 but I would not get rid of my standard version for it. The rest leave me cold. I have to be honest Sinn have not released a watch that has gotten my interest for years.
    Yes I love the blue U1 too, but similarly prefer my regular SDR if I had to choose just one.

There are some desirable releases from Basel last time, but nothing I lust after. These sunburst dial editions do nothing for me - I love Sinn because of the graphic aesthetic, and this frivolousness detracts from that.

Master
    I like the blue U1 too, but I think it would be nicer if the date wheel was blue or, even better, if there was no date at all.

simon

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I like the blue U1 too, but I think it would be nicer if the date wheel was blue or, even better, if there was no date at all.

simon
    No date would be an improvement I think

Blue U1 definitely the best of the bunch, but I've had 3 U1's and have vowed not to buy any more.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Fab looking 104 with blue dial, will be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Blue U1 definitely the best of the bunch, but I've had 3 U1's and have vowed not to buy any more.
    That's an interesting comment Andy, care to elaborate?
    I think it looks nice, but the U1 has a poor reputation for weak lume (despite having acres of it) so I would pass too.

I still think they could do with re-envigorating the smaller U200.
    Dave

Master
    Exactly this, and it seems like a common opinion judging by the other comments (maybe not the last sentence). Unfortunate really as they have made some excellent stuff previously.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Price on the Damaszener surprised me...and I don’t get the effect based on a render.
    At $8580 it does seem steep, there are photos below for a look at the real deal.

http://https://www.ablogtowatch.com/sinn-1800-damaszener-watch/

Craftsman
    Do you think that the Damaszener is made out of real Damascus steel?if it is every watch will be different that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
    Do you think that the Damaszener is made out of real Damascus steel?if it is every watch will be different that would be interesting.
    Knowing sinn its hardly going to be an applied decal.

Does seem to me that they are going more and more down the gimmick route though.

Such a shame.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    At $8580 it does seem steep, there are photos below for a look at the real deal.

http://https://www.ablogtowatch.com/sinn-1800-damaszener-watch/
    Thanks for those. To me the effect still looks weird, similar to when I take a picture of my tv image, not appealing.

Also interesting remarks on the lume. My only Sinn is a 556 anni and it has poor lume. As a sports dresser however I can overlook that. Moving to dive / tool watches that would annoy me more. Seems Sinn have some homework there.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
    I assume so but the price increase is ridiculous. Damascus steel ist that special or hard to machine. Agree this seems a mis step by Sinn.

Lume on the U1 I had was disappointing, but the lume on my 104 is on a par with Omega so I think it varies by model.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That's an interesting comment Andy, care to elaborate?
    I kept buying them & flipping at a loss because I found something else to buy that I preferred to the U1.

The "big & chunky" Sinn models I have in my collection are the 757 UTC & the 142 both of which I've had for some time.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Not wanting to derail the thread but the lume on my ezm3 is way better than the lume on my U1.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think if you’ve had a U1 (or 3!) and moved it on you probably don’t need to try it again. I had one as a daily wearer for a few years and whilst I loved it initially the very ‘clinical’ look got stale after a while. The lume on mine was disappointing compared to a seiko, but worked perfectly for telling the time in the dark - none of that ‘glows like a torch’ business. Always assumed it’s because the lume is such a pure flat white colour

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I kept buying them & flipping at a loss because I found something else to buy that I preferred to the U1.

The "big & chunky" Sinn models I have in my collection are the 757 UTC & the 142 both of which I've had for some time.
    Fair enough Andy, your previous post just sounded a bit more like bad experience rather than serial flipperitis.
    My EZM1 (which pre-dates the U1) has exemplary lume, really bright. My EZM2 did not, it was quite dull, and the 657 I had was in the middle, fine but not Wow.
    It seems odd that Sinn produce such a range of luminosity over a relatively short production period....
    Dave