closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone got a white dialled Oyster Perpetual 39?

Anyone got a white dialled Oyster Perpetual 39?

I was considering the rhodium, and passing though Heathrow recently got to look at the blue (which apparently flies off the shelf) and the red grape (which doesn't) but there was no rhodium to try.

They were keen that I try the white dialled DJ 41 with plain bezel, which was really nice in the white, but I don't really want/need the date and prefer the simplicity of the OP

I've since realised that a white OP is available but have not seen one in the metal and could just be the thing.

If anyone has one (actually either OP or DJ) I'd be interested in the legibility in "real life conditions", especially for those that are ticking the age box a bit further down the list on forms. In the shop the DJ was easy, however based upon the experience with my Grand Seiko GMT (silver dial, hands and indices) the lack of contrast can be tricky in low light. That's probably why I'm wearing my Speedy Pro almost all the time - I can tell the time on it!

I know Mappin & Webb Tunbridge Wells have the rhodium dial OP 39mm in, I tried it on last week, as I like the idea of the black version & wanted to check the fit out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Pretty sure W44nne had the white dial 39mm OP, might be worth asking him his thoughts.

I do not own a white dialled OP39 but have tried one when deciding against the black dialled version and the white is more of an egg shell white.

The white seemed very legible but i ended up going for the black dial as it was more legible for everyday wear.

It worth noting on the black and white dialled models all the markers are illuminated which i do not believe is the case on the other models in the range.

I have to say of all the Rolex models I have owned over the years the OP39 is by far my favourite watch.

Here is mine.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 22nd October 2018 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Pretty sure W44nne had the white dial 39mm OP, might be worth asking him his thoughts.
    He did indeed.

I have

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I do not own a white dialled OP39 but have tried one when deciding against the black dialled version and the white is more of an egg shell white.

The white seemed very legible but i ended up going for the black dial as it was more legible for everyday wear.

It worth noting on the black and white dialled models all the markers are illuminated which i do not believe is the case on the other models in the range.

I have to say of all the Rolex models I have owned over the years the OP39 is by far my favourite watch.

Here is mine.
    Ohhh that is lovely. On my potential wish list, & almost an one watch.... watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The black and white dials are much, much easier to read than the Rhodium if that matters to you. The Rhodium dial is beautiful and changes colours with the light but it's seldom very easy to read and is quite reflective. Just food for thought.

Apprentice
    Have had the rhodium dial for 2 years and not experienced a single issue with legibility.

Whatever dial you chose, it’ll be housed in a very wearable case with an excellent bracelet. As said above it really could be a one watch, watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bobbubka View Post
    Have had the rhodium dial for 2 years and not experienced a single issue with legibility.

Whatever dial you chose, it’ll be housed in a very wearable case with an excellent bracelet. As said above it really could be a one watch, watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Must be my eyes then, which is entirely possible :-). I have one too and it's nowhere near as easy to read as, say, my Explorer which is similar to the black dial OP39. I've tried on both the black and white dials too side by side with my Rhodium and found them clearer but in my view they're not as pretty. Agree that whichever dial you choose it's a great design and suitable for all occasions - I really rate them. Horses for courses, I'm sure Gyp will get the one that's right for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    I'm sure Gyp will get the one that's right for him.
    I wish I was as confident as you that Gyp would actually end up getting one ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I wish I was as confident as you that Gyp would actually end up getting one ;-)
    I'm sure Mrs Gyp will support you in whatever you choose (and kudos on your correspondence with her - always amusing :-)).

Good luck!

Master
    I do like the OP, especially in white. Very wearable for all occasions.

Personally, I prefer the 36mm as I have a fairly small wrist at 6.75’’.

Totally agree that its a one watch solution.