closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stainless Steel GMT Master Pepsi available again but double price used...arrgh!

Stainless Steel GMT Master Pepsi available again but double price used...arrgh!

Hey Guys,

I'm amazed and slightly peeved.

I've been absolutely in love with the Rolex Pepsie GMT Master for a few years now.. since i've learned about it, it was only available new in White Gold. I was recently browsing pre-owned sites and started to see new SS models for £15k ish.

Turns out Rolex have released the model again and it's £7k ish new... what a shame to see the price doubled on the second hand market now. It turns out this is more special than the Daytona!

Anybody else slightly excited and annoyed about this development?

Think I’d rather have a Daytona personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Get your name down for one.

From your join date and this post (7 or so months behind) you’re a patient man so it’ll be available before you know it.

To be perfectly honest - I’m bored to tears with the constant discussion on the subject.......

All we need is for this to morph into a stickers, hangtags and warranty card - thread....

Master
    Why not have a separate forum discussion area for R***x.

Quote Originally Posted by password View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm amazed and slightly peeved.

I've been absolutely in love with the Rolex Pepsie GMT Master for a few years now.. since i've learned about it, it was only available new in White Gold. I was recently browsing pre-owned sites and started to see new SS models for £15k ish.

Turns out Rolex have released the model again and it's £7k ish new... what a shame to see the price doubled on the second hand market now. It turns out this is more special than the Daytona!

Anybody else slightly excited and annoyed about this development?
    Top trolling

Craftsman
    As a former WG GMT BLRO owner the SS BLRO didn’t really interest me much.

So when I went to collect a PM piece the AD asked if I would like to see an SS BLRO. Naturally I said, Yeah, sure. (I was only taking a look).

Conversation began & I ended up with a SS Sub, SS BLRO & a RG GMT. Did get a tiny discount on the PM piece, but nothing substantial.

So they are available @ ADs

Quote Originally Posted by kinsella1 View Post

I second that, not saying would not one at Rrp wait a year and flip for 13k but white dial ceramic daytona better watch to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Why not have a separate forum discussion area for R***x.
    Why have a separate forum discussion area for R***x?

why ?

Sorry guys..

I wasn't trolling and I haven't frequented here much. I wasn't aware this topic had been discussed to death.

I can't believe I signed up the last time and didn't start a thread. LMAO I have a vague recollection of wondering why I didn't get any responses to thread.. there was obviously an issue posting my previous thread which never went through :/

Anyway.. I went to Watches of Switzerland today and the guy didn't even want me in the shop.. what a douche.

I'll probably end up calling up a few of the ADs in my native Ireland where they have willingly accepted my requests for waiting list before.

How cautious are ADs about selling these types of models for fear of them being flipped on secondary markets for double? It's a shame to see it, isn't it.

Craftsman
    Sorry guys..

I wasn't trolling and I haven't frequented here much. I wasn't aware this topic had been discussed to death.

I can't believe I signed up the last time and didn't start a thread. LMAO I have a vague recollection of wondering why I didn't get any responses to thread.. there was obviously an issue posting my previous thread which never went through :/

Anyway.. I went to Watches of Switzerland today and the guy didn't even want me in the shop.. what a douche.

I'll probably end up calling up a few of the ADs in my native Ireland where they have willingly accepted my requests for waiting list before.

How cautious are ADs about selling these types of models for fear of them being flipped on secondary markets for double? It's a shame to see it, isn't it.
    As one member said if you really want one there's no harm in just putting your name down on the waiting list like everyone else and that way you'll bypass the greedy dealers.

My limited understanding is the GMTM II balloon hasn't burst but it's going down (in that squeaky birthday party balloon sound) and many of the speculative dealers that bought high and sold higher are getting out fast now as demand is cooling. Plus they paid top money for them via the back door and could end up losing out if they're not careful. When that happens the prices on the old ones will ratchet down in tandem. Same as anything desirable and in high demand / low supply but also mass produced.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 21st October 2018 at 19:23.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsella1 View Post

P.s. This ↑

Or an Explorer II
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 21st October 2018 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    As one member said if you really want one there's no harm in just putting your name down on the waiting list like everyone else and that way you'll bypass the greedy dealers.

My limited understanding is the GMTM II balloon hasn't burst but it's going down (in that squeaky birthday party balloon sound) and many of the speculative dealers that bought high and sold higher are getting out fast now as demand is cooling. Plus they paid top money for them via the back door and could end up losing out if they're not careful. When that happens the prices on the old ones will ratchet down in tandem. Same as anything desirable and in high demand / low supply but also mass produced.
    Interesting that.. I guess it makes sense. I put my name down on a few lists and see how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    P.s. This ↑

Or an Explorer II
    Me too for the Daytona as an owner of neither i'd be happy with either one to start with but I would rather go without than buy one "new" one from a secondary dealer. I have no problem buying older stock from these guys but not the ones being flipped.

Interesting that.. I guess it makes sense. I put my name down on a few lists and see how I get on.

Me too for the Daytona as an owner of neither i'd be happy with either one to start with but I would rather go without than buy one "new" one from a secondary dealer. I have no problem buying older stock from these guys but not the ones being flipped.
    Put your name down ? Good luck with that for any sports nevermind gmt and daytona. More chance winning next.week lotto lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

You'll pay through the nose though. I wouldn't personally but it's your money. Demand and desirability (albeit understandable - see above) you'll pay for a great watch but also for the hype.

The GMT Master II is worth the £7150 Rolex are asking for it. The Submariner Date is worth the £6550 Rolex are asking for it. The Explorer I is worth the £5000 Rolex are asking for it. Worth remembering that simple formula before you dive in.

If you're prepared to pay more than the above then fair play to you and i wish you well.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 22nd October 2018 at 08:04.