closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there any reason not to buy from an Omega boutique shop in Paris.

Journeyman

Is there any reason not to buy from an Omega boutique shop in Paris.

Ok guys.

Have my heart set on a 39 mm Planet ocean. Am in Paris for a few days.

So dilemma is this. There is an Omega boutique in the Saint Honore road near where I have been accomodated. Has anyone been there? Will they let me try on their pieces. Will They let me through the front door or is it appointment only. Will they discount? Will they price it too high as they are a boutique full of rich Arab shoppers. Will they even speak english.

Or should i just buy it in the Uk.

The Place Vendome area in Paris was just heaven. All the big luxury brand watches and their fabulous showrooms. The area is incredibly beautiful. What a street for watch gazing.

Master
    Walk over to it and find out..

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Walk over to it and find out..
    Yes doing that to orrow. They are open on a sunday!

I doubt very much that an Omega boutique can afford to be too fussy about who they sell to. The only problem you have is that an Omega boutique will give you a negligible discount, compared with the generous discounts available in normal Omega ADs.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I doubt very much that an Omega boutique can afford to be too fussy about who they sell to. The only problem you have is that an Omega boutique will give you a negligible discount, compared with the generous discounts available in normal Omega ADs.
    Howmuch discounts do UK ADs give?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Howmuch discounts do UK ADs give?
    IIRC there have been threads on here within the past few months where a couple of TZ-ERs have offered to put members in contact with ADs who will offer a 20% discount.

Master
    What is the RRP in France compared to the UK? I would have thought it is cheaper here and on top of that a discount is more likely if not buying from a boutique

I haven't been there for a while but I've always found them to be friendly and patient. It's a nice and cosy shop, there is a much bigger one up the street Boulevard des Capucines/rue Daunou. English won't be a problem. Not sure about discounts though, maybe some goodies ;-)

Craftsman
    Surely the demise of the pound vs the euro will mean this could be more cheaply acquired back here?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often easier via. the back door.

Journeyman
    It was a very fruitful visit. Tried on almost all the current PO sizes. The young french lad was quite happy for me to try them on and we had a good chat about the watches.

Unfortunately the boutique can give only a 2% discount and he even suggested that the AD may be the best place to buy as the stock the ADs have does not belong to Omega (unlike in the boutique) and they candiscount as much as they like as the watch is theirs to sell at any price they wish.

Master
    Definitely worth shopping around once you know what you're looking for. Omega like many other brands are becoming out of reach for many and the majority of their stock will need to be discounted to help move them along.