closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pet Friendly Burglar Alarm

Pet Friendly Burglar Alarm

Hi,
    Although she has one of the best deterrents there is (a dog) my daughter has asked for advice on fitting a Burglar alarm. She would also like to be able to see cameras inside and out over the internet whilst at work. She has internet but it is sometimes flaky. I'm thinking of an SMS txt sender for alerting, but would really like some sort of motion sensors to go with it that isn't set off by the dog and cat.
    Any ideas on what systems to look for? She also has Hive, which can be used for alerting, but I have personally found their motion sensors to be unreliable (false alarms and sticking on).

I have “pet friendly” sensors but the dog sets them off. She can achieve this by having the house “zoned” and having different levels of set so dogs can be left in kitchen for example or downstairs set up upstairs not so people can walk about upstairs. I would advise her to ensure the panel supports this as a clever design likely to be more successful than pet sensors. Also I wouldn’t want to have the dog set the alarm off and have to listen to the siren.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    ADT installed this in our last house and we had no problems at all

2xYorkies and 2x Shih tzu

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    ADT installed this in our last house and we had no problems at all

2xYorkies and 2x Shih tzu

Installed what...?

Craftsman
    You need to get some dual tech, pet friendly pir sensors. You can adjust them for the size/ weight of your dog/cat.

We had pet friendly sensors installed when we had our system replaced our alarm last year. We only have a cat but she's never triggered the alarm whilst we've been out. Our invoice doesn't say which manufacturer they're from though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Installed what...?
    As per the title of the thread

Master
    Pyronix offer a range of pet friendly PIR's.

https://www.pyronix.com/uk/products/...%5D=pet-immune

These 'pet friendly' sensors are a bit of an industry joke.

They are either regular sensors with the sensitivity turned down, or regular sensors with a bit of a "mask" in front of the sensor element to stop detecting at ground level as best they can.

They are only as effective as the installer's level of motivation to really get them set up right on installation day. You're better off doing it yourself so that you can do ongoing calibration/adjustment as required, otherwise you'll be that annoying pet owner keep calling the guy back round until he eventually turns your sensitivity to super-low and they basically don't detect anything at all.

The installation guy told me the PIR's I had fitted are made up from a grid of 9 sensors (3x3) and to trigger the alarm three of the sensors in the grid have to be triggered at the same time, up to a medium sized dog usually only triggers two of them but larger dogs can trigger three especially if they jump up. My cat certainly doesn't trigger three!