closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage maxi dials?

Journeyman

Vintage maxi dials?

I thought maxi dials were only to be found on the 16610 LV and six digit refs..

But I was window shopping at a vintage Rolex shop today and was surprised to see no shortage of maxi dial subs from the early 80s.

Confused now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burlington Arcade...
    As I understand it the earlier tritium dials are not Maxi Dials the tritium did not have the white gold surround hence the plots looks larger.
    No shortage of nice watches if you pay the money they want.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 19th October 2018 at 19:53.

Grand Master
    I always enjoy looking in this window......definitely set up to appeal to the birth year bozos with more brass than brains.

Some OK watches, some really nice ones........beware the big prices!

Master
    Maxi dial subs were 76 to 84 iirc. Have heard a bit about Burlington arcade eyewatering prices. Do you know any of the prices of watches in your pic.

All the info you’ll ever need is neatly packaged into this wonderful website.

http://www.drsd.com

Enjoy!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Maxi dial subs were 76 to 84 iirc. Have heard a bit about Burlington arcade eyewatering prices. Do you know any of the prices of watches in your pic.
    Hi,

Not those specifically, but if it helps as a yardstick a new BLNR from one of the main dealers in Burlington would be £9800 and the same watch from another well known on Oxford/Bond Street would be £9250.

When I mentioned this the Burlington shop said they didn’t know how they could do it at that price and advised to check the country of origin. The watch from the other shop was from India, but if it’s an Indian business that’s probably not so unusual?

I figure any grey could do it at that price and still make a huge profit but who knows for sure?

WatchClub just around the corner from the BA play a pretty fair game, I got a great Kermit from there for ten five which I thought was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I always enjoy looking in this window......definitely set up to appeal to the birth year bozos with more brass than brains.

Some OK watches, some really nice ones........beware the big prices!
    If they have the tin let them crack on