closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just picked this up walking past the window

Craftsman

Just picked this up walking past the window

Another rash impulse buy!!!
    Saw this Omega Speedmaster triple date in the window.. priced at 2400.. twisted his arm down to 2000 and its fully boxed and just come back from Omega today as they sent it for a full service.. the watch looks brand new.. any thoughts on value.. have i overpaid!!
    It will probably end up on here soon as Im a serial flipper!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Got to love a rash impulse buy 😂.

Nice watch.

Would that be 2000 Sterling?
    For me thats a bit high, but if it males you happy then it might be just right..

Craftsman
    Yea ,, i was thinking the same.. but it does have a full 2 year omega guarantee from the service.. havent seen many for less and it has the better bracelet and is the chronometer version..

As i said, if it makes you happy then by all means.

I would wear it around the house a Day or two and se how it feels..

I always felt that this particular model is a bit thick for its diameter, that would make it a no from me. But again that doesnt matter as its your watch..

I have the exact watch and it's one of my favourites. I paid a lot less but I've had mine a few years now. Enjoy!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    A bit too expensive if you ask me... enjoy it though!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fran if you deduct the cost of a chrono service and very good condition I would have thought price is OK - as they say in Sicily, the dealer gotta mange

Master
    Blog Entries
    On the dear side, (although about right from a dealer), but if you're happy, it's worth it!

Journeyman
    Looks lovely and a service to boot .. i am not as wise as the others looks like a good purchase to me

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the feedback...ive had it on now for a few hours and even under my magnified lenses the condition is superb, ive actually received brand new wrapped watches with mre micro abrasions than this..
    As far as thickness to width ratio goes..its actually sitting nice and low on the wrist, not tall at all..this is of course a 2013 model with the slightly larger case at 40mm..it is a lot slimmer than my other two chronos, A Hamilton Jazzmaster and a Damasko DC56... Im really pleased with it to be honest and the bracelet is a real thing of beauty...could this be a keeper at last..and one that was bought on sheer impulse with no research etc etc...

Grand Master
    Looks OK to me, a fresh service from Omega is bound to attract a premium price. This watch will be fine for a good few years, I think the OP’s got a fair deal.

A word of advice about flipping......stop doing it and start collecting. Play the long game and build a collection over a few years.

Paul

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advice Paul.. it is indeed like a disease!!! Ive sold some watches that i would love to have back!!
    Im going to keep this as the chances of finding another in this condition are small..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback...ive had it on now for a few hours and even under my magnified lenses the condition is superb, ive actually received brand new wrapped watches with mre micro abrasions than this..
    As far as thickness to width ratio goes..its actually sitting nice and low on the wrist, not tall at all..this is of course a 2013 model with the slightly larger case at 40mm..it is a lot slimmer than my other two chronos, A Hamilton Jazzmaster and a Damasko DC56... Im really pleased with it to be honest and the bracelet is a real thing of beauty...could this be a keeper at last..and one that was bought on sheer impulse with no research etc etc...
    You just justified the price you paid - enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

You just justified the price you paid - enjoy

Master
    I think that's a great looking watch. I'm not an Omega price expert but an Omega service for that watch must have been £500. With Rolex prices where they are, £2,000 for that looks like a lot of watch for very reasonable money.

Enjoy!

Reasonable price with a service included. But let’s think beyond that. You are enjoying the watch it may even be a keeper s therefore it’s worth it’s money for you to enjoy it!

It sounds as if you got a watch that makes you smile. That really is all that matters. Congratulations!

Thanks for the advice Paul.. it is indeed like a disease!!! Ive sold some watches that i would love to have back!!
    Im going to keep this as the chances of finding another in this condition are small..

Would you mind doing a side-by-side with the Damasko?

Journeyman
    I think it looks fantastic and condition is superb. £2000 including recent service is a great price I reckon. Congrats!

Craftsman
    What else could you get for £2000?

Try to find a triple date auto chrono with a name as solid as Omega on the dial for that money, I guarantee you would need to spend more.

Great watches these, I’ve had one and wish I’d never got got rid.

Well undervalued in my opinion.

Neil

Craftsman
    I cant do the side by side as the Damasko has gone back to Germany for a service.
    I can do a side side with the Hamilton Jazzmaster with the 7753 and a Luminox with a 7750 if anyone is interested..
    Looking at the watch again today on my wrist and at 40 mm it really is a lovely watch.. very pleased.

Just back from The Metro Centre, a well known seller of second hand watches had this exact model in and was asking £2450 so I think all-in-all you got a good deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is that the one next to M&S, he had a few rare ltd ed Speedmasters 3 weeks ago, very impressive stock.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info... popped into store ten minutes ago to get my Hamilton demagnatised .. mentioned id been talking on here about it... said hed had ten people on the phone since yesterday wanting to buy it at 2495... which was the ticket price... so well pleased and not feeling bad at all!!

Craftsman
    That's a lovely watch, congratulations.

Journeyman
    Maybe a wee bit too expensive for me, given that its an ETA 7750 based movement.

But that said its been freshly serviced by Omega and comes with all the boxes and papers. Also it comes packed with a decent amount of complications. All of which go a fair bit in justifying the price as well!

Craftsman
    Is the bobl in your name a welsh conotation.. just yn sidro!!
    I actually prefer to have a chronometer grade 7751 reworked by Omega and a proven workhorse.. i dont really see it as a negative .. but the movement debate is a hot one..

Journeyman
    I think £2000 is a good price- compare it new prices and the service value it not going to lose as much money over 3-5 years as buying brand new

Journeyman
    Is the bobl in your name a welsh conotation.. just yn sidro!!
    I actually prefer to have a chronometer grade 7751 reworked by Omega and a proven workhorse.. i dont really see it as a negative .. but the movement debate is a hot one..

Didn't mean to knock the 7750 (or 51!). Its just that for that price, you can get a Speedmaster with less common, bit more "interesting" (highly subjective!), calibres, like the various modified column wheel movements from FP and Lemania Omega experimented with before Swatch decided to design Omega exclusive movements.

But on the flip side, you won't get that with a fresh, full Omega service and you are looking at the bog standard versions without any complications like the triple date and the 24 hour register. Arguably the range of complications elevates the "standard" ETA/Valjoux to a higher level of sophistication than the basic column wheels you find in the FP/Lemania Speedmaster autos.
    Also not Welsh I'm afraid.

I’m not a fan of pointer dates but this must be one of the best executions out there. it blends in nicely into a very handsome watch with some useful complications.
    Congrats on the acquisition - as mentioned in another post, collecting for the long term is very satisfying and this sounds like it could be a key piece on your journey.

Craftsman
    I didnt even consider buying this complication.. Ive often hankered for a traditional speedy.. ive never seen this in the flesh and to be honest i fell in love with it.. the level of detail and the finishing. It also has the absolute smoothest chrono second hand movement ive seen on any 7750 based movement.. its buttery smooth and doesnt miss a single beat anywhere.. which makes me wonder why the likes of Damasko struggle with this.. is it the weight of the hands or is it because its a stock 7750 unadjusted... but the Omega since friday has not gained or lost a single second which is again remarkable.. so obviously had a good service!
    Thanks for your comments...
    Im tempted to put it on a strap .. to preserve the bracelet... any suggestions welcome

Master
    Nice watch, size makes it a very comfortable wearer with it being a tad smaller than the full size speedy.

Blog Entries
    Fully serviced by Omega and in such good condition thats worth £2k all day long to me. Nice find and looks good on the wrist too!

Journeyman
    Sold the silver version of this exact model last month without a service, bracelet needing a polish, box and no papers for €1300.

Quoted €750 for a polish and service from an AD in Ireland. £2,000 for a Speedmaster with an Omega service, box and papers is about right.

02_Face.jpg

Craftsman
    Thanks for that valuable price guide.. the silver dial is nice also.. still think I prefer the black dial though ... the Omega service was well worth having