closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Facebook hires Nick Clegg as 'Head of Global Affairs'...

Lightbulb Facebook hires Nick Clegg as 'Head of Global Affairs'...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Presumably they didn't do it as a joke. I wonder how he's viewed outside Britain.

Q. How do you make Facebook's head of global affairs fall over?

A. Nick Clegg.

Craftsman
    An attempt as pathetic, as it is transparent, to curry favour and lobby government at Whitehall and Brussels.
    Wonder if Clegg has changed his (once vocal) attitude to the amount of tax FB should pay, probably.....

Lets hope he is more effective than he was as 'PM's Little Helper'

what a curious appointment

Some of the BBC analysis makes sense - FB have had lots of issues with politics and needed someone with good experience in that arena. It couldn't appoint an American, due to partisan politics so had to be most likely European. Being native English I think will have helped.

Good move for Clegg, gets back into politics but with a better pay check

Suits them right.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

So the lying two faced yellow livered back stabbing piece of coward scum surfaces.
    Now before anyone starts jumping all over me for the first sentence allow me to explain.
    When this piece of trash was the leader of the Liberals he made an unequivacable promise to not under any circumstances increase university tuition fees beyond there then level of £3k per year,as such his party quite naturally attracted a huge boost in their share of the vote, so much so that in fact it gave them an unheard of opportunity to hold the swing vote at the next general election where they lined up with David Camerons conservative party and formed the coalition .
    Now comes the back stabbing bit ,yep up go tuition fees to £9k per year ,leaving those who actually put him in the position of king maker high and dry and up to their necks in debt.During one debate with a group of students a year or so later he proceeded to berate them quite viciously for daring to criticise his u-turn on fee's.
    Absolutely outraged at this bullying of young students i then contacted his office with the offer of a debate with me televised or otherwise at a time and place of his choosing to see if he could bully me as a parent who's son was directly affected by his betrayal.We have had to revise our own retirement and pension arrangements to make sure our son isn't saddled with a huge debt for god knows how many years,something i will never forgive the lying toerag for.
    His parents must be so proud of their son .

Forum: George & Dragon
    Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jega View Post
    So the lying two faced yellow livered back stabbing piece of coward scum surfaces.
    Now before anyone starts jumping all over me for the first sentence allow me to explain.
    When this piece of trash was the leader of the Liberals he made an unequivacable promise to not under any circumstances increase university tuition fees beyond there then level of £3k per year,as such his party quite naturally attracted a huge boost in their share of the vote, so much so that in fact it gave them an unheard of opportunity to hold the swing vote at the next general election where they lined up with David Camerons conservative party and formed the coalition .
    Now comes the back stabbing bit ,yep up go tuition fees to £9k per year ,leaving those who actually put him in the position of king maker high and dry and up to their necks in debt.During one debate with a group of students a year or so later he proceeded to berate them quite viciously for daring to criticise his u-turn on fee's.
    Absolutely outraged at this bullying of young students i then contacted his office with the offer of a debate with me televised or otherwise at a time and place of his choosing to see if he could bully me as a parent who's son was directly affected by his betrayal.We have had to revise our own retirement and pension arrangements to make sure our son isn't saddled with a huge debt for god knows how many years,something i will never forgive the lying toerag for.
    His parents must be so proud of their son .
    It was a coalition government, obviously all LD policies wouldn't be implemented.

Craftsman
    lying two faced yellow livered back stabbing piece of coward scum .
    Quite so, doubt my generation will forget the u turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    An attempt as pathetic, as it is transparent, to curry favour and lobby government at Whitehall and Brussels.
    It’s about the EU - from their perspective the UK will be a rule taker not a maker post-exit. If it was about UK influence it would not be Clegg.

Well said Jega. Exactly what I was going to say except the son etc part, obviously. I would put him with Gove and Boris for self serving, backstabbing and anything to get themselves into a position of power group of politicians. Though if I personally ranked him he would be no.3 after the aforementioned two. Was a long time LibDem supporter and even liked Clegg until what happened...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Proof positive - democracy works -he paid a price at the general election ( constituents win) now he wins a massive pay rise to continue spinning a different message = win win scenario?

- - - Updated - - -

Proof positive - democracy works -he paid a price at the general election ( constituents win) now he wins a massive pay rise to continue spinning a different message = win win scenario?

Alllll abord............the gravy train

Blog Entries
    A ha ha ha ha ..they deserve him.

Apparently, they are in the process of rebranding in two-facebook.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Kipperbook.

Two faced and gutless!

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    hehe indeed, a proven turncoat hes' perfect for the corporate mouthpiece role, he does a nice line in apology too.

Master
    A pointless man with no shame

Craftsman
    Given that Nick Clegg learnt the political ropes working for the notorious sex offender, and violent pedophile, Leon Britten (who believed that one day Clegg would make a great Conservative Prime Minister) it is hardly surprising that he has grown into the obsequious little sell-out that we see before us. That said, given the not-so-private-life of his mentor, arguably Clegg could have turned out a lot worse....

Francesca Martinez the comedienne summed him up!

'Funny how politicians want to be your friend.... Nick Clegg wanted to by mine, then I realised he was a xxxx!'

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    Given that Nick Clegg learnt the political ropes working for the notorious sex offender, and violent pedophile, Leon Britten (who believed that one day Clegg would make a great Conservative Prime Minister) it is hardly surprising that he has grown into the obsequious little sell-out that we see before us. That said, given the not-so-private-life of his mentor, arguably Clegg could have turned out a lot worse....
    Really? Lucky you can't slander the dead. No charges were ever brought against Brittan, despite several investigations before and after his death, and the Met paid out compensation for unlawful raids on his property. But go ahead, believe unsubstantiated rumour.

As for Nick Clegg, here's what he said about student loans: "There’s a fairly simple rule in politics: if you make a promise and then fail to deliver it, you should be held to account. It’s a rule that I know better than most. I was punished at the ballot box in part because I led a party that was unable to deliver one specific policy, during half a decade in government: even though we hadn’t won the previous election, I wasn’t Prime Minister, there wasn’t enough money available, and we introduced numerous other progressive reforms and policies – still we got our knuckles badly rapped."

Personally I like him, he's right about Brexit but I don't like his disastrous decision to form a coalition and I don't like Facebook. But he's paid the democratic price and is no longer a politician, so he has to find employment to keep him and his family. Would I work for Facebook, no, but then they wouldn't ask me.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Conversely, any other interesting things happening in the parallel universe?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Facebook are expecting to appear before many committees and quite simply, Mark and Sheryl don't want to do that

Ah, so NC will be used to do that as an insulation/protection between Zuk and various gov committees, now it makes perfect sense.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Really? Lucky you can't slander the dead. No charges were ever brought against Brittan, despite several investigations before and after his death, and the Met paid out compensation for unlawful raids on his property. But go ahead, believe unsubstantiated rumour.
    Yes 'really'. He raped the best friend of one of my family members in the 60's. Resulting in her locking herself in a toilet until the police arrived.

So I am afraid I do believe that where there is smoke, in this instance, there is a raging bonfire and that the allegations against this vile man (which the internet is full of) only scrape the top of the iceberg.
    But go ahead, believe the reports of a government that he was part of and an investigation by an organisation that he presided over.

You probably think that Greville Janner was a harmless, misunderstood, old man too. And Clement Freud. And Ted Heath. And Robert Boothby etc etc etc. The list is as depressing as it is long

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Really? Lucky you can't slander the dead.
    But to defame the living, the statement must be untrue.
    Not the point I wanted to make, more for completeness.

I just wanted to acknowledge the DM received, and the personal story shared, from a fellow TZ member regarding the Right Honorable Leon Britten; prolific child abuser, pedophile, rapist and all round bad guy.

I had the honour of being the first university class to pay 9k in fees back in 2012. I have a special disdain for Clegg

I went to uni for the second time in 2012 aged 29 so had some savings, thankfully, but the 18 year olds are racking up interest on their loans at RPI + 3% I believe. The act of signing up people who are essentially children for these high cost loans is the real scandal.