closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Deep Sea Deep Blue

Craftsman

Rolex Deep Sea Deep Blue

I'm a sucker for a blue dial, always have been, however until recently I've shy'd away from big watches. Since my SD43 Anniversary became my daily wearer however I've wondered if I could get away with one.

Cuffs don't matter as I have other watches to wear with a shirt but how do people get on with them? I've heard they can be top heavy but every time I've tried one on the bracelet has never been sized for my wrist so you never really get a true feel for what it would be like.

Of course, an easy option would be to buy a regular Deep Sea, which can be picked up relatively cheaply to see how I get on with it but it seems a bit daft buying a watch with the intention of selling it no matter what.

Over to you lot, thoughts?

Master
    Wearing my 126660 today. It actually feels less toppy than my SD4000 and the same as SD43. It certainly has a presence though!

The size doesn’t feel massively different from my SD43, I don’t tend to wear it with cuffs but when I have I genuinely haven’t noticed an issue!

Master
    I love it and don’t have a problem with the size at all. If I wear a normal button cuff shirt rather than cuff links, it fits under ok. The adjustability if the bracelet is excellent, and this is what makes the difference with wearability. I did for a while think about whether it could be my only watch as I was wearing it so much. The only reason it couldn’t is that I like having a change and a selection to choose from.

Master
    I wear a Deepsea everyday too (although rarely wear cuffs). Awesome watches. However, the Deep-Blu isn't as blue as you might imagine. Its very subtle under normal lighting conditions but really pops in bright light.

I own a DSSD Blue and the SD43, love them both, the SD43 is more wearable but the dial on the JC is so beautiful I could never part with it.

Craftsman
    Deepsea is my daily, but have the new DBlue also, and i think the newer version fits better due to the wider strap... But i have large wrists.. Go for it.

Journeyman
    What about the other big blue diver?
    Much lighter weight because of titanium

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexL View Post
    What about the other big blue diver?
    Much lighter weight because of titanium

These are nice , are they around £7.5 k though ?

Master
    I have both DSSD and sd43 and itvwoukd be a close call to choose a winner between them. Probably plump for the DSSD as it was my first ceramic bezel Rolex. And I totally love it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    From the Friday thread, mine says hi.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    seems a bit daft buying a watch with the intention of selling it no matter what.
    You're kidding? People are doing it all the time nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Cuffs don't matter as I have other watches to wear with a shirt but how do people get on with them? I've heard they can be top heavy but every time I've tried one on the bracelet has never been sized for my wrist so you never really get a true feel for what it would be like.

Over to you lot, thoughts?
    As a small wristed gentleman (!), I have had no problem whatsoever wearing a DSSD - including with a normal long sleeved shirt. Just have to put it on the second button to ensure clearance. I wear my watches snug anyway but I think you would have to with the DSSD as it is quite heavy (although not noticeably so once you have worn it for a short while).

Master
    You guys have inspired me to change to wearing this for the evening...

Journeyman
    Any excuse to show post a pic of this watch that I have been wearing yet again today

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    The ultimate Rolex Diver

Blog Entries
    I have the previous JC and Black and absolutely lov’em.

No issue with size or weight one bit.

Pitch

Craftsman
    WTB thread started and asked to be on the list for a new one, I think a keeper needs to be added to my collection!

The dial absolutely makes the watch. Stunning!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I have the previous JC and Black and absolutely lov’em.

No issue with size or weight one bit.

Pitch
    Agree, but then i have large wrists. However, my JC is the new model, with the slightly wider band and probably sits nicer than my Black DS..

Sorry to hijack this.

I was going to create another (more than likely repetitive) thread about how best to go about getting a new model JC DSSD. In my collection i have always purchased used and on occasion new, but from stock, so the whole 'get on the list at the authorised dealer and wait' has been a bit foreign to me.

I'm in no mad rush for one (which i suspect will not be a bad thing) but what is the best way (without going grey) to get a DSSD or a 126600 from an authorised dealer? I bought my other half a Rolex earlier in the year from Watches of Switzerland, does this mean they would be the best place to start or am i better off looking at outside major city Rolex authorised dealers and trying to get on a list with them?

Craftsman
    I’d certainly be trying the dealer I’d bought from previously first, go in with the Mrs, her wearing the watch, strike up some conversation ideally with the same salesperson about how now you fancy one...blah blah, no rush, blah, Deep Blue, and see where it leads.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don't know whether I was just lucky but I phoned my AD to ask to be put on the waiting list for a Deep Blue SD & was told that they'd have one the next week (might have been 2) that I could have. Was over a year ago & the original type.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I don't know whether I was just lucky but I phoned my AD to ask to be put on the waiting list for a Deep Blue SD & was told that they'd have one the next week (might have been 2) that I could have. Was over a year ago & the original type.
    Don't think you'd get that now unfortunately. I think black DSSD are still a short wait but anything remotely "rare" has been hyped into a shortage now.

Blog Entries
    I like this pic loads of mine with its daily wearer mate.

thanks for the comments. I will start with WOS and see where that goes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by coobala View Post
    ... or am i better off looking at outside major city Rolex authorised dealers and trying to get on a list with them?
    I can't tell you how much it irritates me when people say that! The yokels from outside the metropolis (like me!) do have money to buy nice things, you know, and "my" small town AD could sell every sought after model he can get his hands on, multiple times, to locals. I got invited to the Basel launch evening a while back and even I was staggered at the local wealth on show.

If you try and get on a list with him (assuming such a thing does exist) and you are not local, he will politely humour you and then shred your details as soon as you leave.