closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sharkmaster 600 re-available.

Sharkmaster 600 re-available.

Helson are re-releasing their Ploprof homage the Sharkmaster 600. They will be ready soon and Helson will begin to ship at the end of this month.

The original release was about 6 years ago and proved to be very popular as Helson make a great quality product and their version of the mighty Ploprof is a faithfull alternative for those that admire the design but have less admiration for Omega`s price list these days.. So popular in fact that examples were often sold for a hefty premium over the original purchase price which is quite a feat for a micro brand.
    There are several versions available, with variations on lumed dials, lumed bezels, dial colours and date/non-date. Renders;

I`ve got a black dial, black bezel option on order and am quite looking forward to getting that thing on my wrist soon.

Craftsman
    Look good hope they are not to expensive

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Helson do some nice kit.

I love my one and the lume is up there with Seiko

I can't find where to pre order ?

They're not on the website, try using the Helson contact form with an enquiry about your preferred watch version.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the original post, I just sent a message to Helson for Version F BGW9 C3

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    Thanks for the original post, I just sent a message to Helson for Version F BGW9 C3
    I got cold feet with the all lumed white dial, so when I received Williams reply, I changed my mind and ordered the all black one. Pictures are now available. I lost the copy and pasted link, so it is below...
    Last edited by bmwrover; 20th October 2018 at 19:45.

They look superb, but all out of stock already...?!

Apparently I was too late to preorder, but they expect to have some on the website on the 9th November.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

missed it :-(
    will put a reminder in calendar for the 9th...

Master
    How do these wear on a smaller wrist are they too big and heavy?

It has arrived!
    Lets get this out of the way first - i love it!
    Helson have really pulled this one off - superb build quality and proportions.

What a ridiculously fantastic lump of steel these are, completely incongruous for anything other than activities of an aquaeous nature but that`s what makes them so intriguing and interesting out of their natural habitat -they`re the epitome of the `tool watch` category.

Here`s the pics;

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    How do these wear on a smaller wrist are they too big and heavy?

I`m not sure what constitutes a smaller wrist but this Sharkmaster fits perfectly on my 7.25" - it feels completely comfortable and entirely wearable for every day use.
    The large caseback has a sizeable `footprint` which helps spread the weight and hold the watch in place keeping it `planted` without any of that irritating `wrist slip` - i hate having my watches move about.
    It feels so at home i hardly notice it`s there, unlike one or two other generously-proportioned watches that i own that always make their presence felt flip-flopping around due to their top-heavy weight distrubution..

No lug overhang, i can see strappage on both top and bottom!;

I can easily see this watch becoming a firm favourite, and may even pave the way to the real thing in the future...
    I think i`ll change the strap though, get something with a bit more character on it.
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 5th November 2018 at 20:01.

Master
    That looks superb how did you get it as they seem to have sold out haven't they?

As a weekend wearer that looks superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    That looks superb how did you get it as they seem to have sold out haven't they?
    The website says sold out but i think once they have shipped all the pre-orders (this week i think) they`ll put any models they have in stock up for sale on the website so keep checking daily until something is available. Which model would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    As a weekend wearer that looks superb
    Nah, you could wear it every day, maybe not for the office types though i suppose, or those that co-ordinate their wrist wear with their socks.

Craftsman
    Uber lovely, thanks for posting the pics E_2_Right-Force

It is exactly the color combo that i also ordered. Unfortunately the German Custom snatched the watch last Friday and Fedex asked me for invoices, paypal payment copy, etc. as the Custom doubted the stated value. I dont know what William stated as the value on the shipping docs, but I hope the correct 899 US$. That would be a good sign if the officers dont believe the price, haha. So lets see when my parcel arrives, Fedex is very quiet and hasnt updated the tracking at all. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The website says sold out but i think once they have shipped all the pre-orders (this week i think) they`ll put any models they have in stock up for sale on the website so keep checking daily until something is available. Which model would you prefer?
    Ping them, I did and they told me I could pre-order for November 10th despatch.

Did it come with a mesh, too, or just the rubber strap? It looks great!

They asked me what value I wanted noted - I asked if they'd replace the watch or just refund the declared amount if it did get lost and they advised me to have the full amount declared.

Yes, it might cost me more, but it's less worrying that way!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 6th November 2018 at 17:20.

Master
    What kind of price range are they?

Edit: $899

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Arrived and on the wrist already - will sort the correct date later :-)

They look good.

I must admit, when I first saw a Ploprof it didn't seem as big as I expected.

I'm hoping the Sharkmaster will wear well!

M

Master
    I am so tempted to get one but I have small 6.5" wrists so I am panicking :) can I ask the guys who have them will you be diving with it as I don't dive but I just much prefer the look and design of dive watches, so am I mad considering one of these as an everyday watch :)

Craftsman
    Small wrist? I think I am the wrong one to ask, I just fitted the original Sharkmaster mesh plus its extension that came with the watch and I am flat out on the last hole. Cant have a bigger wrist. Yes, it does wear very comfy and flat and no I dont dive but wear all of my dive watches for desk diving only. This one I like the most due to its 70s style and I will probably wear it mostly when driving the iconic Range Rover Classic, which also was born in 1970 just as the original Omega Ploprof.

Last edited by bmwrover; 8th November 2018 at 07:56. Reason: spelling mistakes (and the stupd ad in adverts got in the way on the ipad)

The mesh is difficult to get to the right get size
    Put it on an original isofrane and it’s a great watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    I think I am the wrong one to ask, just fitted the original Sharkmaster mesh that came with the watch and I am flat out on the last hole. Cant have a bigger wrist. So yes it does wear very comfy and flat and no I dont dive but wear all of my dive watches fir desk diving only. This one I like the most due to its 70s style and will probably wear it mostly when driving the iconic Range Rover, which also was born in 1970 just as the original Omega Ploprof.

Looks superb!

What does it look like with a dinner jacket?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Looks alright if you tug the end of the jacket sleeve under the crown guard triangle. ;-)

Master
    Well I took the plunge and ordered one this morning although William said he couldn't see the payment but I paid by credit card and rung my bank who said the payment was approved so hopefully he will see it in his account tomorrow.

I know it is a risk as my wrist is only 6.5" so I might not be able to carry it off but I do prefer a chunkier watch as I always wear divers.

I got the second to last grey dial with yellow bezel which I just think looks superb as I love some colour, he said he can't ship it until the 23rd which is fine with me :)

If it is too big I know it will easily sell on sc here.

Only white/white and white/black bezel left by the looks of it.

M

My blue/black arrived this morning.

First impressions are it's a good watch for the price, regardless of its similarity to a better known watch.

That similarity, though, will probably determine your opinion of the watch regardless of its virtues.

I'll be honest enough to say I bought the Helson because of its appearance.

I was never going to spend the money on a Ploprof new or vintage, it's too much of a 'now and then' watch, but I do find the styling intriguing, so I'm more than happy with the Helson option.

I ummed and ahed over whether to go all black, or blue dial/black bezel, but I think I made a good choice.

It's surprisingly wearable, too, not (IMO) looking as massive as you'd expect (something I had thought when I first saw a vintage Ploprof - The lack of lugs obviously help here as it's short, 12 to 6, for its width 9 to 3) - Not sure it would really work with a DJ though!

M

Last edited by snowman; 16th November 2018 at 12:26.

I have been in and out of ordering and I cannot decide. That means I will stay away because:
    - I wear my watches on the right arm and I am afraid it will be disturbing
    - I'd much rather prefer to wear the real thing
    so $900 saved...;-)

Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    I have been in and out of ordering and I cannot decide. That means I will stay away because:
    so $900 saved...;-)
    Yeah, if you're not convinced, why spend the money?

There are thousands of watches I don't own on that basis

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    so $900 saved...;-)
    i think they have all gone apart from a rather dubious looking white one...

ps if anyone has a blue or black one they want to pass on id be up for it!!!

Master
    Got one of these in the crosshairs for the future.

Master
    I have got the grey one with the orange bezel on its way to me later this month :) no doubt it will be too big for my slender wrist!